Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inner fairing removal  (Read 2867 times)

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
Inner fairing removal
« on: March 08, 2014, 04:44:38 AM »

Does anyone have the service manual for the 14's yet? I have one ordered but not here yet.

I need to know what fuse to remove or if the battery should be disconnected to remove the inner fairing. In other words.... I don't want to unplug or disconnect in the wrong order and have all the electronics screwed up on this thing from doing it wrong. I know previously you would simply full the main fuse but not sure with the new ones and the CAN system and infotainment. Give me a wrench, lol.......

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rick
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Inner fairing removal
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 10:24:05 AM »

Does anyone have the service manual for the 14's yet? I have one ordered but not here yet.

I need to know what fuse to remove or if the battery should be disconnected to remove the inner fairing. In other words.... I don't want to unplug or disconnect in the wrong order and have all the electronics screwed up on this thing from doing it wrong. I know previously you would simply full the main fuse but not sure with the new ones and the CAN system and infotainment. Give me a wrench, lol.......

Thanks for any help you can give.

Rick

Owner's manual doesn't have the battery disconnect procedure?

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:13:16 AM »

Ya know.................. sometimes chit is just so obvious that you don't see it right in front of your face, LOL. It's in there and it's the same as previous, disarm security and remove the negative cable first.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious!!! :2vrolijk_21:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 12:28:34 PM »

Ya know.................. sometimes chit is just so obvious that you don't see it right in front of your face, LOL. It's in there and it's the same as previous, disarm security and remove the negative cable first.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Glad it was easy.  But it wasn't assured.  This is Harley we're talking about.  Owner's manual might have been filled with little more than P&A listings for owner's manual page turning spoons and special dressings to shine the cover of the book....

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.