Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: 2014 Limited CVO Radio Issue - Front Speakers Not Working  (Read 17822 times)

garretn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2014 Limited CVO Radio Issue - Front Speakers Not Working
« on: December 26, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »

Has anyone else had an issue with the radio front speakers not working until you go into the fader and tap the button and the front speakers come on?  I have searched the forum since I know I read somewhere about this issue.  I took it to the dealer today and they said they flashed the radio and it was fixed. I bet you will be surprised that when I picked it up the first time I went to start the bike the front speakers didn't work.  I showed it to the dealer and he said he didn't know what else to do about it he would let me know.  As you can imagine I am not thrilled that my bike with 175 miles on it has to even go to the shop in the first place. 

AMEDD_SFC

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 CVO Limited
    • TX

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - The Big Red One
Re: 2014 Limited CVO Radio Issue - Front Speakers Not Working
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 05:00:06 PM »

It's a documented bug in the system for the "Premium" CVO radio.  It's a PITA to have to go into the fader each time to get the fronts to work.

I just use the time to let the bike warm up.    :juggle:

Supposedly, MoCo is hard at work on a patch.  1.17.1.1 is the latest version at HD, but does not address the problem. 

Waiting anxiously.

Regards,

Mark

Mark B.
SFC, USA (RET)

garretn

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 06:55:55 PM »

Thanks for the reply..  When they come up with a fix I will post what was done.

tpcrawford

• Tim
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 07:56:11 PM »

Yep, have the same problem.  I think a lot of folks on here have the fader issue.   I'm waiting as well.

-Tim
2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited, Flame Blue, Vivid Black  --  SOLD
2007 VRSCAW VROD, Black Cherry Pearl  -- SOLD

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 10:20:32 PM »

Yep, I've got that and many other issues with the wonderful Infotainment system. :)  I have noticed that if I turn the bike off with the ignition switch instead of the kill switch, it seems to work better.  :nixweiss:  The longer it takes the more pissed off I get that we are just supposed to be okay with our brand new bikes not working for months on end.  I'm going on close to 4 months now being told by the dealer a fix is in the works.  Really?  When?  Just how long is it okay to have a bike that doesn't do what its supposed to?  I freakin' love this bike, but my patience is wearing thin. I'm at a loss really. You can't take it to the dealer because when you tell them what's wrong they just say "Oh, yes, MoCo has documented that and they're working on it." There should be a law that says if the bike is new and cannot be fixed in 2,3,4, add however many months you like, we will take it back.  Anyway, now I'm pissed and rambling, so I'll shut up. :) 

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 05:34:23 AM »

What Kill Switch????  I only have the Ignition on/off on the handkle bar and there is no longer an ignition switch on the fork lock.  There is no Stop/Run switch (AKA Kill switch).  With all the switches maybe I am missing something.  I am still having trouble getting used to this!

/Bill

Yep, I've got that and many other issues with the wonderful Infotainment system. :)  I have noticed that if I turn the bike off with the ignition switch instead of the kill switch, it seems to work better.  :nixweiss:  The longer it takes the more pissed off I get that we are just supposed to be okay with our brand new bikes not working for months on end.  I'm going on close to 4 months now being told by the dealer a fix is in the works.  Really?  When?  Just how long is it okay to have a bike that doesn't do what its supposed to?  I freakin' love this bike, but my patience is wearing thin. I'm at a loss really. You can't take it to the dealer because when you tell them what's wrong they just say "Oh, yes, MoCo has documented that and they're working on it." There should be a law that says if the bike is new and cannot be fixed in 2,3,4, add however many months you like, we will take it back.  Anyway, now I'm pissed and rambling, so I'll shut up. :)  
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 05:37:09 AM by WFP »
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 09:06:51 AM »

What Kill Switch????  I only have the Ignition on/off on the handkle bar and there is no longer an ignition switch on the fork lock.  There is no Stop/Run switch (AKA Kill switch).  With all the switches maybe I am missing something.  I am still having trouble getting used to this!

/Bill

The "fork lock" is what I'm calling the ignition switch, but maybe I'm in error.  If I shut down the bike with the fork lock, it seems the next time I get on she start up with sound in all speakers.

tpcrawford

• Tim
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »

Yep, I've got that and many other issues with the wonderful Infotainment system. :)  I have noticed that if I turn the bike off with the ignition switch instead of the kill switch, it seems to work better.  :nixweiss:  The longer it takes the more pissed off I get that we are just supposed to be okay with our brand new bikes not working for months on end.  I'm going on close to 4 months now being told by the dealer a fix is in the works.  Really?  When?  Just how long is it okay to have a bike that doesn't do what its supposed to?  I freakin' love this bike, but my patience is wearing thin. I'm at a loss really. You can't take it to the dealer because when you tell them what's wrong they just say "Oh, yes, MoCo has documented that and they're working on it." There should be a law that says if the bike is new and cannot be fixed in 2,3,4, add however many months you like, we will take it back.  Anyway, now I'm pissed and rambling, so I'll shut up. :) 

Same here !   I'm at 4 months as well.   I'm going to give them until riding season starts again ... ie ... March 2014.  If there's no fix available at that time, I'm going to demand a new radio.   
It's very frustrating and every time it happens, it pisses me off more and more.   $40K for the bike and the radio is held together with chewing gum and bailng wire  ....   >:(
2014 FLHTKSE CVO Ultra Limited, Stardust Silver, Autumn Sunset
2010 FLHTK Ultra Limited, Flame Blue, Vivid Black  --  SOLD
2007 VRSCAW VROD, Black Cherry Pearl  -- SOLD

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »

Sorry you new owners are having problems but at least your heads aren't leaking oil and and and. Just glad I didn't jump in on another first year, already done that never again.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »

They way I look at it it does not matter when you buy a HD. You will ALWAYS have recalls and quality issues.

I have never had an HD that did not get a recall within the first year or needed repair.

I don't buy a HD for the quality, if that was priority one I would buy Japanese.

jr1521

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 01:16:50 PM »

Hi Guys. I did have this issue and has been corrected by my HD Dealer. I picked up my bike at the end of Sept 2013. I don't think I had the problem until I performed the update  1.17.1.1. After starting the Bike I had to touch the Fader screen for the Ft speakers to come on. The tech hooked up the PC to the bike and went into the Body control unit. Connected with the Audio system and there is a Box that needs to be checked telling the Audio system that the bike is equipped with front  speakers.  That fixed it. I don't know if The update  1.17.1.1 changed that setting but that is when I noticed it. Have that done and you should be fine.

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 01:28:30 PM »

Hi Guys. I did have this issue and has been corrected by my HD Dealer. I picked up my bike at the end of Sept 2013. I don't think I had the problem until I performed the update  1.17.1.1. After starting the Bike I had to touch the Fader screen for the Ft speakers to come on. The tech hooked up the PC to the bike and went into the Body control unit. Connected with the Audio system and there is a Box that needs to be checked telling the Audio system that the bike is equipped with front  speakers.  That fixed it. I don't know if The update  1.17.1.1 changed that setting but that is when I noticed it. Have that done and you should be fine.

If that was the case why would most people's front speakers come on some of the time?  I think if that box wasn't "checked," the speakers would never come on.

jr1521

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 01:35:03 PM »

The only thing I have experienced or read was that  every time they start the bike when fully shut off, the ft speakers wouldn't come on until I Touched the fader on the screen. After that fix, I have not had that problem. It was done At the 1k service, and I have just over 3800 miles now. It should fix the issue described above. If people have intermittent ft speaker issues, that might be a different problem. 

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 02:02:27 PM »

The only thing I have experienced or read was that  every time they start the bike when fully shut off, the ft speakers wouldn't come on until I Touched the fader on the screen. After that fix, I have not had that problem. It was done At the 1k service, and I have just over 3800 miles now. It should fix the issue described above. If people have intermittent ft speaker issues, that might be a different problem. 

So yours works 100% of the time after the tech checked a box?  I'll add that fix to my list of things to mention to the service guy next time i go. :)

jr1521

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2013, 02:22:47 PM »

Yes Aqua-Glider. The Ft speakers have worked 100 pct of the time since that fix. Don't let them tell you there is no such thing. The new technology with the body control unit has a lot of advances and communicates  different in a lot of ways  than the 2013 and older. Just need a good tech that knows the new bikes. Keep me posted on the Outcome. Be interested to know how you make out
 Thanks, John
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 21 queries.