Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Detachable TP and redo the audio on '11 Ultra's  (Read 421 times)

stybond

Detachable TP and redo the audio on '11 Ultra's
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:31:04 AM »

Thanks for all the great reading guys. I am hoping to become a CVO Ultra owner soon enough and the only mods I am determined to do is the detachable TP and audio upgrade. Seeing as I would rather ride than tinker, I was going to be both greedy and do them both at the same time but I have absolutely NO audio tech knowledge (Blessings to those who do). People are saying use the new amp in the fairing to power the front speakers and the Tour Pak speakers when the TP is on the bike. I guess the first question is, does an amp care if you are not using all the speakers, can I run the bike most day with front only?

Now, please permit me to complicate the plan and see if anyone can recommend a "Better or best" way to go. Doing what I plan above leaves me with an HD amp and HD 4 speakers redundant. Being thrifty by nature, I wonder, can I use the HD head unit to drive two amps, with the current audio feed from front to back to drive the stock amp and the Stock HD speakers and the new amp driving the front speakers?

Other than finding locations for 4 speakers at each end of the bike, can an audio savy person point out a best way to make use of my HD stuff other than keeping it to drive the tour pak when the TP is on the bike and collect dust when the TP is in the garage?

Regards,
Stu
Perth West Aust
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 05:57:30 AM by stybond »

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.