Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 94

Author Topic: SHOW US  YOUR  ROAD GLIDE  (Read 280103 times)

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
Re: SHOW US  YOUR  ROAD GLIDE
« Reply #255 on: January 03, 2008, 05:08:35 PM »

Spidy, I was able to score all the original stuff when I got the bike. A couple of weeks ago I had to ask Terry where I put my lowers and now that you bring it up the pouch for the cover is missing also.  It took a couple of hours but we found the lowers and I installed them for the winter, but the pouch is still missing as with the passenger back rest. I'm sure they are together somewhere in the garage or...  From the Enthusiast Magazine article from twolane it looks like only the three tone red bike had the matching three tone seat, matching lower compartment covers, and painted inner fairing, so I guess I've learned my lesson and have got to keep all the take off stuff together when I find it again. Now that I think about it those beautiful rear passenger pegs are m.i.a. also. :'(  Thanks for your reply I've got the rest of the day to look.. Doc

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
Re: SHOW US YOUR ROAD GLIDE
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2008, 01:17:23 AM »

I picked up this SERG a few weeks ago. It came complete with the cover, bag for the cover, lowers, manuals, and shark fin caps. It was just about MINT, the paint was flawless except for one minor issue. By the way, this was the one that the guy from Florida offered on the site and for some reason got his thread deleted. More banning I guess.  Wayne was a good guy and he sold it to me for 12,500 just like he had advertised on the site.

I like the RG a lot, only thing I didn't like was the shorty windshield, I guess I was spoiled by the Clearview on the SEEG, so I ordered a Klockwerks flare as I want it sooner than later.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2008, 08:05:06 AM »

I picked up this SERG a few weeks ago. It came complete with the cover, bag for the cover, lowers, manuals, and shark fin caps. It was just about MINT, the paint was flawless except for one minor issue. By the way, this was the one that the guy from Florida offered on the site and for some reason got his thread deleted. More banning I guess.  Wayne was a good guy and he sold it to me for 12,500 just like he had advertised on the site.

I like the RG a lot, only thing I didn't like was the shorty windshield, I guess I was spoiled by the Clearview on the SEEG, so I ordered a Klockwerks flare as I want it sooner than later.

Icybay

Congrats on the new bike!
Looking good!
Not sure if this is your first R/G but as with mine, I'm hooked!
Get you a new left bag ordered and ride that puppy.
Will we see you in Maggie Valley?

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2008, 10:44:27 AM »

Chip, at this time I am planning on making the  Maggie Valley GTG!  The left bag had a hole about the size of a pencil, nothing a little bullet decal wouldn't cover up, or a 100.00 repair at the paint shop, so it is staying unless a cheap one shows up. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Daytona or MV.

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »

Congrats !! The best CVO made and a timeless classic found a good home. It took me a while to start adding miles to mine since the previous owner had it in collection. Doc
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 03:59:36 PM by grandpadoc »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2008, 12:20:14 PM »

Chip, at this time I am planning on making the  Maggie Valley GTG!  The left bag had a hole about the size of a pencil, nothing a little bullet decal wouldn't cover up, or a 100.00 repair at the paint shop, so it is staying unless a cheap one shows up. Looking forward to seeing you guys in Daytona or MV.

IB

Will have Nancy add you to the list for Maggie Valley!
Good looking bike you have there!
All it needs is good weather and a butt in the seat.
See you soon!

SBB

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2008, 10:05:11 AM »

Spidy, I was able to score all the original stuff when I got the bike. A couple of weeks ago I had to ask Terry where I put my lowers and now that you bring it up the pouch for the cover is missing also.  It took a couple of hours but we found the lowers and I installed them for the winter, but the pouch is still missing as with the passenger back rest. I'm sure they are together somewhere in the garage or...  From the Enthusiast Magazine article from twolane it looks like only the three tone red bike had the matching three tone seat, matching lower compartment covers, and painted inner fairing, so I guess I've learned my lesson and have got to keep all the take off stuff together when I find it again. Now that I think about it those beautiful rear passenger pegs are m.i.a. also. :'(  Thanks for your reply I've got the rest of the day to look.. Doc

That reminds me, I was looking for the cover bag a couple of weeks ago and couldn't find it in the garage, I know it's out there, I just gotta find it!   :nixweiss:

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

Hobo

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »

[/quote]

Icebay, I've got an Extra tall clearview for my SERG that I don't use and would sell, let me know if you are interested.

Hobo
2001 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide (FLTRSEI2)

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #263 on: January 22, 2008, 02:31:47 PM »

Hobo- PM sent.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2008, 06:42:20 PM »

Someone can correct me here, but the way I watched that thread go down was a site member offered up $12,500 solid and your boy Wayne raised the bar. Don't know if he didn't want to sell and was having trouble getting there or what, but the thread was going down in a very bullchit fashion. I may have contributed to that because I was screwin around trying to see if the seller would come below $12,500 and if that was part of the issue then I offer my apologies, but when a solid offer at the asking price was made, the deal should have gone down. Lucky for you it didn't as you got a very sweet ride.

Congrats

B B

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #265 on: February 20, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »

Thought I would add this one to the "SHOW US YOUR ROAD GLIDE" section.
The painted inner fairing turned out real nice!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #266 on: February 20, 2008, 08:15:44 PM »

I can't quite make out the max speed recorded on that Zumo......as Hubbard would say:  "please advise".   har!  ;D spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2008, 08:47:59 PM »

Had been looking forward to seeing this.  Looks very nice.   Big improvement over the original. :2vrolijk_21:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #268 on: February 20, 2008, 09:08:48 PM »

I can't quite make out the max speed recorded on that Zumo......as Hubbard would say:  "please advise".   har!  ;D spyder

The Zumo was on the tunes screen.
Was a fairly calm weekend.
Don't think I ran much over 110 to 115.
It's hell trying to keep up with those hot rod 110's! ;)

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #269 on: February 21, 2008, 10:45:12 AM »

That inner fairing turned out so good, that you really don't even think about it being done after the fact.  Looks like it should have when it came from the factory!  I'm kind of partial to the view of that SERK through the windscreen though!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 94

Page created in 0.376 seconds with 21 queries.