Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New lid cover speakers  (Read 2509 times)

xcmoose

• CVO1: CVO O/B Road Glide
New lid cover speakers
« on: August 03, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »

Wondering if anyone is thinking of installing new lid cover and speakers on 09 cvo, I'm thinking of hog tune upgrade over winter months haven't decided on lidcover yet! o/b 09 Moose

Big Dog

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
Re: New lid cover speakers
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:43:49 PM »

You'll see a lot of different opinions on audio equipment on this site, pros and cons. I read them all and then took the plunge. I just finished installing a 250w Wetsounds amp/Alpine 6.5" speaker combo from ThrottleUp Industries. The amp is an ARC mini you read alot about and it is marine grade. The speakers are very light in weight but throw out the sound pretty good. Their kit came with amp/speakers/speaker adapters and a wiring kit, although I didn't use their wiring, I went with a 500 watt amp wiring kit using 8 gauge wire incase down the road speakers in my lowers are an option and I have to change the 2 channel to a 4 channel amp. If I would of had the time, I would have sent the stock radio out to get pre-amps installed but I'm looking at replacing the stock with an Alpine unit in the future anyway with Biketronics BT 1002 so I can use the stock handlebar controls. We are kind of limited on what fits in the fairing, you'll find lots of ways members have installed theirs. Once that fairing was off though, I replaced and relocated my horn with a PIAA model and bolted it inside the fairing and changed out the headlight bulbs to PIAA Extreme Whites. I also installed new molding around the inner fairing with good edging you find at automotive stores, it really tighened up the joint where the two fairings meet. Whatever system you install, it will be over and above the stock speaker setup, I know mine is great at half volume and SRV never sounded so good. Post some pictures of your lid upgrades, people always looking for new ideas. Good luck in your upgrades. :2vrolijk_21:
Randy D
Kristie D, Angel on my shoulders, October 10, 1973-April 16, 2009

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 03:07:43 PM »

Wondering if anyone is thinking of installing new lid cover and speakers on 09 cvo, I'm thinking of hog tune upgrade over winter months haven't decided on lidcover yet! o/b 09 Moose

When I did my stereo upgrade last winter I added 6x9's to the saddle bags. I mounted them to the inside of the bag and drilled holes. Not really the best sound so I've decided to go with speaker lids. Not sure of the brand but I'm picking them up at Sturgis next week.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:39:05 PM »

This is how mine are set up. Not had any problem at all with the ones in the bags or chopped tourpack as of yet.  Sounds awesome
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 01:38:46 PM »

Don't you get a lot of bugs on the grilles?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 02:15:42 PM »

Don't you get a lot of bugs on the grilles?
Thats a good point.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.