Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cee Bailey vs Windvest  (Read 1974 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Cee Bailey vs Windvest
« on: August 05, 2012, 01:09:56 AM »

I have a 15in Cee Bailey on my 12 SERGC but cant wear a faceshield due to major buffeting. Actually had to pull to the side of the freeway today when I tried my new 3/4 helmet to take off the faceshield due to intense shaking. Problem is, I love the looks of the Cee Baileys (to me, it looks like the stock Windsplitter) and I am not sure of A) the looks of the Windvest on the bike and B) whether or not it will fix the problem? I am 6.3 with only a 31 inseem and did go ahead and order the Windvest in the 16in. I thought about ordering the Cee Glide in the 16in but when I duck down a bit it helps but does not solve the problem.
Appreciate any input that would help.
Alan

Houtx101

Re: Cee Bailey vs Windvest
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:17:40 PM »

I was having a similar issue with the original wind splitter that came on my bike. Loved the look but didn't do a lot for me or for the wife on the back. Think it was worse on her as she said the wind noise in her ears was horrible.
I started to go with Klockwerks as I had one of their windshields on my Road King and that thing was outstanding. Read some bad press for road glides with Klockwerks though.
So I bit the bullet and went with the tallest one I could find any good press on. Went with the V-Stream 18", picked it up brand new on Ebay for a lot less than most of the other brands out there. It does take a few points off of the Cool factor, but dang if it doesn't do a super job of keeping the wind of of me as the driver and the wife as the passenger. Went out for about 200 miles yesterday, some speeds up to 80mph and smooth as silk the entire trip. Another huge bonus, can actually hear the radio now !
Only issue I have is that the rubber seal doesn't conform exactly right on the windshield, I need to spend some time with it trying to get it just right !

Search on Ebay "New National Cycle V-Stream Windshield Harley FLTR 18"

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 03:44:57 PM »

SD, 

When I got my '09 SERG, I tried several wind shields.  See here:  SERG AND CVO: VERY GOOD TO ME! NEXT?  (Replies #153 - 155).  The 14" Cee Baileys works great for me.  BUT, I'm 5'11" with a 32" inseam.  At 6'3" and 31", your at least 4" taller in the upper frame than I.  You would thus need at least a 18" Cee Baileys or any other wind shield, for that matter.  Hope this helps. 

GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 12:27:54 AM »

16 in is as high as either the WV or CB Cee Glide go. SD Harley told me that if the WV does not improve my situation they will take it back. If it isnt a big improvement, I love the look of the CB so I wont keep it. If I dont try and wear a faceshield, its not that bad but in the winter...
Alan

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.