Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Harley Davidson Extended Service Plan/Dealer Installation problem  (Read 2107 times)

Celtic Gypsy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

Re: Harley Davidson Extended Service Plan/Dealer Installation problem
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2019, 04:27:21 PM »

This is a new this year Stage 5 kit. it is interesting that it has all the parts the  "for race use only" kit that was installed in my bike which voided the extended service  plan. Other than the Screaming eagle Bolt on cylinder heads which my CVO comes with, I believe all the other parts are the same as on or being installed on my bike now which "they" (the ESP and HD Customer Service) say voids my ESP. I dont get it.
I have the Screamin' Eagle Race tuner which came with the kit not the (Screamin’ Eagle Street Tuner Kit (priced separately)*. I understand that the race tuner can be used to dial in the bike for street use.

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE® BOLT-ON 110CI STAGE V
TIRE SHREDDER KIT  92500038
This comprehensive kit provides a complete package of matched components that allow you to build a high perfor- mance 110CI Twin Cam without voiding the factory warranty. The unique Screamin’ Eagle® 4.0" big bore cylinders are engi- neered to slip into the engine cases without case machining or modification, so the engine stays in the chassis during the build.
Kit includes the following Screamin’ Eagle components:
• Screamin’ Eagle 4.0" Bolt-On Cylinders
• Forged 10.2:1 High Compression Pistons and Rings • Screamin’ Eagle 58mm Throttle Body
• High Flow Fuel Injectors
• Screamin’ Eagle CNC-Ported Cylinder Heads
• SE-259 Cams
• Perfect-Fit Pushrods
• Screamin’ Eagle High-Capacity Roller Tappets
• Top End and Cam Cover Gaskets
• Heavy Duty Clutch Spring
All EFI-equipped models require dealer-installed ECM calibra- tion download or use of the tunable Screamin’ Eagle Street Tuner Kit (priced separately)*.
Fits 50-state ’14-later Touring models, Does not fit Twin- CooledTM models. Does not fit Trike models, CVOTM 110 models or models with engine cases that have been machined to accept large-bore cylinders. Requires separate purchase of accessory 58mm air cleaner and Cam Drive Retention Kit P/N 25566-06. Cam Spacer Kit P/N 25928-06 is recommended.
*Recalibration is required for proper installation, See Dealer for details. Labor cost not included.

SCREAMIN’ EAGLE BOLT-ON 110CI STAGE V TIRE SHREDDER KIT

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2019, 08:31:55 PM »

a major part of your problem is the race tuner.  while it can be used to dial in the bike for street use, it can also be used to take your bike out of epa compliance.  and that is the big issue hd/epa has.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

Celtic Gypsy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2019, 09:17:00 PM »

Ok. so if i purchase a screamin eagle street legal one with limitations then its ok. or since i own a race one I can't ever qualify since I own one and must turn it in to qualify??? bogus

Celtic Gypsy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MA

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2019, 10:15:30 AM »

Sorry my response I sounded uppity. but Harley and ESP just make up the rules as they go. It would be nice if they could work with loyal customers through the dealerships to make things right vs. "Just say No."

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2019, 11:27:01 AM »

There you go.... now you understand the frustration of the masses and why we listen to the occasional rant.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.