Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 08 FLHRSE4 - It Arrived!! Pics attached...  (Read 10105 times)

Quint

• You all know how I earn a livin'
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 Road King - Crystal Copper/Black Onyx
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCUI Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO3: 2004 FLHRI Road King
Re: 08 FLHRSE4 - It Arrived!! Pics attached...
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 03:16:39 AM »

Quint....

Have you noticed The welding on the actually frame was very "rough", not the quality and smooth finish I was expecting to see on a new bike.........

Also the Gold Leaf paint looked "imperfect" not "Finished" or not "consistent" through out the gas tank

Any comments ???

Copper/Black

My next door neighbor is a commercial pilot with a fully accredited qualification in aircraft service/maintenance. "What's this got to do with me?" you ask. Well, I'm glad you did! He has just completed an advanced welding accreditation (he's building his own airplane) and I asked him what he thought of the welds. He commented that they were very well done.

On another note, the gold stripe is intentionally rough (some might call it "textured") and I love it. It looks to me like gold leaf beaten onto the tank, with multiple layers of clear coat over the top. I think it looks stunning.

So all in all, I think you'd see that I'm a big fan. I have had a lot of people comment about the depth and richness of the paint and detailing on the bike. I'm sure you will enjoy its unique qualities when you get it "home".  :2vrolijk_21:
You all know me. You know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch this bird for yer but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Swallow you whole.

Copper/Black Cvo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
Re: 08 FLHRSE4 - It Arrived!! Pics attached...
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 07:16:35 AM »

Thanks Quint for your comments on the welding & gold leaf paint.........
2008 Screaming Eagle Road King
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 24 queries.