Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there such a possability ?  (Read 952 times)

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Is there such a possability ?
« on: December 09, 2020, 05:58:20 PM »

2020 CVO LTD...is there such a possibility of upgrading the stock stage 1 speakers for much improved sound quality with out breaking the bank ? i feel the stock boom system is mediocre at best for sound quality 
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Is there such a possability ?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 09:07:54 PM »

Check the ohm rating on your speakers. If they are 2ohm you might see an improvement with jm or other speaker manufacturers. Most upgraded systems have 4ohm speakers in them.    Off the record, Harley speakers really suck.  Almost any other speaker with the proper ohm rating will be a nice improvement.   Stuart.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 02:21:27 PM »

Assuming HD hasn't changed anything on their speakers on the 2020 which I doubt (but don't know for sure) you have a 2 ohm and they might be 3-way (not the girl one).  So limited options for 2ohm, 4ohm is most prevalent in after market as others have said.  This subject has been discussed in other threads.  You can go with 4ohm but you may have to turn up the volume 1 or 2 notches to compensate for the resistance (ohm) difference in the speakers but other things will come in to play like fitment and do you want the stock grill look over after market, also if the stock speakers are wired for 3-way (and you by 2-way) that will potentially limit what speakers that will fit and maybe having to fab or find a proper plug for the new speaker (cause I personally don't like cutting the stock harness if at all possible).  A good stereo guy could handle this but most would probably talk you into a whole new system, good luck and please follow up on your choice.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

scotman623

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 03:13:26 PM »

Following!! I’m in the same situation... I have my bike situated in motor, transmission and chain drive, Now onto the sound system... I already have over 60G in this thing ... Everything cost so much money 😭😭😭.. I have a 19 CVO RG mako 🦈.

Glenncarp

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2020, 02:32:04 PM »

2020 CVO LTD...is there such a possibility of upgrading the stock stage 1 speakers for much improved sound quality with out breaking the bank ? i feel the stock boom system is mediocre at best for sound quality

Ah, this subject is like your mortgage, it come up once  a month. Lol.

Did lots of research before I chose J&M amp and speakers. Sound better? definitely, markedly better? Eh, not markedly, but better. Best part is I spent close to $1,000 on '16 CVO for stage II (RG came with stage I) and speakers blew (2X) in less than a year. HD install, all HD stage II equipment. Have had J&M for a year plus and no issues.

I would not recommend using the HD 2 ohm amp with 4 ohm speakers, sound is very less in this set up. No offense to mother HD, but they know little to nothing about audio components or technology, the entire car/bike audio world uses 4 OHM speakers. They stay with 2 OMH. SMH.

If you want to stay under $600, go with J&M speakers and amp. Both are plug and play on HD bikes. I no longer have a bike with tour pack, so I am saying this for 2 front speakers and amp, but rear speakers will add about $300.

Said this before, will say it again: ANY stereo at 80 MPH is going to sound...Eh. So you can spend $4,000 for a stereo to sound Eh at 80 MPH or $700 for a stereo to sound Eh at 80 MPH. If you are looking to sit on Main St or at bike night and play DJ, then there is the difference between the $4,000 and $700 stereo upgrade IMO.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.