Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Speaking of seats... Well now I am.  (Read 915 times)

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
Speaking of seats... Well now I am.
« on: October 03, 2008, 12:51:04 PM »

Since I bought the Sundowner seat as a more comfortable alternative for the slightly longer rides, while changing the seats from stock to Sundowner, I noticed dents in the rear fender.

I know.........

:worthless:

On the bottom of the original SERK seat the rear tab is mounted with two hex head bolts.  The heads of these bolts have actually dented the top of the fender.  Now granted, my wife and I are not skinny, but the design of this is not good.  I think if anyone of any weight at all would do this on hard bumps.

After the dents are already there you can't do much about it, but I did change the tab bolts.  At first I was just going to change out to 1/4" button heads, but when I went to the drawer for bolts I saw some flat heads.  I took off the chrome tab and used a countersink and countersunk the two attachment points for the flat heads.  I then went to my swapmeet cache and found a stick on rubber bumper, like the ones you might see on the bottom of a heavy radio etc.  I put one on the farthest out flat head so the rubber will touch off on the fender and not any metal of the tab or the now countersunk flat heads.

Why wouldn't the factory put in flat heads instead of those hex head bolts?

I'm sure I'm not the ONLY person to have had this problem.

Anyone have any other suggestions or comments?
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 24 queries.