Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Stock Audio Question: BOOM I or II? Twin-Cool Lower Fairing Speakers  (Read 8853 times)

mturner2003

• OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2012 FLSTSE3

Hello everyone. Just wanting to clarify something. Do stock 2016 CVO Street Glides come with Boom I or Boom II audio system? And how can you tell the difference between them? I appreciate your input.

Wanting to add the lower fairing speakers. So it got me thinking.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 07:39:51 AM by mturner2003 »

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
Re: Stock Audio: Boom I/II ???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:43:55 AM »

Hello everyone. Just wanting to clarify something. Do stock 2016 CVO Street Glides come with Boom I or Boom II audio system? And how can you tell the difference between them? I appreciate your input.

Wanting to add the lower fairing speakers. So it got me thinking.

Boom II   Says so right on the RT Fairing Speaker.

To add the lower fairing speakers you will need to add the Amp to the RT Saddlebag and all the brackets and harness.

I recently added them to mine.   See this link     https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=109276.msg1399307#msg1399307

mturner2003

• OH

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:19:28 AM »

Thank you for the clarification and the link. Much appreciated!

mturner2003

• OH

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 07:27:38 AM »

I also just realized you're the guy who left the review on the Harley website about the lower speaker kit, lol.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 07:53:24 AM »

Yes -    I think that myself and Pooj10 were some of the first to install the upgrade when Harley announced them.  The process is a little different for a 2015 vs a 2016 because of the different connectors used for the Saddlebags.    Pooj10's is a 2015 and mine is a 2016 so there are pics for both.   It was nice to have another person tackling the same project because the instructions from Harley were incomplete at the time and the parts lists did not list everything that was needed.     The upgrade is admittedly expensive and the result is not "Overly Dramatic" but IMHO it is worth the money especially if you save a few bucks and do the work yourself.     
Plus the speakers draw a lot of attention and conversation when folks see them.   :)

mturner2003

• OH

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 01:17:11 PM »

The upgrade is admittedly expensive and the result is not "Overly Dramatic" but IMHO it is worth the money especially if you save a few bucks and do the work yourself.     
Plus the speakers draw a lot of attention and conversation when folks see them.   :)

That is a big 10-4. I personally enjoy wrenching on things in the shop and saving a buck in the process is nice too. And all the better when it is a new toy!

May I ask what Harley charged you to flash the system?

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 02:19:32 PM »

The dealer that flashed mine charged me nothing!  It was the dealer that I bought all of the parts from.   They actually seemed excited to do the flash because they had not seen any others that had this set up.  I told the service adviser that I was willing to pay for the techs time but he said that all of their techs were paid an 'hourly wage' and not by 'hours turned' so he said not to worry about the tech.  If you decide to do it then I would suggest trying to work the deal for the flash when you buy the parts.    Good Luck and post some pics of your bike!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 09:29:07 PM »

Yes -    I think that myself and Pooj10 were some of the first to install the upgrade when Harley announced them.  The process is a little different for a 2015 vs a 2016 because of the different connectors used for the Saddlebags.    Pooj10's is a 2015 and mine is a 2016 so there are pics for both.   It was nice to have another person tackling the same project because the instructions from Harley were incomplete at the time and the parts lists did not list everything that was needed.     The upgrade is admittedly expensive and the result is not "Overly Dramatic" but IMHO it is worth the money especially if you save a few bucks and do the work yourself.     

My dealer is doing a 'workshop' on the Boom systems next month. Anyone attending will get 20% off Boom stuff for the next 30 days. They just did a '15 SERGU like mine and it came out great. I'm thinking I may actually take them up on that offer. I asked them if I had to have them install it for that discount and they told me no. I don't mind doing stuff like that.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 05:51:37 AM »

My dealer is doing a 'workshop' on the Boom systems next month. Anyone attending will get 20% off Boom stuff for the next 30 days. They just did a '15 SERGU like mine and it came out great. I'm thinking I may actually take them up on that offer. I asked them if I had to have them install it for that discount and they told me no. I don't mind doing stuff like that.

20% is awesome!   Time to grab up what you need!

mturner2003

• OH

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 02:15:33 PM »

Well hot damn. That is a deal. Could you gentlemen please share with me which dealerships you deal with? Much appreciated.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 07:10:17 PM »

Well hot damn. That is a deal. Could you gentlemen please share with me which dealerships you deal with? Much appreciated.
I deal with Freedom in N. Canton. This discount they're tossing out is only for people attending the "workshop" about the infotainment system. Free to get in. They usually bring in a few pizzas too. :2vrolijk_21:

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »

I picked up the parts for my upgrade at Fink's Harley Davidson in Zanesville OH.   They had the Factory there one day for Demo Rides on the New Models and if you singed up for a test ride you received a coupon for 20% off on parts.   I signed up for a ride on a new M8 and then bought the audio parts...

mturner2003

• OH

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 10:35:21 AM »

I deal with Freedom in N. Canton. This discount they're tossing out is only for people attending the "workshop" about the infotainment system. Free to get in. They usually bring in a few pizzas too. :2vrolijk_21:

Awesome. I signed up. Gives me an extra excuse to visit and hang out with my best friend who lives just outside of Akron. I told him to sign up too.

I just hope the 20% is applied towards all the parts needed to complete the kit and not just the BOOM speakers and amp.

I've done some serious internet searching and have found Surdyke and Intermountain Harley to have big discounts off the list prices. However, the 20% promotion gained by attending the workshop is still a better deal.

I appreciate all the input guys!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 12:34:37 PM »

Awesome. I signed up. Gives me an extra excuse to visit and hang out with my best friend who lives just outside of Akron. I told him to sign up too.

I just hope the 20% is applied towards all the parts needed to complete the kit and not just the BOOM speakers and amp.

I've done some serious internet searching and have found Surdyke and Intermountain Harley to have big discounts off the list prices. However, the 20% promotion gained by attending the workshop is still a better deal.

I appreciate all the input guys!
Good deal. I guess I'll meet you guys on Sat then.

Glenncarp

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 05:16:18 PM »

I just learned that there was a stage I and II, Was under the assumption that the CVO's came with the best available. I know, stupid me. Friend bought '16 CVO Street Glide, I bought '16 CVO Road Glide. I have stage I, he has stage II. His sounds a lot beter than mine volume wise. I am not going to spend $2K just to have music louder.

My question is...was stage II an option on the Road Glides or was stage II just model dependant?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 24 queries.