Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Quality replacement helmet speakers  (Read 2635 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: Quality replacement helmet speakers
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 09:21:43 AM »

Please let us know if you have any luck with that. I know you can bluetooth one as a rider and one as a passenger as that is how ours is set up, I could use hers when she is not riding along but in order to adjust volume I’m thinking I would have to use back seat controls with is impossible to stay safe. Try pairing the rider twice, just make sure to turn the first one is turned off while pairing the second one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I played around a little trying to pair both my headsets as driver, get a error message.
If I delete the first driver Sena then I can use the other as the driver one, I’m guessing they won’t allow 2 two units to be paired with the bike at the same time, you must use one as driver and one as passenger.
If anyone has found a “workaround “ please share.

:nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2019, 08:14:28 PM »

Why couldn’t you pair the second one as passenger and use it when the driver’s dies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2019, 11:26:21 PM »

You can pair it as a passenger but you will have to realize the volume and the mode controls would have to be controlled from the controls on the right rear speaker, the only control that would work would be the push to talk control on the right for the cb and squelch.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2019, 11:43:35 PM »

You can pair it as a passenger but you will have to realize the volume and the mode controls would have to be controlled from the controls on the right rear speaker, the only control that would work would be the push to talk control on the right for the cb and squelch.

I can pair it to my phone and forgot CarPlay and the gts system completely I guess.
That’s what I use on my non-radio equipped bikes.
HOGMIKE

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2019, 12:34:34 AM »

Just a FYI that I went for 13 hours yesterday and Sena still had 20% when I came home. I do not use for music though
Alan

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 04:54:09 AM »

Just a FYI that I went for 13 hours yesterday and Sena still had 20% when I came home. I do not use for music though
Is that the Sena 20 or the new Sena 30? We have the Sena 20 and both mine and my BSR have experienced about 10 to 10.5 hours of use counting turning them off for a 20 to 30 minute lunch break and short gas break stops. I use mine for radio, intercom, and CB use when riding with our HOG group. She only uses hers for intercom, doesn’t listen to music and surprising hers usually goes dead first. We get three warnings of low battery from the headset and then it just dies.

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2019, 04:13:45 PM »

Is that the Sena 20 or the new Sena 30? We have the Sena 20 and both mine and my BSR have experienced about 10 to 10.5 hours of use counting turning them off for a 20 to 30 minute lunch break and short gas break stops. I use mine for radio, intercom, and CB use when riding with our HOG group. She only uses hers for intercom, doesn’t listen to music and surprising hers usually goes dead first. We get three warnings of low battery from the headset and then it just dies.

I use mine for 99% music, Pandora and Amazon, some text messages, rare phone call, all using CarPlay
Usually average 4-6 hours till it goes dead. Not sure better speakers are worth it at this point.

HOGMIKE

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2020, 02:26:04 AM »

the Boom 20s EVO
Alan

glinkmeyer

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2020, 09:09:33 AM »

the Boom 20s EVO
Yes, we have the 20s EVO but this year they have a 30s EVO that comes with the purchase of a new 2020 Harley Davidson CVO. You only get one headset this year instead of the two headsets that we always got in the past. Every year Harley raises the price and gives you less on the purchase of a new CVO and only one key fob this year. Just wandering if the 30s EVO will have a longer battery life, the advantage of the 30 is you can connect more riders when doing group riding I believe. We have never used that feature as we still use CB for group riding.

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2020, 09:37:46 PM »

Yes, we have the 20s EVO but this year they have a 30s EVO that comes with the purchase of a new 2020 Harley Davidson CVO. You only get one headset this year instead of the two headsets that we always got in the past. Every year Harley raises the price and gives you less on the purchase of a new CVO and only one key fob this year. Just wandering if the 30s EVO will have a longer battery life, the advantage of the 30 is you can connect more riders when doing group riding I believe. We have never used that feature as we still use CB for group riding.

2 key fobs came with my 2020 CVO Limited. I know the non CVO bikes only came with 1 key fob and no heel shifter, trunk and saddlebag luggage bags, etc. I'm probably on my last bike, though I've said that about the 2014, then the 2017, but this may well be my last Harley. Be a shame after all these decades.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 25 queries.