Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hello to All  (Read 2814 times)

zardoz505

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Hello to All
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:36:08 AM »

Hello to all!!! Great site ,reading it all weekend! My Name is Tim, After 9 months wait H.D. showed up on friday to drop off new ucse cc/slt gray. 300 mi. so far and lovin it!!!
 retired 03 uc after last summers ride from Seattle to Key west ,Maine ect...Had 65,000 + and never a problem!!

Haven't opened this guy up yet. but going down to ore./ca next week to finish the break in and see.
I see why alot of users replace pipes and air box. air box replacement is an easy choice but pipes,...any ideas on slip ons?
 Sampson seems to have a good choice.
 Again Tanx for a GREAT site!!!!
       tim>>>>>>>>>>>>

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Hello to All
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 08:40:21 AM »

Welcome aboard Tim  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  You made a great choice in both bike and color, now that they've got the paint issue solved.  This is a great site, and there's a lot of great advice on here about how to part you from your money.

I put the "Roll your Own" air cleaner on mine before picking it up (see thread under the CUSE topic).  Pipes...there's a lot of choices here.  I opted for the Screaming Eagle Pro Pipes (slip ons) and couldn't be happier with both the sound and performance of the bike.  Not god awful loud....just a nice sound, and there's a standard download to the ECM for that combination from the dealership, without having to get a race tuner or some other ECM as an add-on, then having to get it dyno tuned, etc.  It's all about whether you're after the extra few HP and FP you'll get with true duals, dyno time, etc.  Personally, I'm happy with the way mine is performing as set up at the dealership.  Just got throgh the break-in period on mine (900 miles now)....this thing will scream!!!! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Again, welcome to the site and congrats on your new scoot....I'll be the first to say....

[smiley=worthless.gif] [smiley=worthless.gif]
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:58:57 AM »

Tim...look under the "Twin Cam" topic for the part numbers you'll need for the AC kit...it'll save you some money and will be better than buying the "kit"...if you get the kit, you'll just end up throwing the paper AC away and replacing it with the K&N.  I have the part number for the K&N...I had to order mine from K&N.  Plus, with the roll your own method, you get a CHROME backplate!!   ;)  Do get the thick gasket mentioned on the thread...it helps with the fitting.

Sorry, but I don't know how to post a direct link to the thread......... :(
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

EZRIDN

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG - Paying tribute to an American legend
    • NE

• CVO1: FLHRSEI2
    • CVO2: 1947 FL
    • CVO3: 2004 FXSTI
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:07:16 AM »

zardoz505,

Welcome to the site.  There is a wealth of information here regarding exhausts, enhancements, accessories, performance items, how-to tips, etc.  Like TCnBham said, it all depends upon what you are looking for; mild to wild...it's in here somewhere.  I'd suggest using the 'Search' facility using key words to search through the threads.  Oh, and have your check-book handy...everyone here likes to help spend everyone else's money.  

Again, welcome!

"My goal is to become that old person everyone is afraid to take out in public."

"I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended...please be patient...I will get to you shortly ."

HD Owners Tip #39:  "Although the manual doesn't mention it, some swearing seems to help most machines run a little better."

RJ749

• SEEG Cult Newbie
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE
    • CVO3: 2002 FXDWG3
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:39:47 AM »

Welocome to the site Tim.  Looks like you are in the Seattle area from your post.

Lake Stevens here.  Good to see another SEUC from the NW.

Try these threads for starters:

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1147382762/2#2
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1147628278/12#12
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1147051568/6#6
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:40:13 AM by Rjob749 »

Nasty Habit

• Full CVO Member
  • Starting Dec. 22nd, you can say Summer's Comming
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 10:24:34 AM »

Yes Sir! Welcome Tim. I have Samson true duals with Supertrapp tunable mufflers. I have been delighted, although there is much controversy between the 70/30 factory profile and a true duals. My mechanix hates the true-duals; any kind. He is a lover of  "Thunder-Headers". I will make a stand on what I have because the instant I rode it, I noticed a BIG difference in the Torque. Maybe someday, someone will test all the possibilities out there (I know too many, I mean the most popular), and post the results. Right now, all one can do is to rely on the manufacturers specs, your buddies opinion, and everyone else's opinion. You know opinions are like a$$ holes; every one has one. Some have two.
NH :-*
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body; but rather to skid in sideways, cold beer in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and yelling WHO, HOO! What a Ride...

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 11:38:03 AM »

Tim...look under the "Twin Cam" topic for the part numbers you'll need for the AC kit...it'll save you some money and will be better than buying the "kit"...if you get the kit, you'll just end up throwing the paper AC away and replacing it with the K&N.  I have the part number for the K&N...I had to order mine from K&N.  Plus, with the roll your own method, you get a CHROME backplate!!   ;)  Do get the thick gasket mentioned on the thread...it helps with the fitting.

Sorry, but I don't know how to post a direct link to the thread......... :(
Here's the link to the SE air cleaner thread:  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1143769456

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 12:29:57 PM »

Hi zardoz505, and let me add a SW Florida Welcome!
Congrats on the new scoot... you waited 9 months?? Now you know what it's like to have a kid![smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;D  Enjoy!

Garz   [smiley=smoking.gif]
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 12:37:50 PM »

Tim-Glad you found us.  Congrats on the new ride.  Enjoy!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 12:51:15 PM »

Tim,
Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Congrats on the new scooter.

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 11:04:17 PM »

Welcome, Tim!  Punch it to a 120, slap on a set of RINEHART's, and hook a 6-speed to it, and you'll be Livin' Large! ;) Might as well go on and do it and get it over with.  It's cheaper than experimentin' up to it, anyway!  JMO.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 11:30:06 PM »

Hub is right, as he is most of the time  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Rhineharts or even the Freedom Cycle exhaust and then K&N air filter and of course either the HD SERT tuner or some prefer the Power Commander add on box, but you will certainly get lots of advice and the only limitation is the pocket book or credit card! Welcome to the best of the best. [smiley=soapbox.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

05Rider

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 02:20:09 PM »

Tim, welcome to the  [smiley=jalapeno.gif]site [smiley=banana.gif].  This is the best place to find out things for your CVO machine.  I put Freedom Pipes, PC III, and Screamin Eagle Air Cleaner.  I have more power and they look and sound great.

I too am from the Seattle area.  I live in Snohomish just a few klicks West of Mill Creek.  Let me know if you want to hear my exhaust system and we could meet some place.

Ride Safe - Enjoy Each Ride  [smiley=helmet.gif]
Freedom pipes, PC III, SE Air Cleaner
Tour Pak & Saddlebags LED Brakelight Kits
Kuryakyn Deluxe L.E.D. Taillight Conversion & LED F & R Running Lights & Turn Signals

cigarmike

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 03:04:55 PM »

welcome Tim....lots of good info here, and so so members... :D

zardoz505

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 04:52:34 AM »

removed stock a/c and pipes (jeez ,8 lbs +) got a download from the only dealer in WA that had one,had to do a little "glad handing to get them to part with it!!! I'm VERY impressed with the change in torque and HP.fire breathin' dragon!!!
 800 mi and no problems at all!!! Leaving to south ORE Monday A.M. maybe ride to CO springs to meet up with cvo'ers..
Thanks for all input site is a wealth of info..Now that this bike is breathing right it's AWESOME!!!(thought BB 95 kit on my 03 was cool)HA!!! ;D
 See ya "out there on the road!!!!!!
     Fitz>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Page created in 0.231 seconds with 21 queries.