Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Warranty Voided Due to Exhaust and Tuner  (Read 7643 times)

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Warranty Voided Due to Exhaust and Tuner
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 01:51:34 PM »

I called Feuling today, they are in the process of building an oil pump for liquid cooled bikes. Should be out in about 2-3 months. They stated their pump has been effective on fixing the sumping issues on the oiled cooled bikes. Price is about $850 with pump and cam plate, plus about 8 hours of labor. I'll wait and buy a Feuling pump when it comes out.
  is anyone  going to confirm its only the pump that is causing issues. could it be the  mickey mouse breathers by chance.  could it be the cases could need vented and more volume?   remember that the so called dry sump seems to have 8 oz of oil in if after you pull the one they want you to pull to check for sumping. then pull the plug on the lower part of  case and then you have an idea of perhaps why bikes are sumping.  you may only have 16 oz in there. oil drags the wheels and as it get more oil in there it is a huge drag and causes heat you when cruising will never notice,  till its toasted the motor or your trying to pass  a vehicle or roll the throttle on. that its suck .   the oil will have a nasty oder to it , also the dipstick just many not want to come out and you just may not be able to touch it anyway because of the excessive heat.  nothing funny about it . and no you do not need to be beating on these motors to experiance this  unfortunate bad deal which seems to not deserve  enough attention to get a recall which should have happened many months ago.   something needs to be done  and it needs to be soon.  yes the motor co  hhad been throwing pparts at these thinngs but all to often  your going to see it happen again and again.

mark

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 02:10:24 PM »

I called Feuling today, they are in the process of building an oil pump for liquid cooled bikes. Should be out in about 2-3 months. They stated their pump has been effective on fixing the sumping issues on the oiled cooled bikes. Price is about $850 with pump and cam plate, plus about 8 hours of labor. I'll wait and buy a Feuling pump when it comes out.

With labor, pump cost, tax, etc, that's approaching $2k to fix an HD engineering flaw.  That'd be a tough check to write.

Tommy1727

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2018, 04:23:11 PM »

Might be a good idea to run a scope down the cylinders to take a look.  I would be surprised if there is not damage there based on what you described occurred.  Hope that’s not the case, it’s cheap to check. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 08:06:06 PM by Tommy1727 »

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2018, 07:29:48 PM »

Might be a good idea to run a scope down the cylinders to take a look.  I would be surprised if there is not damage there based on what you described occurred.  Hope that’s not the case,  if it’s cheap to check.

:2vrolijk_21:   These days you can get a basic scope that uses your smart phone as a display and they don't break the bank like the old bore scopes.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

JaronCVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2018, 11:22:00 PM »

With labor, pump cost, tax, etc, that's approaching $2k to fix an HD engineering flaw.  That'd be a tough check to write.

With so much money into this bike and no warranty, I don't have a choice. My mistake was doing the upgrade knowing there was issues with it in the first place.
2017 CVO Street Glide
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 22 queries.