Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Author Topic: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS  (Read 32869 times)

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
Re: 2020 THOUGHTS, IDEAS ,RUMORS
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »

Everybody will want a 2020 Hindsight
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »

For 2020, after its 4th production year, HD will still be trying to get the M8 right...while Indian introduces a water-cooled 120 hp fixed fairing bagger with adjustable wind screen, electronic bag locks, radial Brembo disc brakes, variable ride modes, traction control, varible valve timing, electronic adjustable suspension, inverted front forks, and cornering ABS. 

HD will be bragging about adding a vent tube.

All the features you listed on the 2020 Indian are included on the 2019 BMW K1600 B except for no inverted shocks, variable valve timming, along with many more features like clutchless shifting and 160hp, not 120hp. All for about 40 percent less than a CVO.

Fortunately for Harley, CVO buyers are not concerned with competition, value or any other factors other than the name on the bike, how it sounds and looks to them, along with acceptance. ( this is a poke at myself for buying a certain CVO ) being honest with myself.

The fact is, buying a motorcycle is not a logical decision. We do it for emotional reasons, each man or woman has there own. Far be it from me to say anyone is wrong. It's that emotional tie that keeps Harley going, a tie that no other manufacturer enjoys to the same degree.

When we ask what 2020 will bring? It will be whatever Harley thinks is necessary to maintain there advantage. Harleys are in a lane of there own, you either get it and accept what comes with it or you don't.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2019, 06:56:13 PM »

All the features you listed on the 2020 Indian are included on the 2019 BMW K1600 B except for no inverted shocks, variable valve timming, along with many more features like clutchless shifting and 160hp, not 120hp. All for about 40 percent less than a CVO.

Fortunately for Harley, CVO buyers are not concerned with competition, value or any other factors other than the name on the bike, how it sounds and looks to them, along with acceptance. ( this is a poke at myself for buying a certain CVO ) being honest with myself.

The fact is, buying a motorcycle is not a logical decision. We do it for emotional reasons, each man or woman has there own. Far be it from me to say anyone is wrong. It's that emotional tie that keeps Harley going, a tie that no other manufacturer enjoys to the same degree.

When we ask what 2020 will bring? It will be whatever Harley thinks is necessary to maintain there advantage. Harleys are in a lane of there own, you either get it and accept what comes with it or you don't.

WELL SAID..AND THE TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 TFC WILL BE HARD FOR A CVO SPORT BIKE TO BEAT TOO

mark

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2019, 09:42:45 PM »

Actually my post was meant to be hyperbole.  Other than an adjustable wind screen, inverted forks, radial disc brakes, varible ride modes, electric bag locks, and 120 hp, I have no idea what else the Indian bike will have.  My point is IM isn't sitting on its rear end, trying to live in yesteryear, hanging onto an outdated power plant.  I still see nothing in the HD lineup that's going to appeal to the millenial rider.  The IM fixed fairing bike will be their 3rd water-cooled bike.  The new FTR 1200 hit IM dealers this week.  I'm afraid the 2020 HD line up will just be more of the same, sans any real changes.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2019, 10:40:42 PM »

Actually my post was meant to be hyperbole.  Other than an adjustable wind screen, inverted forks, radial disc brakes, varible ride modes, electric bag locks, and 120 hp, I have no idea what else the Indian bike will have.  My point is IM isn't sitting on its rear end, trying to live in yesteryear, hanging onto an outdated power plant.  I still see nothing in the HD lineup that's going to appeal to the millenial rider.  The IM fixed fairing bike will be their 3rd water-cooled bike.  The new FTR 1200 hit IM dealers this week.  I'm afraid the 2020 HD line up will just be more of the same, sans any real changes.
Your absolutely correct! Harley will stay the road they have been on for a long, long, time.

For Harley to truely compete with other brands for new customers would be almost impossible. It would need to be bikes that beat the competition  at a competitive price. I still don't see how they are going to compete with a adventure bike or frankly on electric bikes. Hope I'm wrong!

Eccool

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2019, 01:29:18 PM »

Anybody know the release date for the new bikes?  Thanks!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2019, 02:09:58 PM »

End of August.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2019, 07:32:49 PM »

found the pool boy,,, not a cvo but a blacked out road glide limited .... yup LIMITED      don't tell any body
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2019, 09:15:41 PM »

found the pool boy,,, not a cvo but a blacked out road glide limited .... yup LIMITED      don't tell any body
My sales manager already told me He can order one for me like that. I need to see the colors first to decide. Add a couple of goodies like power locks and an XM module, I should be good to go and still 12k under CVO money. I like my CVO, but that money part is getting old. They just don't seem as elite as they once were.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2019, 10:27:56 PM »

I assume a limited comes with leg fairings.......if so count me in.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2019, 06:33:47 AM »

I assume a limited comes with leg fairings.......if so count me in.
I'm guessing at this. Lowers, Heated grips and painted inner fairing. Not sure what else comes on the cyclops limited but I'm sure it will be comparable.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2019, 06:50:01 AM »

Some of the 2020's will come with bat wing fairings and some will have shark nosed fixed fairings.  Some will have no fairings

They will all have the same frame, bags, engines, brakes, tanks, suspension, and someone will agonize for months on which one is the "right one for them".

Variations of handlebars and seats, pegs and floor boards, handlebars and grips, depending on model....all which will need to be replaced by owner to personalize for individual fit.

They will all run hot and lean which can be fixed with a tuner which will VOID your warranty.

There will be several stereo issues and syncing problems of various types.

There will be several discussions on which oil is best for the 2020 motor.

Not one person under 35-40 years old will care.

At least one model will be targeted at the female market.

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2019, 07:51:31 AM »

Some of the 2020's will come with bat wing fairings and some will have shark nosed fixed fairings.  Some will have no fairings

They will all have the same frame, bags, engines, brakes, tanks, suspension, and someone will agonize for months on which one is the "right one for them".

Variations of handlebars and seats, pegs and floor boards, handlebars and grips, depending on model....all which will need to be replaced by owner to personalize for individual fit.

They will all run hot and lean which can be fixed with a tuner which will VOID your warranty.

There will be several stereo issues and syncing problems of various types.

There will be several discussions on which oil is best for the 2020 motor.

Not one person under 35-40 years old will care.

At least one model will be targeted at the female market.
Nailed it!

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2019, 10:40:42 AM »

Don't forget...2 blacked out versions and 1 chrome version of each, but the MOCO will choose the wrong ones for each combo. LMAO
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 02:26:41 PM by rayson56 »
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2019, 12:25:03 PM »

Seriously; a major touring line update is past due. 2020 would be a great year to make that happen. If they don't do it, sales will suffer.......more!

An automatic transmission option is coming!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 22 queries.