Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cee Bailey not working..  (Read 3155 times)

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
Cee Bailey not working..
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:11:29 AM »

I am 6.2 with a 32in inseam and am struggling with intense buffeting when I use a faceshield on my helmet. I have a 15in Cee Glide which I love the way it looks but in the winter I wanted to use a faceshield so I thought I would try a Windvest.
I got the 16in Windvest and tried it today from the dealer and it still didn't work. It was certainly better and the buffeting didn't start until around 70 with a faceshield on (would start around 55 with the 15in Cee Glide) but I didn't care for the looks of the WV so I now ordered a 16 in Cee Glide. If that doesn't work I guess I am out of luck.. If I take the faceshield off and put a strap on my glasses (Oakley Windvests) The buffeting is very slight with either shield so if the 16in CG doesn't work, no faceshield for me...
Am I missing anything?
Alan

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Cee Bailey not working..
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 06:39:14 AM »

FWIW, when I took my lowers off for the summer I noticed a huge difference in the amount of wind coming up from my feet. Blows my smokes right out of my shirt pocket. I didn't have that problem with the lowers on. I'm wondering if the buffeting is coming from below as opposed to over the top. I'm 5'11" with a 34" inseam and am running a 12" KW on mine. I get wind but really noticed the big difference once I took my lowers off.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 12:48:02 AM »

I was thinking about that also until I put on the Windvest and the buffeting didnt start until another 15 mph up
Alan

bobsplus

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 10:09:34 AM »

I have a cee bailey 16" light smoke for sale if interested, cheaper than a new one, alot.... I used it for 2-3k, very good condition. Wife says I need to sell , I have to many windshields in shop....it was on my 2011 roadglide CVO
Ride it like ya Stole IT!

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 02:49:50 PM »

I have a cee bailey 16" light smoke for sale if interested, cheaper than a new one, alot.... I used it for 2-3k, very good condition. Wife says I need to sell , I have to many windshields in shop....it was on my 2011 roadglide CVO

PM sent

Dan
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 08:20:06 PM »

Hope it works out for Dan, I already bought the dark smoke 16in but thanks.
Alan

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »

PM Sent
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

zfdtruckman

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 12:31:01 AM »

I bought a 2011 Road Glide last year.  3 different winshields and never could get it dialed in.  Could only hear the stereo in a parking lot and at the stop light.  Traded it for a 2012 CVO Ultra Classic this year and now hear the music at any speed and can sit back and enjoy a stogie with absolutely no wind or buffeting.  Hope you find some way to make it work, I didn't have the patience even though that bike handled like a dream.

bane1240

• HD Rocks!
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 11:11:22 AM »

I am 6.2 with a 32in inseam and am struggling with intense buffeting when I use a faceshield on my helmet. I have a 15in Cee Glide which I love the way it looks but in the winter I wanted to use a faceshield so I thought I would try a Windvest.
I got the 16in Windvest and tried it today from the dealer and it still didn't work. It was certainly better and the buffeting didn't start until around 70 with a faceshield on (would start around 55 with the 15in Cee Glide) but I didn't care for the looks of the WV so I now ordered a 16 in Cee Glide. If that doesn't work I guess I am out of luck.. If I take the faceshield off and put a strap on my glasses (Oakley Windvests) The buffeting is very slight with either shield so if the 16in CG doesn't work, no faceshield for me...
Am I missing anything?

Try these: http://sanchoswings.com/

I have a CeeBailey's 15" as well. It works great with the wings on the bike.

The RoadGlide.org website is full on info on this bike which is where I learned about them. Its unreal the amount of air they block which make many shields "appear" to work better. They are only $40 and for that they are well worth it.
2012 FLTRXSE (Maple)
21/17 PM Heathens
Diamond Cut Heads/Jugs
TW-7H Cams
V&H Widows/True Duals
Ness Boards

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:47 PM »

I also have a pair of Sancho's wings and agree that they block a huge amount of wind from the rider.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 22 queries.