Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cam selection  (Read 2181 times)

GEEZER-X

cam selection
« on: July 07, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

hey all.. would appreicate any suggestions on torque cams. I have a 04 Seeg 103. head work done by Head quarters, 10:5 compression running HQ 0039g cams,, 600 lift. I have a power commander, thunderheader, which I'm switching to a fat cat, pronto, and hi flow air filter. The HQ cams come on around 3000 rpm, the bike runs great, but I would like to maybe bring the torque band down for more fun riding around town.. Bobby Woods people suggensted their cw6 g cams, Head Quarters suggested their Tc 575 cams.. As I try to read all their spec's I just get kind of lost with all the duration, lift, figures.. Does any one have some proven ideas on cams I could try.. The bike now puts out about 107hp and around 115 tq. but as stated comes on around 3000. One other question, if I have gear drive now, will that gear drive work on most cams, or will I have to get new gear drives for what ever make cams I get. Thanks, for any information.. Oh and if you need anymore information,, I'll be glad to give you what I know.
04 SE FLHT Revolution Performance 107 kit  thunder header, HQ 0033g cams, HQ heads, 10.6comp, PC3, 115hp-130torque..

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
Re: cam selection
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »

TMan makes a really nice 590 cam.  You might want to contact HD-Dude (Jim) as he has a lot of experience building our 103's.  As for the gears, they are interchangeable with your new cams.  You don't have to buy another gear set.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 01:57:34 PM »

Geezer, 

I'm no expert on this but I had an 04, Road Glide with a 103" Crate motor from HD (no kit/rebuild).  It had HD 257 Screamin' Eagle cams with SE heads, pistons & rockers.  Bullet proof performance.  Very, very fast bike.  Sold it with 20K miles to get the SERG and after mods, the SERG is still not as fast.  So, I'd have to say the 257's were a good choice.  Good luck!
GK

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

GEEZER-X

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 09:20:41 PM »

thanks guys for any replies, I appreciate all the suggestions.. Any others that have ideas, please let me know..
04 SE FLHT Revolution Performance 107 kit  thunder header, HQ 0033g cams, HQ heads, 10.6comp, PC3, 115hp-130torque..

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 22 queries.