Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Quietest 2/1 pipe recommendations  (Read 3445 times)

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Quietest 2/1 pipe recommendations
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 11:13:24 AM »

Here is a stainless road rage header with Super Trapps universal SC-4 pn 443-2524.  This one made 130hp/140tq.  I have about the same on my 124 TC and it supporting 160hp/ 145tq. I set these up with closed end cap.  I have compared them to full road rage systems and closed end caps and discs when power output and power under the curve every time so far.   The muffler can be found for a bit over $200.  On super trapps’ site it is closer to $400

LMR

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 11:38:23 AM »

Hrdtail78, how many discs did you use for that set up and how loud did it get compared to other pipes?

LMR

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 12:07:33 PM »

I was looking at the Dracula 1 pipe and a question arose as to how big a baffle do I need? I can understand there are some who love the loud pipes. For me with hearing aids, I’ve lost enough. I know I don’t want the smallest yet don’t know how to pick the right flow.

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »

Both that I have mentioned are over 30 disc.  Both are quieter than than they would be with there muffler counter parts. 

I love mine.  A bit louder than wind noise at 80 but I can hear it enough to stay in tune with what my bike is doing.   It will wake up a bit hitting higher RPM’s.  Sounds nice at idle but there a certain sound a disc muffler makes.  It can be a deal breaker for some.  Or I have gotten feedback because some can’t stand the look of an closed end cap.  They can’t get their head around it doesn’t kill power.   I actually put an open over my closed to avoid these conversations at bike nights.

georgw221

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2019, 08:06:30 AM »

Here is a stainless road rage header with Super Trapps universal SC-4 pn 443-2524.  This one made 130hp/140tq.  I have about the same on my 124 TC and it supporting 160hp/ 145tq. I set these up with closed end cap.  I have compared them to full road rage systems and closed end caps and discs when power output and power under the curve every time so far.   The muffler can be found for a bit over $200.  On super trapps’ site it is closer to $400

Did you compare this setup to a Supertrapp Supermeg?

LMR

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 01:50:18 PM »

Both that I have mentioned are over 30 disc.  Both are quieter than than they would be with there muffler counter parts. 

I love mine.  A bit louder than wind noise at 80 but I can hear it enough to stay in tune with what my bike is doing.   It will wake up a bit hitting higher RPM’s.  Sounds nice at idle but there a certain sound a disc muffler makes.  It can be a deal breaker for some.  Or I have gotten feedback because some can’t stand the look of an closed end cap.  They can’t get their head around it doesn’t kill power.   I actually put an open over my closed to avoid these conversations at bike nights.

How did you come up with the 30 disc number? Curious to find out whether it needs more discs or changing fuel map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yobtaf103

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 04:44:08 PM »

Hardtail 78, nice setup
Always been a supertrapp disc system fan myself, got good power/noise level
aswell as idle sound, a lot put off by dyno time/cost to tune it right

Found it strange vendors of disc systems not done better marketing regarding the M8, as it said to like back pressure

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 05:03:04 PM »

I thought the more discs, the more exhaust gets let out, the louder it is. So if you are searching for a quiet exhaust, then use fewer discs and the end cap, and get it tuned properly.
Am I right in thinking that way?

"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

LMR

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 05:10:08 PM »

I decided on the b1 Bassani Road Rage. If the 2 1/2” baffle is too much, I like the idea of sliding on a supertrap. It’s nice to have options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hrdtail78

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2019, 11:01:27 AM »

I'm a dyno tuner.  So, I get my disc count by what makes the curve look the way I want it to.  I started around 23 and tune.  Then I add 3 disc and tune.  You can watch things get better and better and then power will fall off.  Then I fine tune 1-2 disc at time.  I know no other way to do it.  IME cam really dictates how many disc.  An exhaust bias cam seems to call for less as a short duration cam seems to like more.

Supermeg?  No, I haven't done back to back testing, but IME with either.  I really don't tell much different in sounds for different disc count, BUT guns, helicopters, and loud motorcycles have taken a toll on my ears.

LMR

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CT

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2019, 12:13:51 PM »

Thanks

Plzdvm

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

• CVO1: Pro Street Breakout 17’
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2019, 02:24:41 AM »

V & H High. output 2 into1 w Q urethras baffle...not obnoxiously loud, can always pop the original back in..
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 24 queries.