Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Anyone ever used True-Track on their Harley  (Read 25410 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Anyone ever used True-Track on their Harley
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 09:24:01 PM »

wouldnt adding additional metal around the pan act as an additional heat sink

One would think so, but it doesn't appear to affect the oil temp. The "box" that goes over the oil pan is not a solid four sided affair anyway. I suspect some consideration was given to this since when I first saw this item it was indeed a full box that was shown.

B B

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 09:46:50 PM »

wouldn't adding additional metal around the pan act as an additional heat sink

I don't think the True-Track actually butts up to the trans pan, somone correct me if im wrong, their is an air pocked between the two. So i would think that the stock oil pan still does it's job effectively and probably with no notice to temp changes.

My wife rides a 2004 SERG Electra Glide (my old bike) and complains of wobble every time we get above 70 mph and in tight corning. Since this was my ride a few years ago, i know what she is talking about. I have not experienced any wobble at all on my 2008 UC, so the MOCO changes did something. I plan on installling the True Trac on her bike real soon. In fact, reading this forum, put a bug in me.. I'm going to order one up right now. I'll install it without telling her and let her put it to the test. Remember, she is a woman, so she complains about everthing. If the wobble disapears, we will know for sure. I'll post the results in a few weeks. We are planning a week trip up hwy one to Portland. Same rodes she complained about last year.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 09:51:04 PM »

I don't think the True-Track actually butts up to the trans pan, somone correct me if im wrong, their is an air pocked between the two. So i would think that the stock oil pan still does it's job effectively and probably with no notice to temp changes.

My wife rides a 2004 SERG Electra Glide (my old bike) and complains of wobble every time we get above 70 mph and in tight corning. Since this was my ride a few years ago, i know what she is talking about. I have not experienced any wobble at all on my 2008 UC, so the MOCO changes did something. I plan on installling the True Trac on her bike real soon. In fact, reading this forum, put a bug in me.. I'm going to order one up right now. I'll install it without telling her and let her put it to the test. Remember, she is a woman, so she complains about everthing. If the wobble disapears, we will know for sure. I'll post the results in a few weeks. We are planning a week trip up hwy one to Portland. Same rodes she complained about last year.

I've installed 6 of em and I assure you they do indeed "butt up" to the oil pan.

B B

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 01:22:29 PM »

connects right to the trans. pan         then to the cross member,.,,,,,   

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 01:55:11 PM »

I used a

http://www.ridestr8.com/

Help nicely

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 03:49:00 PM »

Try switching your shocks out to Progressive 440's. Cures 98% of the high speed wobble issues and the bike corners much nicer, especially on rough roads. I think you would find you no longer need the tru track. I sure didn't..

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »

Try switching your shocks out to Progressive 440's. Cures 98% of the high speed wobble issues and the bike corners much nicer, especially on rough roads. I think you would find you no longer need the tru track. I sure didn't..

You gotta a good point, I just did it at the same time

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2008, 09:09:07 PM »

Yup, and even with Tru Track, you will want to change the shocks. Try the shocks first... It takes away all the "pucker" IMO!  ;)

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2008, 11:07:15 PM »

To late, got a True Trac ordered up. I read a write up in one the bike mags awhile ago doing an install. The snap shots looked like True Trac didn't mate up to the trans pan surface. Know I'm a little concerned knowing it does but i guess no one is seeing heat issues. The 440 seem like a good idea too but I'm curious, don't they add a little more lift in aggressive mode over stock height?

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2008, 11:26:03 PM »

Just like all performance suspensions, I think you will have less sag to start with. I ride pretty aggressively considering it's a bagger. All I can tell you is there is no comparison stock suspension with the 440's. If you ride easy, the stock stuff will be fine. I run curves and corners 20-25 over the posted speed. Before it was an issue, with the 440's not at all. The are stiffer though, but the rear wheel does stay in contact with the pavement.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 09:56:48 PM »

wouldnt adding additional metal around the pan act as an additional heat sink

Awhile back there was discussion about True Track causing heat temps to raise because it blocked the cooling fins on the trans pan. Yesterday I saw an Electraglide with one of these installed by Terry Componets. www.terrycomp.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=81
This looks like a True Track replica but they corrected the cooling issue. I just installed the True Track on my wife's bike and wish I would have seen this option before I went with the True Track. Beside the cooling issues, the Terry Componet version comes in silver to match silver coated engines. The black True Track really stands out on the silver coated trans. I plan to correct this with a powder coat job soon and there goes another $100 buck.
Anyone try the Terry Componets version?

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2008, 09:56:32 AM »

There was also that guy TWR with a new one that mounts more like the RIDESTR8, I couldn't find his post. Mounts in place of the right side passenger peg mount, runs behind the pan so it won't interfer with you jack, or rub on speed bumps. I know a few guys had bought his product, but that's it.

REGGAB

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »

There was also that guy TWR with a new one that mounts more like the RIDESTR8, I couldn't find his post. Mounts in place of the right side passenger peg mount, runs behind the pan so it won't interfer with you jack, or rub on speed bumps. I know a few guys had bought his product, but that's it.

Here you go.  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=21208.0  I have this setup, and I love it!  The bike goes where I tell it to go.  It's barely noticable in appearance, but when you first install and ride with it, the difference is dramatic.  I'm certain True Track and Ride Str8 are good devices, but the TWR device is GREAT! 

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2008, 05:37:58 PM »

I have this setup, and I love it! 

Thats a nice options too, what is the cost of that one? Terry Componest runs $390.

REGGAB

« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2008, 09:29:11 PM »

Thats a nice options too, what is the cost of that one? Terry Componest runs $390.

Tracy was selling them here for $320 I believe.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 21 queries.