Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Footboards for SERG  (Read 1809 times)

2BWILD

• Junior CVO Member
Footboards for SERG
« on: July 28, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »

I want to replace my passanger pegs with footboards.

What is everyone doing foe footboard covers and inserts?

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Footboards for SERG
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:23:17 PM »

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Scuba Steve

• CVO1: 2009 SERG Silver/Titanium
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »

2bwild

Look closely at the second thread Greg attached. It lists everything you will need. None of the so called "kits" include the hinge pins, balls or springs. I did not read far enough and had to make an extra trip to the dealer after I slowed down and read all the info.
Just a tip to save ya some time, in case your as impatient as me.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 09:47:54 AM »

I want to replace my passanger pegs with footboards.

What is everyone doing foe footboard covers and inserts?

Depending on how you want to do this, the kits they have shown you are good and work great.... But if you want more adjustability, you need to have the adjustable mounting arms that come standard on the SEUC this year. 

These will allow you to use the three locations on the main frame for overall height, but the adjustable kit lets you angle the rear footboards on an angle upwards to match the front angle of the front running boards.  This is something my wife found more comfortable than just the horizontal flat setting.

With these you can also lower or raise the foot boards to new heights over and above/below the three frame mounting points.  They are VERY adjustable and finding that just right location for the BSR is a lot easier with the adjustable kit.

Hang onto your wallet though, the complete kit will set you back at full list price at over $700.00.  There are places on the board that will sell parts at 20% off every day and you only pay shipping and not state sales tax, unless of course you're located in their state.

This was what I did on my '08 SERK.  I've now taken these off for the trade in for the SERG.  I just installed the Rumble inserts last night so everything now matches.

I figured that as long as I was doing this that I would give myself the most flexibility on board positioning.

Both work great, but the more adjustable one may be a better choice.  If you've ridden with the standard mounts before and your BSR has no issues, go with the stock chrome ones shown above in several posts.

Good luck and safe riding.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »

Good lord I have almost ripped my legs off with the  rear footpegs on my SERG now because they are so far forward for me--how is the bike with the floorboards installed. They must be almost forward enough for the rider to use when riding solo. :-\
Rob

Rob

RYANCVO

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 O/B SE ROADGLIDE
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:54:33 PM »

i put them on and they are kinda in the way. hits back of my calfs when backing up. still hits a little even when they are folded up. they do look good and the woman loves them. guess im stuck

rganz

• Senior CVO Member
  • Do Unto Others----First

• CVO1: 09 SERG
    • CVO2: Fat Boy
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:25:25 PM »

Ya- thought so but if the better half likes em all is well :bananarock:
Rob
Rob

Page created in 4.211 seconds with 21 queries.