Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: more power  (Read 1724 times)

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
more power
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:59:06 PM »

purple haze here , i went and bought K.N filter, i had high flow filter from factory, they are crap! i have 1000 miles and i dont dirt track bike, but when i put my K.N filter in i know im getting 5H.P at least ,i thought my bike was going to rear up and wheeley on me, it than started smoking tire, if you got one you know, so give it a try for $50 bucks, oh by the way i dont work for D.D exhaust , but if you want 10 H.P get one
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 07:07:48 PM by naitram »
TOM

2Fatboys

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: more power
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:46:33 PM »

(32107-01E is $459.95)  Found several on E-Bay for $360.99.  I got one coming.  Http://www.discountcycleparts.com  sells the boarzillas for $650.  Gonna get one of those too.  HD-800 K&N is also on the way for $45.00  Plugs and plug wires are worth how many ponies?

NE-Tacoma06Fatboy

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 07:43:06 PM »

can't wait to get my K & Ns....

PoorUrbanHdBiker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 09:27:45 AM »

HA HA Ha HA LOLOLOLOL

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 10:43:24 AM »

i do not get the joke, but plug wires from dealer or $12 to $15 bucks and bosch plugs are about $15 bucks , cheap H.P, i am jealous ,you got K.N for $45 mine cost $79.95 they have you over barrell at the dealer and now with the new motors i have to have them do work , its not as easy as old school.  :-/
TOM

Street Stalker

• Junior CVO Member
  • All show and no go, but about to change
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:59:27 PM »

i thought my bike was going to rear up and wheeley on me, it than started smoking tire, if you got one you know,

I believe the above statement is the joke he is laughing at.  I have one also, but I guess I am not in the know either with my 575 cams, vance and hines pipes and power commader at 104 tq. that won't "wheely on me"  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I don't think you're gonna sell to many guys on this board without a dyno sheet or lining them up...[smiley=beatdeadhorse.gif]

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 07:10:23 PM »

hey stalker i was just inpressed with the difference the K.N filter and some other low dollar add ons , but i guess i could get whelly out of it , i know for a fact i can light my tire and thats not up aginst a wall to press against , i have not dug inside my motor like yours i have not seen your dyno sheet and i did not change my cams, i like to think my bike has 100H.P and its just add ons and its more likely to not hand grenade some night when im trying to show my power , i was just trying to tell people the luck i have had from my 103C.C some of us dont want to make major engine mods. :D
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 07:19:46 PM »

hey stalker i was just inpressed with the difference the K.N filter and some other low dollar add ons , but i guess i could get whelly out of it , i know for a fact i can light my tire and thats not up aginst a wall to press against , i have not dug inside my motor like yours i have not seen your dyno sheet and i did not change my cams, i like to think my bike has 100H.P and its just add ons and its more likely to not hand grenade some night when im trying to show my power , i was just trying to tell people the luck i have had from my 103C.C some of us dont want to make major engine mods. :D
by the way im running different header,and i am using S.E.R.T which is proved to be better than commander , we are all different thats what makes this fun [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
TOM

purple haze

• PURPLE HAZE
  • Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 07:27:53 PM »

dyno sheet is on the way ,i am p.c dumb but wife says she can take picture and use patch cord to send to this site, by the way im making more power than i will use, unless you like to drag race thats fine with me, bring it on  ;D
TOM

MikeDCMF

• FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2005 Screaming Eagle Fat Boy Platnum/Silver
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 06:57:27 PM »

I was smoking the tire before any mod's were made (pissed off the old lady). Got a pc III cause I can't find anyone (besides haze) that has anything bad to say about it. Truth is, if your gonna change your cam's, pistons etc then a sert should be used (just stating what i read) Once I installed the pipe, took it in to be tuned by a pro and the a/f mixture is fabulous, no dips. not quite a 100hp but look at the temp the day it was done (says right at the top of the dyno sheet(96 degree's). So, i want a few more ponies.... add the high octane, take it in on a cool day, possibly change the filter to a K & N. Biggest mistake I made was not changing the filter cause at the 5K check up the stealer change the filter as I guess the original was shot. Oh well. Got over 1000 miles with the new pipes and I am having a blast!!!!! I did read in a magazine that Taylor makes a set of plug wires that is guarenteed to give 2.1 more horse power dyno proven.

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 22 queries.