Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange occurrence/Clutch  (Read 1837 times)

SOCAL296

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited Silver and Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Limited Magnetic Gry M8 117
Strange occurrence/Clutch
« on: December 09, 2014, 08:44:42 PM »

Just thought I would pass this on. Not the Clutch Re-Call issue but a little scarey.
Bike is a 2015 CVO Limited only 1500 miles on it.
Riding home today My clutch lever suddenly would not pull in and disengage properly. It would stick like something was stopping the lever or piston. Then would clear and pull. With stop and go traffic it made for an interesting ride home but was able to get it to the dealer and of course once there it seemed to work fine. The clutch would disengage but the pull was hard and rough.
Tech took a look and finally got it to duplicate. He pulled the Master Cylinder and piston and found pieces of rubber inside the master cylinder. The O-rings on the piston were intact so now he is concerned as to where these chunks of rubber came from. My bike was not part of the recall campaign and no one has been in there other than at factory assembly. Due to all the recalls on the clutch my Tech will be calling HD. Tech says he will be replacing complete system and lines. So she has to stay at the shop a few days. They put me on a Rental until repaired as I have ESP.
Just a heads up in case someone else has this same experience. chit happens
DR

Trans am

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: Burgundy blaze and typhoon maroon. Limited Scoot is its name.
Re: Strange occurrence/Clutch
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 11:21:22 AM »

same issues as the recall..   wonder if some Left over parts made their way into the 15 yr models...

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »

same issues as the recall..   wonder if some Left over parts made their way into the 15 yr models...

Or, perhaps the previous "fix" didn't actually "fix" the issue (he says with disbelief this could even be remotely possible)(and with sarcasm)? 

2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SOCAL296

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited Silver and Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Limited Magnetic Gry M8 117
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 05:33:08 PM »

My bike was not part of the recall campaign and all O-rings were fine. My tech thinks this may have been a leftover plug from the chroming process that got left in the bowl and missed at the factory during assembly. Moco wanted him to just blow out the line and he refused. He was concerned pieces could still remain trapped. Caused a delay getting my bike back but not complaining. Ive had a few issues with the bike since delivery but other than this it has been cosmetic. Got it home today and noticed I am missing a grommet that holds the chrome waterpump cover in place
DR

Page created in 0.13 seconds with 21 queries.