Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Blue LED's  (Read 6531 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: Blue LED's
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 02:34:18 PM »

i may give those boogie lights a try, only if they all can be completely out of sight.

That was how I felt so thats what I done. You might say they are invisible!

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

kona76

• Elite CVO Member
  • Screamin' Eagle Rocks the SFV !!

• CVO1: 2005 FLSTFSE Screamin' Eagle FatBoy Slate Gray with Metal Grind
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHRSE4 Screamin' Eagle RoadKing Black Diamond with Silver Mist & Ghost Flames
    • CVO3: 2010 Screamin' Eagle FatKing Monster CVO with Jims 124" 200 HP / 200 TQ (dreamin of)
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 05:05:22 AM »

Aussie,

For a long time now, I was against LED highlights for some reason or another. Recently I had visited a biker friendly bar and noticed one HD using a series of Amber LED's. They were remarkable, cleanly installed and complimented the engine detail greatly.

I had seen others before with red, yellow, blue; ya know, the usual spectrum of primary colors. But this one particular ride looked somehow, if you can excuse the expression, 
"show worthy". So I asked about the lights, manufacturer, etc.

I most assuredly like the blue tone on your bike, but for some reason (like my old 49 year old eyes) it looks blurry. Not the lights, the picture. Do you have any pix that are clear and really show off the bike and color? That's something I would like to see.

Kona76
Mike K.
FLSTFSE SE FatBoy & all the OCD Fixin's Top Notch Bar Hopper with hella HorsePower,Torque & Performance. Don't try this one at home, alone.

FLHRSE4 SE RoadKing Semi Stock Bagger for High Speed Power & Long Hauls, Two Up Comfort that Satisfies our Chrome Fixation Nation.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 05:13:05 AM »

Kona,

Its not your eyes the pics are a bit blury as I had to take them without the flash & the camera thinks because it is dark it needs a flash. Therfore taking them without the flash the camera did not do such a good job. With the flash it becomes daylight & you can not really se them! But I will try again soon.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2007, 10:22:55 AM »

Looks Awesome!

I have 32 Lizard LED pods that I bought for the SERK.  No kidding on the time, I have been tinkering for about a week in the dark garage moving LED's around to determine best placement.  BTW with the Lizard lights, you have seven colors to choose from, looks cool!  I don't plan on removing the tank though :( which will only add to the fustration.

On a bagger, it is very time consuming and I am picky about seeing wires so it may be limited where I place the pods.
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 04:52:08 AM »

Looks Awesome!

I have 32 Lizard LED pods that I bought for the SERK.  No kidding on the time, I have been tinkering for about a week in the dark garage moving LED's around to determine best placement.  BTW with the Lizard lights, you have seven colors to choose from, looks cool!  I don't plan on removing the tank though :( which will only add to the fustration.

On a bagger, it is very time consuming and I am picky about seeing wires so it may be limited where I place the pods.

Mine are also invisible when not turned on. I am quite pleased with my installation & the remote control is also great! I have seen some shocking installs where you see the pods & wires. This does truly amaze me how sloppy some people can be.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Brent

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 11:41:36 AM »

I have noticed that they turn alot of heads while riding.  Plus it makes you more visible on the road.
2006 Autumn Haze FLSTFSE2

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 01:20:44 PM »

Alright, these things rock!  I've got a set of LED light pods from HD and they absolutely SUCK!  You can't even see them.  I book marked the Boogey Light site.  There is a dealer near me who is a "premiere installer" according to the sight.  You guys just added a few hundred more dollars to my wish list.  Thanks.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2008, 11:18:01 PM »

Hey Aussi Mike the bike is looking good m8. Been a long time since I have had time to post. My bike is running fine, has about 34k miles on it now, still looks pretty good. I currently began breaking it down. I am going to make a few changes. It may be down for a whoel season as I am in the midst of a move as well. Anyhowe I figured I would post a pic that shows my engine with the lights on in the daytime. You cant see any wires as you can see. Look for the blue pinpoints of light. ( hard to see in the day but very bright at night) These are the kuryakun Lizard lights set to blue.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:16 AM »

Hey Aussi Mike the bike is looking good m8. Been a long time since I have had time to post. My bike is running fine, has about 34k miles on it now, still looks pretty good. I currently began breaking it down. I am going to make a few changes. It may be down for a whoel season as I am in the midst of a move as well. Anyhowe I figured I would post a pic that shows my engine with the lights on in the daytime. You cant see any wires as you can see. Look for the blue pinpoints of light. ( hard to see in the day but very bright at night) These are the kuryakun Lizard lights set to blue.

Gr8 to see you posting Scott. Yours is looking mighty sharp in dat pic too!
But you do need a Kuryakyn chrome oil line cover to hide that hose under the oil tank.
I am very very close to putting my 200 rear end on with chromed rear fender & relocated rear turn signals, including my Baker DD6, chrome inner primary & auto chain tensioner, Racetech Caddies shocks & a 48.5mm Throttle Body with matching manifold.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2008, 01:48:49 PM »

Gr8 to see you posting Scott. Yours is looking mighty sharp in dat pic too!
But you do need a Kuryakyn chrome oil line cover to hide that hose under the oil tank.
I am very very close to putting my 200 rear end on with chromed rear fender & relocated rear turn signals, including my Baker DD6, chrome inner primary & auto chain tensioner, Racetech Caddies shocks & a 48.5mm Throttle Body with matching manifold.

Cheers
Aussie

Aussie,

I've often looked at that and said something must be done about this, its quite anoying.......... so do ya have the part #  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2008, 02:49:32 PM »

Aussie,

I've often looked at that and said something must be done about this, its quite anoying.......... so do ya have the part #  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Eagle1,

I sure do, here it is!         click here to see it 

If I remember correctly this small part is where my OCD started a little over 2-1/2 years ago. World wide shopping from my living room, WOW what a blast! The real scary thing is I have a pretty good idea how much I have spent on internet shopping in that time. :-X

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:53:42 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »

Eagle1,

I sure do, here it is!         click here to see it 

If I remember correctly this small part is where my OCD started a little over 2-1/2 years ago. World wide shopping from my living room, WOW what a blast! The real scary thing is I have a pretty good idea how much I have spent on internet shopping in that time. :-X

Cheers
Aussie

Thank you my friend :2vrolijk_21:

Aussie, you are truly the Ninja Master of OCD, I can only hope that someday with much training this meek grasshopper may be able to snatch the pebble from your hand  :znotworthy:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2008, 02:13:06 AM »

Here in the states the money is a bit tight as I am planning a move overseas. Headed to Halkidiki Greece. So my OCD is going to have to be put off. Also and this may sound really like heresee, I have some changes in mind that may recieve a few boos.....lol.

I enjoyed the Fatboy for what it was for a long time. Now, I find myself longing for the Heritage I got rid of to own the fatboy. Also my wife does not feel the fatboy is as soft on her tail as the heritage was. Also the scraping of the boards etc has cause me to make a decision.

I am going to butcher my CVO......lol. The first thing I am going to attempt to do is paint the sheetmetal while doing my best to  preserve some of the metal grind. I am going to tape them off hit em with some scotchbrite and hit it with some black. I am also going to paint the frame black. I also am going to get my cases and jugs powdercoated black. ( I have some plans for the internals, but the secret will not be revealed until I work it all out). Yup another f*cking black Harley!

I am also going with some soft leather saddlebags. Its going to basically be a Black and Blue Screamin Eagle Heritage softail with the stock Heritage ride height (i the rear at least). I think this is really the bike of my dreams, it might piss people off but hell you don't have to ride it and I don't plan on ever selling it, so I am going to devalue my bike.......I heard your arguement, keep it.

The front end is slightly lowered from a stock Heritage as far as I know too. I have a stock rear shock from my Heritage, so I will just change the rear and see how bad it is, I might keep it that way.......I know it won't solve any scraping problems, but maybe the ol lady will be as comfortable on the back as she claims she was on the old Heritage? I am also going back to the stock ( but chromed) Heritage handlebars (I am still not sure I can pull off the internal wiring portion of this, if not it's not that major to me, its to ride not to show)

One might also ask, why did you not just do some work to the 05 Heritage you had?......the only answer I can give is I saw the silver sled and had to have her at whatever cost....Now I am low on bike finances and want something closer and with more power and a few chrome doo dads I now have. My wife wishes I kept the old bike........so it's the new comprimise without buying another bike. ( plus I get some cams etc out of the deal, shhhh )

We'll see how it goes. These are my plans so far to have a "different" bike. I don't really have OCD , I have an "I need a different bike!" type of complex. Hell, I considered spray bombing the whole thing......just because I don't know anyone else who would spray bomb a 30k plus bike.......lol.

Here's a pic of the old mostly stock Heritage. Aussie you may recognize this tailight 8)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 06:27:59 AM by Fired00d »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

HackNDos

• Junior CVO Member
    • Weather in my neck of the woods
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 09:20:32 PM »

I myself have blue neon LED's on my Fatboy and have turned heads everywhere I go with them.

I live in California.  And although technically I am not suppose to have them on while riding, as long as they don't strobe/flash, and do not point directly ahead, the CHP and local's have done nothing but drive by me and smile/nod and appreciate it.  I think most of them look at it more of safety thing. Makes me more visible.

I got my lights and neon tubes from :

http://www.nomagicneon.com

One note on the Inline Neon Tubes that connect up to the spark plug wires.
They look wicked!  But, I have noticed a dramatic decrease in gas mileage since the neon tubes were installed.  Will be doing a test by running my regualr wires again and seeing if I notice a difference.  They aren't supposed to reduce spark but I have to wonder with such a dramatic drop in mileage.

Paul

--------

You ever stop to think.... and forget to start again?

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 05:04:03 PM »

Hmm scott is back.Hey scott if you decide to come over to Turkey while your around gimme a note maybe we can ride together.I am in Izmir and in Istanbul depending the day of the week. :drink:
Ridin Legend
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 24 queries.