Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Driver foot controls - adjustable?  (Read 6123 times)

SimP

• Sim
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
Driver foot controls - adjustable?
« on: September 29, 2014, 03:13:44 PM »

Just got my '15 CVO Limited!!

??? My question is - the rear brake pedal sits very high and I have to lift my foot up to use the brake and in heavy traffic it might get old fast. Is there anyway I can adjust/depress the brake pedal, or raise the driver foot board to make this tolerable and safer?

Any advise would be appreciated!! Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:28:46 AM by SimP »
Sim

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire
    • CVO2: 2007 Suzuki M109R Limited, still in the stable
    • CVO3: 2013 Road King CVO Crushed Sapphire - Traded
Re: Driver foot controls - adjustable?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 08:15:09 PM »

Call Rick at soft brake. www.softbrake.com.  I did the extended wide with the extended floor boards and it's now perfect. Here's the before and after.  It's a difference of night and day.  I can leave my foot on the board, I have better control of the bike and it no longer hurts my ankle.

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 08:16:49 PM »

After

2014 CVO Limited SE Jupiter Blue / Wicked Sapphire. Mods: TTS Tuner, FullSac DX Headers, 4" Rinehart Slip On's, SE Extreme Ventilator A/C, Chrome Laser Heat Shield, HD Lower 2.5" Daymaker Reflector LED Fogs, Custom Dynamics LED front and Rear Turn Signals, Adj Hwy Pegs, Split Vision Mirrors, Boom Shorty Antenna's, SoftBrake Brake & footboard Ext, CD Accent LED's, 10" LA Chopper Twin Peaks Bars, 9" LRS Dark Tint

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:26:20 PM »

PARTS ORDERED:

Part Number:  SB-014 S +1 W

SoftBrakes Extended Brake Lever - Slotted Design - +1 W

This Brake lever is 1" longer then part number SB-014P and the stock brake lever. It also is 3/4" wider offset. This pedal is designed specifically for bikes with Lower Fairings to obtain maximum foot room to rider. Actual gain in foot board room is 2" over stock. This pedal is made for the 2014 Ultra Classic, Electra Glide, Tri-Glides, Street Glides and Limited

NOTE: You must purchase part number SB-FBSK 09

Price: $152.95

FLOOR BOARD EXTENDERS:

Part Number:  SB-FBSK-09-(C)

SoftBrakes' Floor Board Spacer Kit - Chrome - 09

This floor board spacer kit fits Road Kings, Ultra Classic, Electra Glides and Road Glides.  This kit fits from 2009 to Present.  The floor board spacer kit moves your stock running boards out 3/4".

Kit includes hardware to do both sides of the bike.  Included in the kit is the following: 4 stainless steel alan bolts, 2 chrome spacers and 2 chrome spacer bars.

Price: $68.95

SimP

• Sim
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • IA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:12 PM »

Thank you creesehd! I did talk to Rick.
Sim

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:05 PM »

Awesome. Hopefully he could help you out. He's a great guy and fast shipping!

fadefree

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 09:36:48 AM »

look at e-z brake.com

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 12:54:31 PM »

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 02:52:48 PM »

PARTS ORDERED:

Part Number:  SB-014 S +1 W

SoftBrakes Extended Brake Lever - Slotted Design - +1 W

This Brake lever is 1" longer then part number SB-014P and the stock brake lever. It also is 3/4" wider offset. This pedal is designed specifically for bikes with Lower Fairings to obtain maximum foot room to rider. Actual gain in foot board room is 2" over stock. This pedal is made for the 2014 Ultra Classic, Electra Glide, Tri-Glides, Street Glides and Limited

NOTE: You must purchase part number SB-FBSK 09

Price: $152.95

FLOOR BOARD EXTENDERS:

Part Number:  SB-FBSK-09-(C)

SoftBrakes' Floor Board Spacer Kit - Chrome - 09

This floor board spacer kit fits Road Kings, Ultra Classic, Electra Glides and Road Glides.  This kit fits from 2009 to Present.  The floor board spacer kit moves your stock running boards out 3/4".

Kit includes hardware to do both sides of the bike.  Included in the kit is the following: 4 stainless steel alan bolts, 2 chrome spacers and 2 chrome spacer bars.

Price: $68.95

That is interesting to me. The board and pedal placement is not really a problem for me but that does look better. I wonder if my cowboy boot toes would be to long for that pedal placement?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 03:01:07 PM by Dr.D »

CreeseHD

• Junior CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 09:05:29 PM »

That is interesting to me. The board and pedal placement is not really a problem for me but that does look better. I wonder if my cowboy boot toes would be to long for that pedal placement?

I wear long toed cut boots roughly 18" long and they fit just fine...

bubtrauma

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 09:28:15 AM »

Not that I am cheap but by the time I get that to Canada I will have to rummage through the wife's jewellery box and pawn some more but I think she is on to me.

If anyone buys one could they trace it out on paper and put some measurements on it for me so I can modify mine........PLEASE

bub
bend it, chop it, cut it, bang it, weld it and paint it to match........

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 21 queries.