Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Turn Down Muffler Tips On 2009 SERG  (Read 1640 times)

hogrider98

Turn Down Muffler Tips On 2009 SERG
« on: October 22, 2009, 06:57:33 AM »

so far I've installed a non cat header and a pcv from fuel moto.Now I want a different look out back.
I would like turn down mufflers.I have looked at v&h classic turn down 16723 but tech support say they will not fit.
before I try a 500.00 dollor experiment has anybody installed these on there serg or are there others availble?
I definitly want turn downs.

Thank You
Brian
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:39:03 PM by GregKhougaz »

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
Re: turn downs on 2009 serg
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:53:04 AM »

I am not sure about the fit on an 09 but I installed a set of turn downs on my 2000,  they are just slip ons so the fit should be the same.  I bought mine from a dealer in California called City Choppers and they are Lorosa pipes and unlike the V&H they were only $ 200 and change. they are warrantied for two years against bluing and they look and sound great.  I found them on e-bay but if you can't find them there here is the contact info for Diego, the rep that I had dealt with. ( diego@larosadesign.us )  I hope this info helps you.

Marty   :pepper:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
Re: turn downs on 2009 serg
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 01:02:09 PM »

You might try KlockWerks' Puffer mufflers. Online catalog at http://www.kustombaggers.com/products/?id=9....

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
Re: Turn Down Muffler Tips On 2009 SERG
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 01:58:03 PM »

I have V&H turn downs on SEUC SE3 i also lined them out with Hooker baffles gives a much more soild sound the V&H baffles which are still inside are like tin cans with insulation wrapped around that blows apart in no time, also they blow up some dust on folks behind still like em though.
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

hogrider98

Re: Turn Down Muffler Tips On 2009 SERG
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2009, 09:36:04 AM »

thanks for the replies and suggestions.
I really have my mind set on the v&h so I guess I will have to take a tape measure to my dealer and do some checking

Brian

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.