Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Request for heated grip installation instructions for CVO ultra on my SESG  (Read 4686 times)

chipsabiker

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide Blue/Lava
    • CVO2: 2009 Road Glide Orange (sold)

OK, my HD CVO heated grips for my 2015 SESG #5610096 right hand and #56100097 left hand arrived on my door step today. Instructions not included! I read the other thread about the wiring harness on the left fork leg and the other connection inside the fairing somewhere. However that's not enough info for me to start tearing into my brand new bike. Does anyone have a set of instructions or know a quick way to get them?

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
Re: Request for heated grip installation instructions for CVO ultra on my SESG
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 09:46:55 PM »

Sometimes the online store at harley-davidson.com has the instructions as a pdf for download.  Worth a check.
If you want peace, prepare for war.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 10:16:20 PM »

The accessory kit instructions are attached below.  However, these instructions are for installing the grips to a bike that isn't already wired for the heated grips, and what you seem to want to do is utilize the wiring already in the harness on your SESG.  You really need to get the electrical diagrams for your bike, either in the shop manual or the electrical and diagnostic manual, or find someone who has done this kind of install before to help you do it.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2014, 10:59:13 PM »

Ok. I will try to help. It may not be the kind of detailed instructions you are looking for though. BTW Good choice of color!. From what I understand you should be able to take off your current throttle grip and there should be a green connector close inside the end of the bar that you can directly plug in the new heated throttle grip.

The other side is more trouble. You will need to remove your outer fairing. to expose all the wiring harness behind it. You will need to remove your left side grip etc. You will need to fish a stiff wire (fish tape) or something similar from the throttle end until it extends out past the opening window in the bars located down at the bar clamp. BTW. You will likely need to loosen inner fairing and lift it up and tilt it forward slightly so that you can remove the dash panel and gain access to that window in the bars, but maybe not. It will depend on whether you can see the fish tape that you fed through from the front of the fairing. Anyway, once you have the fish tape there you can attach the wiring cable from your new heated left grip to the tape and pull the cable down through and out of the bar window i mentioned earlier. From what I understand there is already a connector ready and waiting with a matching end for the cable you just pulled through. You will need to find it and hook it up. If you find it you should probably be careful and check use a meter or something to make sure it is indeed required 12 volts at the pins etc and that it is only on when ignition is on etc.

Maybe not the detailed instructions you are after. I have personally installed yaffe bars on my old street glide, but I had the dealer install yaffe bars and heated grips on my new one because I did not want to get the blame for any and all problems that may be associated with everything going through those bars.

Hope this helps in some way.
Cheers, and enjoy your new ride!

chipsabiker

• CVO1: 2015 Street Glide Blue/Lava
    • CVO2: 2009 Road Glide Orange (sold)
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 09:11:35 PM »

Thank you everyone. This good info will get me started.  I did try to look for instructions on Harley's website. Tried a couple different ways i.e. putting in the grips part numbers. Had no luck at all. I gave up and wonder if its possible to get instructions for any item off the website. 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 09:25:06 PM »

Thank you everyone. This good info will get me started.  I did try to look for instructions on Harley's website. Tried a couple different ways i.e. putting in the grips part numbers. Had no luck at all. I gave up and wonder if its possible to get instructions for any item off the website.

If you go to the Harley Accessory website

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_main.jsp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US

and click on the product you want instructions for, on the resulting page there should be tabs for description, features, fitment, more info, reviews, and Q&A.  Click on the more info tab, and if there is an instruction sheet it will be listed there as a pdf file.  Click on the file, save it to your computer.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 21 queries.