Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Author Topic: SYN3 Oil Problems?  (Read 14597 times)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: SYN3 Oil Problems?
« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »

I was going to try Mobil 1 V Twin also. I can buy it locally at the Mobil distributor.
What makes it better than Syn 3?? (apart from being 4 bucks a quart cheaper) [highlight]$16 a quart for Mobil 1 is better than $20 for Syn 3[/highlight]  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

Are those prices in US dollars?  Holy chit - I thought $9 US was armed robbery for a quart of oil.  I guess it just shows that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  

This one is a no brainer - Mobil 1 is a better product (from independent test results as well as personal experience), and you can save $16 on an oil change with Mobil versus SYN3.  That's like getting a free filter with each oil change. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2006, 04:52:17 PM »

Aussie,

Are those prices in US dollars?  Holy chit - I thought $9 US was armed robbery for a quart of oil.  I guess it just shows that the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.  

This one is a no brainer - Mobil 1 is a better product (from independent test results as well as personal experience), and you can save $16 on an oil change with Mobil versus SYN3.  That's like getting a free filter with each oil change. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Jerry

No Jerry they are Aussie $, & genuine oil filters are $30AUD, but I have just found a local K & N dealer for the [highlight]KN-171C[/highlight] for $26AUD. So I wil be changing to Mobil 1  V-Twin &  K&N oil filter.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2006, 08:24:39 PM »

No Jerry they are Aussie $, & genuine oil filters are $30AUD, but I have just found a local K & N dealer for the [highlight]KN-171C[/highlight] for $26AUD. So I wil be changing to Mobil 1  V-Twin &  K&N oil filter.

Cheers
Aussie

That's a frightening thought Aussie.  $16.00 each for four quarts of oil and $26.00 for a filter.  $90 AUD or almost $70 USD just for oil and filter.  Can do it here for just slightly more than half that.  Thank goodness for long service intervals with the synthetics

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2006, 08:46:08 PM »

That's a frightening thought Aussie.  $16.00 each for four quarts of oil and $26.00 for a filter.  $90 AUD or almost $70 USD just for oil and filter.  Can do it here for just slightly more than half that.  Thank goodness for long service intervals with the synthetics

Frightening! scares the chit out of me too!  [smiley=nervous.gif]

Initial purchase price for the 2005 FLSTFSE was $55,000 Aussie dollars!

SE baggers are near 60k!

Thats why I buy 99% of my OCD items online from the USA. It normally works out about 1/2 price after shipping. A classic eg is when I was looking for a feuling oil pump I could have picked one up locally for $895 Aussie dollars. Wally charged me $660 Aussie dollars shipped to my door in under 7 days including a set of feuling lifters!
Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 08:57:29 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 20 queries.