Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hard Water!  (Read 2925 times)

SG Racer

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG2, Black Diamond/ Inferno Orange
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG, Cherry
Re: Hard Water!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »

I have the same problem. I wash it then pull it in my shop and blow it off then start wiping with a chamois. It is a PITA.
 I feel your pain.
D&D Fat Cat W/Ghost pipe
Custom leather seat
12" Yaffe Monkey Bagger Bars
SEPST
93Hp, 116Tq

mandm1

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »

... look for a filtration system that creates deionized water.  You can buy the filters and rig up a system for your rinse water that will be just like what they use in car washes for the "Spot Free Rinse".  It won't be terribly inexpensive, however.

Jerry

That will not work with hard water, as a matter of fact it will be worse.

Sixgun95, I respectfully disagree with you. I have a de-ionizing system that works very using the hard water in my town. Check out a company like CRSpotless.com (I have no affiliation whatsoever with this company, other than owning their product.)

As a test, I washed and rinsed a metallic black 300C SRT8 in direct sunlight using this system. After letting it air dry, there were no hard water spots at all. And yes, I was nervous the first time while waiting ...

The initial cost of the system and the consumable resin refills are not cheap, but works VERY well!

Mike

TIF2

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2006 FLSTFSE2 - SOLD
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 10:23:06 AM »

^^

+1 here on the cr spotless system here.
Well worth the money in my opinion.

Completely spot-free just rinse and walk away if you like. I still blow-dry my stuff but there is no need to.
TIF2
I've never learned a single thing while I was talking - Will Rogers

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 10:41:12 AM »

I bought a 3 Gallon Weed Spayer from hardware store, went to Walmart and bought 4 Gallons of Distilled Water.
Wash my Wicked Saphire and Stardust Silver then rinse with the Distilled Water and it's all good. :orange: :huepfenjump3:

^^^
This is the hot ticket!  I've got well water and have been doing this for years. Just get a cheap $10 pressure sprayer from the hardware store, and the cheapest distilled water you can find at the supermarket.

After washing and rinsing well with the hose, I'll dump a gallon of distilled water in the sprayer and displace all of the hard water. Then take the bike for a quick ride around the block and then state the drying process with a chammy and microfiber, etc. Zero water spots.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.