Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Author Topic: What type bars you guys runnin????  (Read 19771 times)

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: What type bars you guys runnin????
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2014, 10:01:23 PM »

Hey King, If you gonna go with the WO513 and the lines & wires will work will work, do it yourself. 2/3 hrs with basic skills. Go on youtube and see how to unpin the connectors. If the wires are not long enough and you can't or don't know anyone that can solder, take it in. Amazon has the WO513 for $188 free ship. You will also need the Wild 1 adapter, $65 shipped. $253.....done deal!!!!
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

King2013

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2014, 12:30:43 AM »

Hey King, If you gonna go with the WO513 and the lines & wires will work will work, do it yourself. 2/3 hrs with basic skills. Go on youtube and see how to unpin the connectors. If the wires are not long enough and you can't or don't know anyone that can solder, take it in. Amazon has the WO513 for $188 free ship. You will also need the Wild 1 adapter, $65 shipped. $253.....done deal!!!!

Still trying to get over the fact that a trained tech would take 7 hours on a bar swap. I'm definitely doing this my self. Another snow storm coming so this project will keep me busy. I don't think it's that hard or going to take 7 hours. I'm thinking about just going with the heritage style bars they're like $90.00 and the parts guy said I shouldn't need the adapter.

Thanks for all the feedback.

King2013

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »

After doing some more research I'm not so sure about this parts guy. It looks like those heritage style bars are also 1 inch so I think I still might need the adapter.
Anyone have a part number for the adapter and where you got it.

These look like nice bars. I'm not sure if they would be comfortable or not but, it looks like no adapter would be needed.
http://www.hillcountrycustomcycles.com/LA-Choppers-Hefty-TRUE-1-14-inch-85-inch-Ape-Hanger-Chrome-P2213.aspx

Anyone know anything about these bars or the manufacturer?

TIA
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 11:02:45 AM by King2013 »

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »

ya, my cuz got some of their 16 inch apes the prewired ones for his RK , they look good and he is happy happy
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

King2013

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »

I decided to take a chance and placed my order for the LA Chopper bars.
I'm thinking I'll wait until I get the bars before I do the aux lights so I won't have to mess with the bars twice.

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »

I decided to take a chance and placed my order for the LA Chopper bars.
I'm thinking I'll wait until I get the bars before I do the aux lights so I won't have to mess with the bars twice.

If they have the rise & pullback you want you did good. No adapter. Their site said you needed to change risers....NO NO, yours will work fine. On the new bars drop a lenght of small chain thru and then pull a nylon cord. Use some lube, I use pulling gel. Go slow, its easy. BTW: Your aux lites won't have wires in the bars and if you relocate your turns they won't either. Another good idea is to take pics of the plugs before you unpin them. Good Luck.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

eaglecvma

• CA

• CVO1: 2013 FLHRSE5 Burgundy Blaze
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2014, 11:23:39 PM »

14" carlini gangster apes.

King2013

« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2014, 10:55:24 AM »

Update.
Canceled the order for the bars.  Won't work for tbw. It doesn't specify it in the ad. I wish some of these vendors would be a bit more specific with the fitment matrix.
Back to the drawing board.

RoadMonkey

• formerly maddog360
  • Full CVO Member
  • that's how we do it

• CVO1: '13 CVO Road King, 100th Anniv FLHRSE5
    • CVO2: '13 Camaro
    • CVO3: F250 Super Duty
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 11:18:52 PM »

Update.
Canceled the order for the bars.  Won't work for tbw. It doesn't specify it in the ad. I wish some of these vendors would be a bit more specific with the fitment matrix.
Back to the drawing board.
It can be a hair puller =) 2k was right, about $253.00 for the WO513 set up. Also, I had the heritage bars on my 2012 RK(you would need something extra due to the 1" center.. looks like you figured that already) and I have found that I like the WO513's better, but they are a little wide... I got adjusted to the width fairly quick thou.
"It's All Good" FLHRSE5 110th anniversary, aka.. Road King. bars, Vance & Hines Monster Rounds, H-D Aux light kit, saddlebag guards, always having something else powder coated to black ;) ,  Sundowner seat(when ride is 400+ miles per day)... -aka Todd

King2013

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 11:46:39 PM »

You'd figure after the first year the cvo used 1 1/4" bars they would have been producing exact replacements for a reasonable price. Seems like no matter which I go with I'm gonna have to buy extra stuff just to make them work.
Can't win.
thanks everyone for the feedback.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2014, 12:33:06 AM »

You'd figure after the first year the cvo used 1 1/4" bars they would have been producing exact replacements for a reasonable price. Seems like no matter which I go with I'm gonna have to buy extra stuff just to make them work.
Can't win.
thanks everyone for the feedback.
call BRET at KST Kustoms he made the bars i put on my 13 RG they are 1 1/4" through the clamp & it was only three weeks & they were on my door step
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:39:01 AM by fastfreddy »

King2013

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »

call BRET at KST Kustoms he made the bars i put on my 13 RG they are 1 1/4" through the clamp & it was only three weeks & they were on my door step

How are they cost wise.
I'm not pinching pennies but the wild ones would run about 250 all said and done, I would just order those before I spend more than that on bars.

I can do wiring/soldering actually for me the wiring is the fun part. The hardest part of this ordeal is finding bars.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 03:46:02 PM »

How are they cost wise.
I'm not pinching pennies but the wild ones would run about 250 all said and done, I would just order those before I spend more than that on bars.

I can do wiring/soldering actually for me the wiring is the fun part. The hardest part of this ordeal is finding bars.
i got the 12" mayhems they cost me $200 w/shipping, its worth the call, no wires or hoses were needed to for the install either  :2vrolijk_21:

King2013

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »

i got the 12" mayhems they cost me $200 w/shipping, its worth the call, no wires or hoses were needed to for the install either  :2vrolijk_21:

Wow. I'm calling on Monday. Can you post or message me their number?
Thanks

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 08:58:17 AM »

PM sent
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.