Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Loaning out your bike...  (Read 2843 times)

Guthrie52

Loaning out your bike...
« on: May 18, 2012, 11:33:18 PM »

...to a family member??  Have you done this?

Long story shortened, I have two brothers both out of state.  They have been discussing a week-long ride here in Colorado later this summer.  Brother A would ride here, while Brother B has time constraints and would "fly and ride".  (I am also invited.)  A week-long rental for the bike of choice, a street glide, is about $1300, pretty steep on top of air fare to be sure.   Brother B has offered to pay expenses (his idea, not mine) to "rent" my second bike, an '09 street glide for the week.

Would do practically anything for my brothers, but loaning out my bike for a week is a real test.

Interested in your thoughts....
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 04:09:28 PM by G-52 »

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
Re: Loaning out your bike...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 11:51:09 PM »

I've loaned mine out to guys that weren't my brother. As long as they are a friend of mine and clearly know how to ride a heavy bike and understand that if they break it, they fix it to the same level as I maintain my bike (near mint), I'm ok with it.

Stuff is stuff and stuff breaks and can be fixed or replaced. Friends are more importand than stuff. Family (usually) is more important than friends. You've got a real opportunity to have a bucket list trip with your brothers. Make it happen!

JMHO
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 12:10:29 AM by Buy early »

harleydave

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE 3
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:58:05 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 06:05:24 AM »

I pay my friends and family to ride my bikes so I can sty home and relax !  :huepfenlol2: By the way great topic, should be some good stories coming.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 06:07:25 AM by Gettinold »
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:08:01 AM »

Would think about it for about 1/2 sec. The trip you 3 will have is worth the small risk you will be taking. Another suggestion would be 'Camp'. The evenings spent around a camp fire could never be replaced by time at the motel bar. JMHO
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 07:18:37 AM »

You're actually considering taking money from your brother just to let him use your bike?  Dude...... :nixweiss: ?

Tell him to put gas in.  Then hope he doesn't outrun you on your own bike.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 08:08:55 AM »

do it! enjoy it! u will be with him for the enjoyment and to oversee the bikes use.if you are worried take out extra insurance thats what its for. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2012, 08:15:11 AM »

All I can say is "You're lucky to have two brothers" and if you say no, it will haunt you one day.  Now you 3 brother's Ride on and enjoy the precious time you get to spend together and be thankful that you had an extra set of wheels for your brother.   :2vrolijk_21:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 08:19:43 AM »

All good advice. My first, split second, reaction would be "no one rides my bike but me" but then immediately I'd think what a selfish idiot I am and it's only nuts and bolts. I like the idea of extra insurance. Maybe even an envelop with the deductable in it at home (consider it a refundable deposit). But I agree with TLR, you can't charge a brother for a bike that would just be sitting otherwise. I've been trying to get my 3 brothers to do something similar but it's like herding cats. Have fun.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 09:35:39 AM »

Gotta agree with everyone.  I would never charge my brother to ride my bike.  Just make sure the insurance is up to snuff and covers another rider and go out and enjoy a bike trip with your brothers. You may never get another opportunity like this again.  Go for it!  

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 09:39:20 AM »

once on a life time brotherhood fun..... dont take brothers money just enjoy the time together  :2vrolijk_21:     

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2012, 09:40:13 AM »

I loan out my bike to certain friends without even a second thought.  They understand the "you break it you fix it" philosophy so it is all good.  In fact, I usually get it back in better shape than when I lend it to them.  Cleaned, full tank, etc.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »

Typically, I will not "borrow" another person's bike regardless of who they are......because I belong to that "you break it, you fix it" school of thought that Ernie mentioned.  I still don't quite have everything I "need" for my bike so I sure don't want to be spending my money on somebody else' bike. :nixweiss:

Having said that, I had ordered my 04 SEEG, blue and black of course when I joined this forum in late 03.  Started PMing another member of this forum and without really knowing me, he offered to let me take his 04 blue and black SEEG for a ride in the bay area.  I took him up on that offer and rode that bike while he rode another of his bikes.  I'll never forget that ride and now Andy is my brother! :2vrolijk_21:

Some moments in life can't be replaced with inanimate material objects or money.  Live life man and enjoy it! :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »

I loaned mine out to miker last week during ribfest. He's justa guy I met from the internet. LOL Thing is, I can guarantee ya he'd loan me his. Then, he broke it. Na, he did nothing wrong. It started puking oil from the breather and oil presuure switch. It would have happened whether he happened to be riding it or me. In fact, I had just changed the oil, and may have overfilled it. I won't charge miker for oiling his boots down either.  If my brother tried to charge me to ride his motorcycle.....I wouldn't ride it, EVER.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

TinSpinner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »

IF I had a brother I would certainly let him ride my bike free of charge but with an understanding that he is liable if he does something stupid. If it just breaks while he's riding it, like they all do at some point, then just fix it and forget about it, could've been you riding it when it broke. Now, having said that, I wouldn't let my sister sit on my bike, much less ride it, but she weighs 350 pounds...

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2012, 10:43:34 AM »

In your exact situation, I would let him ride it free of charge. As others have already mentioned, providing he is a licensed rider. I'm sure insurance wouldn't pay if he wasn't.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »

You are very lucky to have two brothers and the opportunity to ride with them for a week is priceless.  I have one that got pissed about something in the 70's and refuses to even acknowledge wear related..  Not a bad thing though he is a whack job.

I would loan him the bike, pay for gas and lunch if I had the chance.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

2harleys

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Hot Citrus
    • CVO2: FLSTFSE2 Wife's bike
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »

I would NEVER loan my bike to my brother. -------  OHHH forgot I don't have a brother.  Wish I did, and I would certainly loan it to him--- free of charge. 8)

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2012, 11:22:01 AM »

My older brother lives 1 mile away, He taught me to ride dirt bikes as a kid. He bought a harley in the 70's and I wanted to ride it around the block. He said NO and among other things it set a wall between us, we haven't spoke to eachother in years. I would love to have a blood related brother to ride with. Don't throw that away, enjoy your time wisely, Machines can be replaced.

Marty

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

Guthrie52

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »

Thank you for all of your responses :2vrolijk_21:

Just to clarify, I wouldn't charge my brother for expenses, that was his idea.  Question is, do you feel comfortable loaning your bike, in this case, to your brother.  Thanks again
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 11:37:08 AM by G-52 »

StevesCVO

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »

My brother can't ride so no I wouldn't.  :huepfenlol2: Seriously though, if he rode and could handle a heavy bike I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2012, 11:50:30 AM »

This is my brother from another mother Gary Kreun. We've been friends since 1972. Gary taught me how to ride a motorcycle, drive a four speed, change oil in a car, and too many other things to mention. When I graduated from college, Gary picked me up in Fargo and we drove to Rapid City where he still lives. He put me on his Kawasaki 175 for a whole week and while he worked at his job, I rode all over the Black Hills, and I mean all over! Every dirt road, every hill I had the guts to climb. I dumped that bike many times but made sure it looked as good as when I started riding it the day I left.

There is NO way I could ever pay Gary back for what he gave me in high school but, when I got The Beast and made my first trip to Sturgis in 2008, I rented another Wide Glide in Sturgis so that Gary could ride my bike for a few days during the rally. Did that again in 2009. I couldn't begin to tell you how great it was to ride behind Gary as he led our group through the Hills, down roads most folks never find. It has been a priceless experience!

Get your brothers out there by hook or by crook, plan a fantastic trip, and make some memories that will last for the rest of your life!

LovemyCVOgirl

• Four wheels move the body.... Two wheels move the soul.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Give me a switchback any day!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2015 Toyota Tundra 4X4 SR5 TRD 5.7L V8
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »

IF I had a brother I would certainly let him ride my bike free of charge but with an understanding that he is liable if he does something stupid. If it just breaks while he's riding it, like they all do at some point, then just fix it and forget about it, could've been you riding it when it broke. Now, having said that, I wouldn't let my sister sit on my bike, much less ride it, but she weighs 350 pounds...

:o  :'(  :vrolijk27: :lipsrsealed2:
Some days you're a bug, some days you're a windshield.

Deep Blue Dives

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: "Cali" - 2012 CVO Streetglide
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2012, 12:19:24 PM »

I loan out my bike to certain friends without even a second thought.  They understand the "you break it you fix it" philosophy so it is all good.  In fact, I usually get it back in better shape than when I lend it to them.  Cleaned, full tank, etc.

I agree!  As long as you know their ability, and if something goes wrong, they take care of it.  Just make sure their insurance is up to date, and will cover the value of your bike if it's more. 
"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be" ~Pink Floyd
"Counting all the assholes in the room...I'm definitely not alone" ~Volbeat

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2012, 01:09:42 PM »

WOW! you guys make me feel selfish. I would NEVER loan MY bike out to anyone, I dont care who it is  :nixweiss:

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »

Back when things were better and we had 3 bikes I loaned them many times, just not the CUSE. The only time I ever saw someone ride my Eagle was the day I mentioned that it was for sale. Now for the Brother part, Older brother took BIG $$$ from me and put my mom on the street, sweet justice, I have 3 Harleys and you can't ride one, but look at my friends go!

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2012, 01:56:01 PM »

Blood is thicker than oil!

Go and have a blast with your brothers... A trip that will be long remembered.

Ride safe & enjoy!
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2012, 01:58:29 PM »

WOW! you guys make me feel selfish. I would NEVER loan MY bike out to anyone, I dont care who it is  :nixweiss:

Wife just reminded me, When our oldest son (22) came back from deployment(army) he wanted to take it for a cruise,I was so happy just to see him I pulled it out of the garage and told him to go for it. He knows how I am with my things,He got a BIG smile and said DAM you must of really missed me, look on his face (priceless)

Guthrie52

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2012, 02:26:08 PM »

WOW! you guys make me feel selfish. I would NEVER loan MY bike out to anyone, I dont care who it is  :nixweiss:

LOL!! I appreciate your honesty...  Due, in part, to the all the replies on this thread, I have decided to grow up (a little) and a fantastic trip with the brothers is in the works :2vrolijk_21:

Since we like pics, here is one of the bike in question.  Recent mods were H-D roulette wheels in black ice, polished rotors, chrome front, and LED headlight.   Thanks for all of replies, will have to do a ride thread in August.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2012, 02:29:31 PM »

I would not hesitate IF...and it's big IF...he is a fully capable rider.  That means, has he ridden a big heavy bike before and does he have good riding skills that you've personally observed or have knowledge of.  I wouldn't let my brother borrow my car, much less my bike, but he's 20 years younger than me and has done stupid chit most of his life that would prevent me from letting him do so.  That doesn't mean I don't love him, just that I don't fully trust him to always do the right thing or act responsibly.

Having said that, I would loan my bike to several members here without hesitation and feel confident that they would return the favor.  Example:  there's not a single person who attended Ribfest that I would hesitate loaning my bike to, or letting him/her ride it.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 03:37:23 PM »

I would not hesitate IF...and it's big IF...he is a fully capable rider.  That means, has he ridden a big heavy bike before and does he have good riding skills that you've personally observed or have knowledge of.  I wouldn't let my brother borrow my car, much less my bike, but he's 20 years younger than me and has done stupid chit most of his life that would prevent me from letting him do so.  That doesn't mean I don't love him, just that I don't fully trust him to always do the right thing or act responsibly.

Having said that, I would loan my bike to several members here without hesitation and feel confident that they would return the favor.  Example:  there's not a single person who attended Ribfest that I would hesitate loaning my bike to, or letting him/her ride it.

I don't have a brother, but everything TC said ^^^ sums up my thoughts on this.  It should help that you'll be along and able to see everything that goes on.  Have a good ride!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 04:20:59 PM »

All my brothers ride and have thrown me their keys when I would go for a visit and I have done the same. I have let others on this site ride mine without hesitation and would do it again! :2vrolijk_21:

:bananarock:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 04:40:42 PM »

Don't have a (blood) brother but have let good friends ride my bike before. Don't have an extra bike to lend so we both could go riding but IMO I think it would be more comfortable to be there riding with them than to see your bike being ridden off and waiting for its return. :nixweiss:

Now on the other hand I don't like to ride others bikes because it usually costs me... be either adding mods to my bike or buying a new bike because I found something on their bike that I had to have. ;D ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 07:10:41 PM »

Don't have a (blood) brother but have let good friends ride my bike before. Don't have an extra bike to lend so we both could go riding but IMO I think it would be more comfortable to be there riding with them than to see your bike being ridden off and waiting for its return. :nixweiss:

Now on the other hand I don't like to ride others bikes because it usually costs me... be either adding mods to my bike or buying a new bike because I found something on their bike that I had to have. ;D ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

All I can say is I let Brian (103tHunDer) ride my Yellow Jacket at Ribfest...You know what he just did. ;D 103tHunDer may be calling himself 110tHunDer! :huepfenlol2: :drink: Yep, he got stung!!! :huepfenjump3: :drink: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 07:56:26 PM »

All I can say is I let Brian (103tHunDer) ride my Yellow Jacket at Ribfest...You know what he just did. ;D 103tHunDer may be calling himself 110tHunDer! :huepfenlol2: :drink: Yep, he got stung!!! :huepfenjump3: :drink: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:
Proves my point. Last time I rode a friends bike was back in '03 and I ended up buying a new bike. When I got back from riding his bike I don't know which of us was smiling the most.... me because I knew I had been stung or him because he knew he had stung me.... I bet you can relate to that second part, huh? ;) :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »

I'm smiling because I'm happy for my buddy! ;D :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 08:18:45 PM »

I'm smiling because I'm happy for my buddy! ;D :2vrolijk_21:
My friend was happy for me too... but he also knew it was the second time he had made me spend money.... the previous time was on motor mods to my Fatboy after riding his Stage 3 motor upgraded Fatboy.

I've been known to be slow at times (took him getting in my pocket twice to realize this ;D) but I have found what I don't know or have the privilege of experiencing I don't have to worry about wanting it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »

Stay away from JR .......... Everyone!! Jerry knows what I'm talkin' about! :o

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 08:43:05 PM »

My friend was happy for me too... but he also knew it was the second time he had made me spend money.... the previous time was on motor mods to my Fatboy after riding his Stage 3 motor upgraded Fatboy.

I've been known to be slow at times (took him getting in my pocket twice to realize this ;D) but I have found what I don't know or have the privilege of experiencing I don't have to worry about wanting it.
Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Ah, but now you do know and it is a privilege to experience it so no worries, just go out and get it! It made you happy in the past and I'm confident you'd be happy after you take the plunge. Nows the time to experience a new O/B. Guarantee you will be smiling like a mule eating brier! ;D ::)

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 08:43:52 PM »

Stay away from JR .......... Everyone!! Jerry knows what I'm talkin' about! :o

:nixweiss: :D :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »

Ah, but now you do know and it is a privilege to experience it so no worries, just go out and get it! It made you happy in the past and I'm confident you'd be happy after you take the plunge. Nows the time to experience a new O/B. Guarantee you will be smiling like a mule eating brier! ;D ::)

I'm skeered :nervous:... I don't ride as much as I was back then and I don't have the confidence/warm fuzzy feeling about the newer bikes. :nixweiss: For now I'm going to stick with the one I brought to the dance so to speak. :)

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2012, 01:12:41 AM »

It's only money if something breaks.
I let my brother take my bike all the time, and sometimes ride his for a change of pace.

I pretty much will let any good friend (THAT KNOWS HOW TO RIDE) and has there own bike,  ride mine.
Like RedDevil said, just make sure insurance is up to par.

Big Dave

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 06:09:53 AM »

This is my brother from another mother Gary Kreun. We've been friends since 1972. Gary taught me how to ride a motorcycle, drive a four speed, change oil in a car, and too many other things to mention. When I graduated from college, Gary picked me up in Fargo and we drove to Rapid City where he still lives. He put me on his Kawasaki 175 for a whole week and while he worked at his job, I rode all over the Black Hills, and I mean all over! Every dirt road, every hill I had the guts to climb. I dumped that bike many times but made sure it looked as good as when I started riding it the day I left.

There is NO way I could ever pay Gary back for what he gave me in high school but, when I got The Beast and made my first trip to Sturgis in 2008, I rented another Wide Glide in Sturgis so that Gary could ride my bike for a few days during the rally. Did that again in 2009. I couldn't begin to tell you how great it was to ride behind Gary as he led our group through the Hills, down roads most folks never find. It has been a priceless experience!

Get your brothers out there by hook or by crook, plan a fantastic trip, and make some memories that will last for the rest of your life!
Great story! :2vrolijk_21:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

CVOJIMMYC

• Elite CVO Member
    • NC

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE tequila sunrise
    • CVO2: MY BSR "shes a sweet ride too"
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2012, 08:54:24 AM »

Put your bro on that bike and have the time of your lives :2vrolijk_21:
My favorite color is chrome
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.337 seconds with 21 queries.