Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Anyone ever used True-Track on their Harley  (Read 25416 times)

SPIDERMAN

Re: Anyone ever used True-Track on their Harley
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »

I have had the True Track on both my 03 SERK Elvis and on LD my 07 Faux CVO Road Glide and I am a HUGE fan. So far as the issue of the oil pan connector being a "heat sink "  I have not seen any evidence of this. Both bikes ran the same relative oil temps before and after the True Track was installed. As to the other similar items for sale. It is my opinion and only mine that they are all more or less copies of the True Track design. I believe the True Track was the original and others saw the potential and made enough changes to cover patent laws.Some enough so that one could argue they are not copies of the True Track (debateable IMO)  A couple seem like downright ripoffs and it's beyond me how they avoid being sued, but such is the free market. Maybe I'm old fashioned or perhaps just weird, but I don't believe in supporting people who copy other peoples ideas. Like I said, that's just a foible of mine. As such I strongly urge anyone looking to improve the handling of their Harley-Davidson motorcycle to buy the True Track. You won't be disappointed.

B B

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 11:07:14 PM »

You mean kind of like S&S,,,,, now they got away with murder..

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »

You mean kind of like S&S,,,,, now they got away with murder..

Somebody had to make these things go fast!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2008, 10:58:37 AM »

I have had the True Track on both my 03 SERK Elvis and on LD my 07 Faux CVO Road Glide and I am a HUGE fan. So far as the issue of the oil pan connector being a "heat sink "  I have not seen any evidence of this. Both bikes ran the same relative oil temps before and after the True Track was installed. As to the other similar items for sale. It is my opinion and only mine that they are all more or less copies of the True Track design. I believe the True Track was the original and others saw the potential and made enough changes to cover patent laws.Some enough so that one could argue they are not copies of the True Track (debateable IMO)  A couple seem like downright ripoffs and it's beyond me how they avoid being sued, but such is the free market. Maybe I'm old fashioned or perhaps just weird, but I don't believe in supporting people who copy other peoples ideas. Like I said, that's just a foible of mine. As such I strongly urge anyone looking to improve the handling of their Harley-Davidson motorcycle to buy the True Track. You won't be disappointed.

B B

My father was involved in one of these issues.  It would put you out of business as a small business owner in legal fees to sue for patent violation.  These suits go on for years.  If you are going against a large corporation with lots of lawyers, the standard defense is to show that you (Plaintiff) should not have been given a patent in the first place.  Government Patent Office searches are often shabby and careless when looking to see if your idea has already been filed.  Most of the time a well funded private search finds something very similar in some that way the nullifies your patent.  Don't forget that as soon as you file a patent application, the design is public record.  If someone can get your product to market before you, they make the money.  In today's society, its smarter to get the product out on the market at the same time patenting the design, once you've done a reasonable investigation of existing designs.  Being right doesn't mean you win.

Any day on the bike is a good day.

brewnut56

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 FXDB-sold
    • CVO2: FLHRSE4-sold
    • CVO3: FLHTCUSE4

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2008, 03:28:27 PM »

These links dont work??   :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Being 4 years old, I don't doubt it. Four software years is like 52 human years. :huepfenlol2:

:indian_chief:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2008, 10:51:08 AM »

There's a feature article in the July issue of American Iron on the True-Track. Just in case you want more info. Also some good info on cams.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2008, 10:30:50 PM »

i've had mine for 4 months now and i wouldn't want to have a bike without one.  the true track works great and i'd recommend it to everyone.don't miss the rear steer at all and just makes the bike feel like it handles like it's on rails.   it's a great item to have!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2008, 08:45:07 PM »

i've had mine for 4 months now and i wouldn't want to have a bike without one.  the true track works great and i'd recommend it to everyone.don't miss the rear steer at all and just makes the bike feel like it handles like it's on rails.   it's a great item to have!

I agree 100%

True-track is the one, the original and still the best

But hey, it's a free market ecomony so buy whatever you choose

Wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings

B B

« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 03:24:35 PM by SPIDERMAN »

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »

Rode the dragon and survived.  I'll give some credit to True-Track.
Any day on the bike is a good day.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.