Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Quick Detailing  (Read 21318 times)

04se103

Quick Detailing
« on: March 25, 2008, 08:49:51 AM »

Has anyone used Purple Slice product? Heard about it yesterday the guy said it worked great.
Purple Slice.com

jmhenrie

• Full CVO Member
  • expensive oil change

• CVO1: 2007 screaming eagle electra glide Gone
    • CVO2: 2010 screeming Eagle electra glide cvo limited black
    • CVO3: 2012 cvo electra glide Electic Orange/black
Re: Quick Detailing
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:26:53 AM »

Hi
Bought a bottle at the Seattle bike show in December and have put several coats on the bike since, Bugs do clean off quickly so it does do something, took the bike in to the Dealer to get a few parts repaired and they washed my bike with soap and water and I was amazed at the shine that the bike now has. so I think its a good quick cleaner but not great for shine.  At the Slack Alice Bike show last week the dealer was there trying to sell it using a grey roadking and I was shocked at how bad the bike looked.
Cheers
Mike

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:02:33 AM »

I use Mcquires Detailer and it seems to work great.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »

Honda spray detailer...the nuts.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:34:17 PM »

Britemax #6S Wet Look detail spray, the best hands down!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 10:46:11 PM »

Honda spray detailer...the nuts.

Oh boy, prolly the only one. But don't agree. I am not into cleaning and want stuff that's easy to use. My bike was a mess, and I washed it today at Ken's. Then I used that Honda chit for the first time. Man, that stuff just don't come off. You gotta rub and rub, and it still leaves a film. Not easy to work with. Need stuff that comes right off after application. What works well easily, without all that elbow grease and time, for a quick & easy cleaner/polish? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 11:31:07 PM »

Howie

Try Mothers Showtime Detailer. Comes off easy. Looks good.

JW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 11:32:39 PM »

Howie

Try Mothers Showtime Detailer. Comes off easy. Looks good.

JW

Thanks Jeff. I'll give it a try. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 07:41:31 AM »

It does take effort Howie....thats why I ain't  ever gonna win the shiny bike award....but is does make chit shiny and effort needed reminds why I pay a detail guy twice a year need it or not! 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 07:08:21 PM »

It does take effort Howie....thats why I ain't  ever gonna win the shiny bike award....but is does make chit shiny and effort needed reminds why I pay a detail guy twice a year need it or not! 

That's usually when I do it too Mike! ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »

Oh boy, prolly the only one. But don't agree. I am not into cleaning and want stuff that's easy to use. My bike was a mess, and I washed it today at Ken's. Then I used that Honda chit for the first time. Man, that stuff just don't come off. You gotta rub and rub, and it still leaves a film. Not easy to work with. Need stuff that comes right off after application. What works well easily, without all that elbow grease and time, for a quick & easy cleaner/polish? :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

HUH?  I knew I shoulda washed Cybil for you this weekend, Howie.  Then I could see this for myself.  I've never had any problems using Honda spray.  I spray the stuff on a clean microfiber, wipe it on the bike and gently wipe it down until it fades away, then go over it with a clean, dry microfiber.  Takes me about 15 minutes to wipe down my FD.  This is perplexing.   :nixweiss:  It goes on and comes off easy for me.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:32 PM »

HUH?  I knew I shoulda washed Cybil for you this weekend, Howie.  Then I could see this for myself.  I've never had any problems using Honda spray.  I spray the stuff on a clean microfiber, wipe it on the bike and gently wipe it down until it fades away, then go over it with a clean, dry microfiber.  Takes me about 15 minutes to wipe down my FD.  This is perplexing.   :nixweiss:  It goes on and comes off easy for me.

Henry, I felt terrible saying this since you gave me a can of the stuff. But I didn't do it the way you said. Maybe I screwed up. Worth another shot when I get home. :o ???

HeHe! Microfiber? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I used a towel like I always do. Spray it on the towel? Nope. Sprayed it on the bike and tried to wipe it off! Two steps. Nope, only tried it in one! My bad! I'll try harder next time Henry! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »

Henry, I felt terrible saying this since you gave me a can of the stuff. But I didn't do it the way you said. Maybe I screwed up. Worth another shot when I get home. :o ???

HeHe! Microfiber? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

I used a towel like I always do. Spray it on the towel? Nope. Sprayed it on the bike and tried to wipe it off! Two steps. Nope, only tried it in one! My bad! I'll try harder next time Henry! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)
Damn Henry you've got your work cut out for you. Not only do you have to teach Howie to talk "southern" you have to teach him how to detail his scooter too. You are a good man w/a lot of patience. :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 08:06:02 PM »

Next time give Turtle Wax Ice a try.

It works great

REGGAB

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »

Damn Henry you've got your work cut out for you. Not only do you have to teach Howie to talk "southern" you have to teach him how to detail his scooter too. You are a good man w/a lot of patience. :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:ROFLOL:  At some point..........I have failed!  *hanging my head in shame*   :(  Had I washed and detailed Cybil, I'd have missed the ribs.........and likely still been there............removing bugs and stuff from our Catskills venture, but................Cybil is one fast, reliable, badazz ride!!!!!!   :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 24 queries.