Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Author Topic: What type bars you guys runnin????  (Read 19675 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
What type bars you guys runnin????
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:16:46 PM »

Sort of looking at the WO508's. Anybody gottum? I need about 2/3 inches more pullback. Hep Me, I'z all ears!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

BluesRunner

• Junior CVO Member
Re: What type bars you guys runnin????
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 11:49:19 PM »

I could use the pull back also. I'll be watching your replies. I'm thinking about 14" Yaffee bars. The wrist angle is supposed to be very good on them.
2011 SERGU
2013 Road King Screamin' Eagle - SOLD

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 07:48:16 AM »

I really wanted to go to a Yaffee Monkey. The only thing thats stopping me is that they just don't look right if pulled back out of line with the front forks. What to do??
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

JarheadOdie

• CVO1: 2014 CVO RoadKing
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 08:21:41 PM »

I had the 508's on  a 2004 RK and loved them. I just bought a 2014 CVO RK and hate the bars that come with it. I will either go back to the 508's or possibly the 12 1/2 apes. I couldn't believe the dealership wants 8 hours labor because of the ABS. Any advice on the apes would also be appreciated.

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 09:10:58 PM »

If you don't want an Ape hanger, check out the New Wave Bar from BR's custom bars. The also have Bent Ape Beaters, with 5" Pullback and a 22 deg wrist angle. Very nice, just a lil wait for construction. Built to Order also, whatever you need.

These are 14" Bent Ape Beaters.

CowboyBagger

• 1K CVO Member
  • Standing on the Corner!
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: FLTRKSEANV Heritage paint
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 10:15:25 PM »

Yaffee 12" Monkey Bagger Bars.  In line with the front forks.  I can lean back on the backrest and still reach the bars comfortably.

Cowboy
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 10:21:43 PM by CowboyBagger »
From an ocean tide, to an 8 second ride! Life is a ride, so make it a good one.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »

I went with bars from these guys and they also build to suit for quite a bit less then BR and their service and quality are both excellent:  www.vindikta.com

grofcvo

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, 04:51:40 PM »

ordered BR's ape beaters with drop top, in 14'' .
thought about yaffe but went with BR it is shorter waiting time and I got dimensions that I wanted.

JarheadOdie

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 08:03:13 PM »

Ok guys now it is time for some help. I ordered the Wild 1 502's but Harley is telling me the only extended cables are chrome braided not the pearl black that comes stock with my 14 CVO RK which also means chrome connectors instead of black. They are also saying the lower brake lines need to be replaced when I do the job instead of just the top one which makes since to me since it is longer. The bottom ones do not change. Has anybody else had this issue and if so what did you do?

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 08:15:35 PM »

Ok guys now it is time for some help. I ordered the Wild 1 502's but Harley is telling me the only extended cables are chrome braided not the pearl black that comes stock with my 14 CVO RK which also means chrome connectors instead of black. They are also saying the lower brake lines need to be replaced when I do the job instead of just the top one which makes since to me since it is longer. The bottom ones do not change. Has anybody else had this issue and if so what did you do?

Call Magnum Shielding:  https://www.magnumshielding.com/index.php?route=common/home

They can hook you up.

HRider

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 08:24:17 PM »

Call Magnum Shielding:  https://www.magnumshielding.com/index.php?route=common/home

They can hook you up.
magnum has nothing or goodridge for the 2014 actually no one does, only HD, but they don't even have the correct lengths above 14" bars(I think) my cvo  sat for a month while I researched for brake lines.

JarheadOdie

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 08:29:54 PM »

magnum has nothing or goodridge for the 2014 actually no one does, only HD, but they don't even have the correct lengths above 14" bars(I think) my cvo  sat for a month while I researched for brake lines.

They say they can get them but only chrome steal raided is that what you went with?

JarheadOdie

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 08:31:54 PM »

They can hook you up.

How do you like the 16 apes? I went with the 12 1/2 but not sure if I should have gone higher.

HRider

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 11:20:25 PM »

How do you like the 16 apes? I went with the 12 1/2 but not sure if I should have gone higher.
mine are customized HD lines, my bars are perfect no complaints, thanks for asking

HRider

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 11:27:12 PM »

They say they can get them but only chrome steal raided is that what you went with?
when I spoke to them beg of Nov. they told me they had no idea when they were going to have anything for the 14'
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 21 queries.