Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heated grips NOT working ???  (Read 4490 times)

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
Heated grips NOT working ???
« on: November 04, 2007, 09:06:33 PM »

I just discovered that my heated grips are no longer working and it really pisses me off (Just another problem to add to the list with this bike). Anyways, I checked the fuse and it is fine. Is there anything else I can check before taking the bike to the dealer. I want to put the bike away for the winter but don't want to wait till next season to get them fixed. I was hoping there was something I could do to avoid visiting the dealer. Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Heated grips NOT working ???
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 09:08:24 PM »

The new 08's aren't any better.  Been waiting about 4 weeks so far for replacements. :(
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

copout221

• Still Shopping !
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5
    • Taillight Solutions
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 09:32:10 PM »

Great...And I thought it would be an easy / quick fix for HD. Go figure, something so small turns out to be a major project. It really doesn't surprise me !!!

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 10:12:37 PM »

Great...And I thought it would be an easy / quick fix for HD. Go figure, something so small turns out to be a major project. It really doesn't surprise me !!!

This has been a problem for the 06 SEUC as well.  Mine work sometimes, work halfass sometimes, and sometimes they don't work at all.....sorta like there is an intermittant open in the system somewhere.........most likely the control doohickey on the left handgrip.  Right now, mine are working......at least they were last week anyway.  If and when they do give up the ghost for good, I'm not messin' with MOCO at all, since I've read plenty of reports here detailing multiple replacements with eventual repeat failures.  I'm gonna install the Heat Demons Terry (TCnBham) wrote about here http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=15668.0 .  I saw them installed on his bike last weekend.  He installed the Heat Demons and replaced his stock Stealth heated grips with a set of non-heated Stealth grips, thereby preserving the Stealth accessory package, which comes stock on 06 SEUC bikes.  They work AWESOME, and the switch is much more convenient, and includes an LED indicator to give you a visual indication of the level on which they are set.  Just seems like a better alternative than turning to the MOCO to replace their budget handgrips with another set of budget handgrips under warranty/extended service plan..........which I'd probably have to fight for anyway.  Not worth the hassle for something that is going to fail again anyway.  Besides, it'll give something to do in the garage this winter while I work on emptying the beer cooler.  Check it out.  You can end the heated handgrip hassle once and forall.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 12:35:23 AM »

Henry, the last couple weeks I've had the opportunity to use the Heat Demons several times also.  It may make old and a pansy to admit it.  But the heated grips are nice.  And the switch system on these is very convenient. 

None of us who got them as part of that group can speak to the product's longevity yet.  But they're easier to install than the Harley branded product, their heating function works very well and they can't be any less reliable than the HD products have been for so many.

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 04:19:15 AM »

I just discovered that my heated grips are no longer working and it really pisses me off (Just another problem to add to the list with this bike). Anyways, I checked the fuse and it is fine. Is there anything else I can check before taking the bike to the dealer. I want to put the bike away for the winter but don't want to wait till next season to get them fixed. I was hoping there was something I could do to avoid visiting the dealer. Thanks  :2vrolijk_21:

This has been a problem for the 07 SEUC as well get them change

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.