Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: 200 rear tyre  (Read 7382 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Re: 200 rear tyre
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 05:11:45 PM »

You can run the 06' belt on it. I need to check with the local dealer mechanic to see what else is needed.He told me what else is needed up front to make it work with the thinner belt.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2005, 05:17:25 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 09:47:29 PM »

Thats not the same wheel. The 05' have spun aluminum polished wheels. They have a rivet type look to them and the stock fatboy wheels have holes in them. That wheel is solid all the way around. Thanks for trying though. I'm sure I could find some similar wheels, but I was hoping to find a very close match.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 11:51:58 PM »

Thats not the same wheel. The 05' have spun aluminum polished wheels. They have a rivet type look to them and the stock fatboy wheels have holes in them. That wheel is solid all the way around. Thanks for trying though. I'm sure I could find some similar wheels, but I was hoping to find a very close match.

man, i dont see what what like so much about those wheels, an absolute bitch to keep lookin nice. i vowed never to buy a bike with them again after 3 yrs of polishing. it was one of the most influential reasons i decided to buy the 06. hey, what ever floats your boat man. cheers  [smiley=2vrolijk_09.gif]
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2005, 10:33:40 PM »

man, i dont see what what like so much about those wheels, an absolute bitch to keep lookin nice. i vowed never to buy a bike with them again after 3 yrs of polishing. it was one of the most influential reasons i decided to buy the 06. hey, what ever floats your boat man. cheers

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2005, 10:45:53 PM »

Aussie keep us updated with all the info. two things you may consider the trade off of handeling when changing to the larger back tire and the duribility of the 7/8th's size belt (especially if you have plans in hopping up the motor)

I have gone to the screamin eagle performance tire for now, it offers a much better profile and tread pattern much like the metzler. It doesnt give the awsome look of the 200 like on the 06 but I want to ride one of the 06's and compare the handeling before I decide my route for the future.

I am probably going to change all my tin eventially but will be two three years off, the plan is to come up with a different color scheme. If I change the back fender I may change to a larger tire if it will work with the removable hard bags and brackets I have planned.

RBFB

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 12:15:36 AM »

Reo, do you have a picture of your bike with the different tire on it?

Hotrodracer

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 12:36:35 AM »

Ok I'm in!! I have been thinking about the 200 every since I saw an 06.  I got to have one!!  I will start looking into it also.
Let's Ride

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 06:57:18 AM »

Ok I'm in!! I have been thinking about the 200 every since I saw an 06.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 07:05:22 AM »

Aussie keep us updated with all the info. two things you may consider the trade off of handeling when changing to the larger back tire and the duribility of the 7/8th's size belt (especially if you have plans in hopping up the motor)

I have gone to the screamin eagle performance tire for now, it offers a much better profile and tread pattern much like the metzler. It doesnt give the awsome look of the 200 like on the 06 but I want to ride one of the 06's and compare the handeling before I decide my route for the future.

I am probably going to change all my tin eventially but will be two three years off, the plan is to come up with a different color scheme. If I change the back fender I may change to a larger tire if it will work with the removable hard bags and brackets I have planned.

Reo,
I too need to try the 2006 with the 200 tyre, if I get a chance I will ask my stealer i they have a 06 softail Demo bike. I am still fairly sure with out trying it, it will be fine. The Moco must have put a fair bit of research in to it. I have ridden a Duce with a 180 on it & it felt NO different to the 150 on mine. It also would come down to tyre selection. I have heard very good reports about the AVON VENOM tyres & I would be keen to try them!

cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 07:07:38 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2005, 07:57:42 AM »

Here is another thread where this tire is discussed
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1134604695

I will get a pic and post it this weekend....reo
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 07:58:43 AM by reo »

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 08:10:36 AM »

Reo,
I too need to try the 2006 with the 200 tyre, if I get a chance I will ask my stealer i they have a 06 softail Demo bike. I am still fairly sure with out trying it, it will be fine. The Moco must have put a fair bit of research in to it. I have ridden a Duce with a 180 on it & it felt NO different to the 150 on mine. It also would come down to tyre selection. I have heard very good reports about the AVON VENOM tyres & I would be keen to try them!

cheers
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

What concerns me is the hard floorboard scraping type of riding that is sacrificed. Now I know the fatboy is not the best handling bike but in its crude kind of ride through the turns it has a predictable feel that I kind of like.

Here is some things to consider if your going to compare bikes for your ride comparisons. The 06 flstfse2 has a 200 tire in back and that is a radial, the front also radial but this bike is 1" higher than ours, that's right, check the seat height in the specs. The Softail Standard, the Softail Springer, and the Nightrain all have the 200 tire on back and again a radial but in front the same tire the moco has been using on all softails, a bias ply....go figure.

And to throw some more options in, why not opt for the 240 or larger tire on the back, Ness has a conversion to a 250 back tire under 2k. Now this price doesn't include a fender or tire/wheel. And then there is the phatail conversion, Ive seen these on fatboys and they look awsome. I have a freind that had a phatail with a 240 put on his Nightrain he also had it upgraded to a 113, I will get a chance to ride it this summer.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 08:17:46 AM by reo »

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2006, 10:24:31 AM »

Here's a link to the thread showing pictures of that tire on my bike.
http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1134604695

tunedse2

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2006 SE FatBoy Autumn Haze
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2006, 08:48:20 AM »

This looks good

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2006, 05:04:49 PM »

This looks good

Tunedse2,

Thats perfect, I suppose you don't have any more details?

Cheers  [smiley=drink.gif]
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2006, 11:48:08 PM »

Tunedse2,

Thats perfect, I suppose you don't have any more details?

Cheers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.333 seconds with 21 queries.