Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK  (Read 16514 times)

OddN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
Re: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2021, 06:39:48 AM »

The new saddlebag fillers are now in place.

From this:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2021, 06:40:40 AM »

To this:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2021, 02:05:32 PM »

Finally got hold of a new trim ring for the ignition switch (thanks for the tip Twolanerider). Another little detail on the to-do-list completed.  Now the console looks great:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2021, 04:25:16 PM »

Sweet !   :2vrolijk_21:

The little details make a nice difference.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2021, 03:58:38 PM »

Sweet !   :2vrolijk_21:

The little details make a nice difference.

Thanks.

Yeah you're right. Not many details left now. Actually, the only thing I can think of right now is an original Stingray seat... But I believe they were quite fragile already when new so I'm not too optimistic. I have only ever seen one on ebay, and it was rather worn. And besides that, I really like the Corbin Solo seat, both for comfort and for the looks. Maybe if I found someone who could retrim the Corbin with stingray leather, that would be a solution.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2021, 09:21:09 PM »

Thanks.

Yeah you're right. Not many details left now. Actually, the only thing I can think of right now is an original Stingray seat... But I believe they were quite fragile already when new so I'm not too optimistic. I have only ever seen one on ebay, and it was rather worn. And besides that, I really like the Corbin Solo seat, both for comfort and for the looks. Maybe if I found someone who could retrim the Corbin with stingray leather, that would be a solution.

Finding that seat will be a significant challenge.  Finding it in even fair condition with the stingray section still there is a challenge.  Finding it in good in tact condition is very rare indeed.  In ten years I think I've seen one that wasn't pristine but was good enough to set back, dare not used, but at least was all there without pulling apart around the stingray inlay.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2022, 11:31:55 AM »

Finding that seat will be a significant challenge.  Finding it in even fair condition with the stingray section still there is a challenge.  Finding it in good in tact condition is very rare indeed.  In ten years I think I've seen one that wasn't pristine but was good enough to set back, dare not used, but at least was all there without pulling apart around the stingray inlay.

One significant challenge completed :-)

To be honest I didn't really contribute much in that challenge. Actually, the only thing I did was reply to an email from a CVO forum member who told me he had a seat he would be willing to sell to me, and he even included a really nice rider backrest. All this for a very reasonable price. He sent me some pictures, and even though the seat looked excellent in the pictures I was quite excited when it showed up and was even better that I had hoped for. So thank you PJ57, I really appreciate it. The seat has come to a good home and will be taken good care of.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2022, 12:09:08 PM »

Very nice.  And if Pete had it there's no doubt the seat is pristine.  All his stuff was always that way.  So glad for you both :2vrolijk_21: .

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2022, 12:39:54 PM »

Very nice.  And if Pete had it there's no doubt the seat is pristine.  All his stuff was always that way.  So glad for you both :2vrolijk_21: .
Yea, what Don said... along with Pete keeping his stuff pristine he's a great guy on top. Glad it worked out for both of you.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2022, 02:04:10 PM »

Don and Gary - thanks for the compliments! Just glad I could help a fellow CVOer. Even though I’m not as active on the site as years ago, I still check you guys out from time to time. I’m down to one bike...my Candy Brandywine FLHRSEI which I will never part with. I do mostly short rides these days, but still find myself wandering out to the garage everyday just to sit on the bike and admire that paint job. Take care guys and be safe out there. Pete

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2022, 03:22:52 PM »

Don and Gary - thanks for the compliments! Just glad I could help a fellow CVOer. Even though I’m not as active on the site as years ago, I still check you guys out from time to time. I’m down to one bike...my Candy Brandywine FLHRSEI which I will never part with. I do mostly short rides these days, but still find myself wandering out to the garage everyday just to sit on the bike and admire that paint job. Take care guys and be safe out there. Pete

I knew the FLHRSEI was the best looking paint scheme from Harley I'd ever seen (or ever would see) the first time I saw one.  At that time didn't know what it was and they were so few never had a chance to get one.  Then some time after getting my 05 SEEG saw your (Pete's) iteration of what they could be and was sold even more.  Thus began the several year search to score parts then build my own homage to what Pete had done while sprinkling in a bit of my own flavor.

I don't ride mine a lot either Pete.  But it makes me happy having it and taking it on the semi-sort-of-regular lunch or day rides when the weather is nice.  That's all I ask of it and it works.  It and the FXR2 get similar treatment that way. 

Hope everyone is well, the bikes are good for winter, and the old bones are getting ready for spring.  G'day all.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: February 12, 2022, 03:08:17 PM »

Thanks once again for your assistance in getting hold on these rare parts. I really appreciate it. They are safely stored on a shelf in my garage, and will only be used on special occations. But knowing that I have the original bits means a lot to me.

FallbrookSERK

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2022, 03:36:22 PM »

As far as inspiration goes, there are two threads here that immideately caught my eye, one is the Long term project of Twolanerider, an extremely well built and tastefully modified SERK, the other one is the Shop bike of Black Diamond, also a well built bike with some very nice addons.

Actually I really did like the Corbin solo seat on my bike, that is, until I saw the C&C seat Black Diamond had on his. Now I can't get that solo seat with the stingray inlays out of my head, and I think it will be only a matter of time before I give C&C a call to see if the can make another one...
I happen to have one here in SoCal. 2002 not sure it’s ever used
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.18 seconds with 22 queries.