Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Tuner for 2012 110 motor  (Read 18812 times)

IRISHSE

• IRISH
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2(SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
Tuner for 2012 110 motor
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:42:06 AM »

Looking for a tuner basically to improve performance and reduce lean condition in the motor.  Only mod I've made to mike is removed cat from stock pipe otherwise I plan to leave it alone and ride it.

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
Re: Tuner for 2012 110 motor
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 01:08:21 AM »

Cobra Powrpro Fi2000.  The best product ever, just ask anybody here.  ::) ::)  In fact, I have one, barely used, that I'll sell you CHEAP.

Or just do it right the first time, and get a TTS Mastertune with a good download from Fullsac, Metal Dragon, Doc's Performance, etc.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 01:34:09 AM »

Cobra  :D ;D
TTS, SEPST or Power Vision  :2vrolijk_21:
I would visit the most reputable tuners around your area and see who your comfortable with and his preferred tuner of choice!
The tuners do more or less the same thing, its the guy who is doing the tuning who can make a difference!
Good Luck, ..
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 01:37:19 AM by Charlie »
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

CVOThunder

• Retired avionics squid 1984-2004
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 01:53:21 AM »

I have the SEPST but switching to the TTS Master Tune when I install the Fullsac DX pipe. Lots of choices out there but even though I'm wasting money by buying a second tuner I've finally seen the light and going with the unit with wide support and tunability. I decided to have the 18mm O2 ports installed even though you don't need them with the TTS. Probably another waste of cash but just something crazy to do incase I go a different route later on or if I bring it in for a dyno tune and the guy needs to have a means to sniff each cylinder. Don't see that happening since I got the word from Fullsac that it isn't needed. I dunno.... :)
2020 Road Glide Limited, 131" kit
2007 Softail Custom
2015 Road Glide Special, denim traded
2011.5 Big Blue Screamin’ Eagle Ultra Classic traded

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 06:05:11 AM »

Powervision. You'll get the best autotuned and save the time and $ having to pay for dyno tune.

GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 07:46:46 AM »

Several shops in your state.. Have the bike tuned .. Tuner wise lots of options.. My first choice would be TTS second SEST and last PV.  Good luck
2012 SHARK  S&S 124 150/140   www.gmrperformance.com

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 09:01:03 AM »

Looking for a tuner basically to improve performance and reduce lean condition in the motor.  Only mod I've made to mike is removed cat from stock pipe otherwise I plan to leave it alone and ride it.

Lots of experts and opinions around here so it can be somewhat difficult to separate the fact from the fiction. The best advice I've found here is talk to whoever you plan to use to tune your bike to and use whatever device they are most comfortable working with.

Or buy a device that can auto tune and let it do it for you like your car, with minimal mods done to the bike (same as yours) this is the route I went and am very happy with my results at this level.

"If" I choose to dail it up later on after the warranty expires by adding cams or doing the heads etc maybe I'll need or chose a different direction but for a simple device that auto tunes the air fuel mixture in real time the Cobra Fi2000 has proven to me it works as advertised. Maybe better, which we shall see once I throw her up on a dyno to measure exactly what is going on and then I'll post the results back in this forum good, bad or indifferent for informational purposes. The dyno results should be interesting.....

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »

Talking to the guy doing the tune is great advice.  Be careful of "autotune". It's very misleading.  There isn't a real one on the market. More to it than just mapping fuel.  Take the cat out it will breath better and rev faster. Spark needs adjusted also.

For what you got going. I would sell you a direct link key for $250 and tune for $425.  You can't get an "autotune" for that. Good luck.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 03:12:06 PM »

Lots of experts and opinions around here so it can be somewhat difficult to separate the fact from the fiction. The best advice I've found here is talk to whoever you plan to use to tune your bike to and use whatever device they are most comfortable working with.

Or buy a device that can auto tune and let it do it for you like your car, with minimal mods done to the bike (same as yours) this is the route I went and am very happy with my results at this level.

"If" I choose to dail it up later on after the warranty expires by adding cams or doing the heads etc maybe I'll need or chose a different direction but for a simple device that auto tunes the air fuel mixture in real time the Cobra Fi2000 has proven to me it works as advertised. Maybe better, which we shall see once I throw her up on a dyno to measure exactly what is going on and then I'll post the results back in this forum good, bad or indifferent for informational purposes. The dyno results should be interesting.....

Actually, the stock ecm does that. Like the car, they will adjust in a narrow range (both within limits set by your friendly EPA and the various factories!) . Remember the air cooled motor has much more to deal with than the water cooled car.
IMO the "best tune" would be the most efficient burn at various loads and speeds. (Best VE's)
Proof would be real world riding, not so much "dyno riding".
JMHO, again!
 8)
HOGMIKE

JustDennis

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Spiced Rum
    • CVO2: 2005 VRSCSE Light/Dark Cherry
    • CVO3: 2008 Ford F150 Harley Edition - Supercharged
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 04:11:37 PM »

I have used TTS, SEPRO and Power Vision (PV).  I just got my 2010 FLHXSE and it came with a SEPRO but I had DynoJet enable the PV I was using for my 2008 for use on 2010.  You can add a Dual license to the PV for $199 and tune two bikes.  Even though I had a SEPRO, I switched to the PV because it is so easy to use.  You can tune with the stock narrow band sensors or add wideband sensors.  Works great and I highly recommend it, especially if you want to tune the bike yourself.  If you plan to use a tuner nearby, see what they are familiar with before you buy.
Ride Safe,
JustDennis

CVCVORG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLTRXSE BLUE
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2013, 04:49:18 PM »

Order Dyno PV from Fuel Motto and ask Jamie to send you a map for your setup.

Simple and easy, comes with free handle bar mount, no laptop computer needed.

You won't be disappointed

IRISHSE

• IRISH
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2(SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 07:32:38 PM »

Thanks for all the input guys.  Do these tuners mentioned flash the ecu or do you have to keep them hooked to ecu?

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2013, 07:43:32 PM »

Thanks for all the input guys.  Do these tuners mentioned flash the ecu or do you have to keep them hooked to ecu?

TTS, Power Vision and SEST flash the ecm.

Cobra, V&H Fuel Pack, PV-5 are piggyback systems.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »

Actually, the stock ecm does that. Like the car, they will adjust in a narrow range (both within limits set by your friendly EPA and the various factories!) . Remember the air cooled motor has much more to deal with than the water cooled car.
IMO the "best tune" would be the most efficient burn at various loads and speeds. (Best VE's)
Proof would be real world riding, not so much "dyno riding".JMHO, again!
 8)

HogMike

I agree with your last statement and as I pointed out in my post above I for one am completely satisfied with the "real world riding" experience with the Cobra Fi2000 Power Pro offers. Putting it up on the Dyno was to test the performance output of my combination over bone stock and to validate that what appears to be spot on from the seat of the pants experience is in fact supported by the Dyno test results.

Fatboy

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2013, 08:09:18 PM »

Save yourself alot of wasted money. Paying for a dyno with a simple exhaust change is an utter and complete waste of $. Get a Powervision, get a custom map that comes free with it, autotune using the Powervision and there's not a single chance that any professional tuner will tune the stock motor any better. PERIOD.  http://www.fuelmotousa.com/site/power-vision.html

After more than 10 years of efi tuning, at least a half dozen professional dyno tunes on various bikes, extensive experience with SEPST tuner and extensive experience tuning my 110 with the Powervision, I can assure you there's no tuner on the market that can tune a bike across the entire rpm and KPa range using the stock 02 sensors other than the DynoJet Powervision. The OP is looking for a simple and economical way to tune a simple exhaust change with a CAT removed.

Those suggesting he should pay for a professional dynotune are unfortunately providing very poor advice. There's simply no professional tune that will perform any better on an almost completely stock bike than a solid custom map combined with the PowerVision autotuning capability.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 08:13:37 PM by Heatwave »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 21 queries.