Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Accessories wont fit  (Read 5594 times)

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
Accessories wont fit
« on: March 17, 2006, 03:22:02 PM »

Well i was at the dealer today to add Headlight nacelle and sissy.For the nacelle it seems like i need spacers.Anyone knows any part numbers that would work just fine to get the tach a bit higher?Also the sissy seems like a too tight fit like 1-2 mm away from the rear fender.Is there a specific deatchbale sissy for 200 tire bikes?[ch304] got the turn signal relocation already.Please the ones in the know post part#..
Thanks
Altug [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: Accessories wont fit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 08:07:33 PM »

Well i was at the dealer today to add Headlight nacelle and sissy.For the nacelle it seems like i need spacers.Anyone knows any part numbers that would work just fine to get the tach a bit higher?Also the sissy seems like a too tight fit like 1-2 mm away from the rear fender.Is there a specific deatchbale sissy for 200 tire bikes?[ch304] got the turn signal relocation already.Please the ones in the know post part#..
Thanks
Altugo [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]

Congrats man, it does look sharp!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] my dealer has one in blue on the floor now as well, and it did look great when i saw it in person. The yellow is a metallic paint with cool looking flakes, and the haze has a metallic finish as well, but the purple is just flat no metallic chip, what the f*ck! cheap bastards, or did they forget to finish painting it, with all the paint problems i have been reading about, i wouldnt be suprised. anyway, enough dissin the MOF*ckinCo its just too easy these days, like kickin a lame dog!
when txfatboy posted his pics he had a sissy that seemed to fit nicely, maybe he can enlighten us as to which parts he used. i am looking for a taller one to use with a T-bag.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:41:47 PM by Fired00d »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 08:15:28 PM »

I don't know about the detachables but my rigid mount sissy bar fit perfectly.  BTW, I got the one slightly taller than Eagle 1 for the same reason--to mount a luggage bag.  I went with the Kuryakyn Ultra Tour Bag as it is larger than any of the T-Bag offerings.  I was originally sold on the T-Bag but I needed more space....
Love my '05

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 07:19:49 AM »

Thanks for the replies.Taildragger nice scoot. What size is your tire? Did you isntall a larger one?It seems like the only problem i have is the size of the tire. [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

Taildraggerdave

• Junior CVO Member
  • V-twin Exhaust--the sound of freedom
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

Thanks and it is the stock rear.
Love my '05

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 08:10:05 PM »

Hi Eagle.I found that sissy on harley accessories site and it seems like its the only detachable option for flstfe2.I will order one soon.Part #51477-06.Ceck it out.I still am clueless about the risers.It doesnt seem like he used the ones on harley acessories catalog.I personal messaged him but he seems like didnt get my message yet.Any help is apreciated about the risers.
Thanks
ALTUG [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 09:16:33 PM »

Hi Eagle.I found that sissy on harley accessories site and it seems like its the only detachable option for flstfe2.I will order one soon.Part [highlight]#51477-06[/highlight].Ceck it out.I still am clueless about the risers.It doesnt seem like he used the ones on harley acessories catalog.I personal messaged him but he seems like didnt get my message yet.Any help is apreciated about the risers.
Thanks
ALTUG [smiley=drink.gif]
Altugo, That part # is for the upright, http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448768431&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302289679&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302289679&bmUID=1142819979774&bmLocale=en_US  im not sure what part you are calling the risers, but i think the detachable sideplates are here, http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441843527&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302289675&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302289675&bmUID=1142820928731&bmLocale=en_US

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 11:31:59 AM »

Hi Eagle and thanks for the info.I figured that i have the correct sideplates.All the rest i have to reorder.By risers i meant the handlebar risers that i need to install a headlamp nacelle.TXfatboy mentioned that he used a couple of spacers.I ordered few of them i hope that it will work.Any other risers you know of to go with the handlebars we have?
Thank you.
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 10:06:10 PM »

To give an update to those who are interested,
I figured the detachable sideplate, upright and pad combo. Docking hardware kit and directional reloctaion are also needed.Here are the part#
51477-06        KIT, UPRIGHT, MEDIUM ROUND
51640-06        BACKREST PAD, SMOOTH BUCKET STYLE  (some other styles are available wife wanted this)
53930-03        DOCKING HARDWARE KIT,SFTL,W/SADDLEBAGS
53959-06        KIT, DIRECTIONAL RELOCATION
total with handling 200$ at chicagoharley.com. They are running 20% discount till the end of may on all parts.
Detachable sidepaltes also needed but since i already had them i didnt care.Ill post part# later for that too.
 [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2006, 08:19:03 PM »

I have been out of pocket for a month or so,  i haven't read these threads or responded...if anyone still needs info, please let me know.  I've got my bike back in the shop for some new pipes.  i went with the v&h bigshot longs.  i'll post some pics soon.  Work is kickin' my A$$!!

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2006, 01:48:28 AM »

Hi tx welcomeback.
I personal messaged you.I need the part numbers needed for the handlebar risers/spacer that you used to install the nacelle.Did you recovered from your injuries?I wish you all the best.
Altugo [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
Ridin Legend

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »

I'm looking at the bill that i received when i picked up the bike.  I know the mechanic told me he had to add some spacers, but i have no idea what he added.  The bill does not show any spacers or washers charged to me.  I'm trying to pick the bike up this week(it's getting new pipes), and I will try to get some #'s for you.  I have recovered from injuries, but always sore in the mornings...guess that will last a lifetime.  I have not recovered from the hospital bills!  The driver of the car does not have enough coverage.  Doesn't matter...just glad to be alive! lol

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2006, 01:56:28 PM »

It seems like the whole insurance industry is nothin but a scam.They always somehow end up by not paying what you really need.I hope they wont raise your monthly payments from now on.Well with the handlebar risers there are only 2 different ones available in 2006 catalog and none of them looks like whats on your bike.Great if you could figure what your tech used. [smiley=drink.gif] [smiley=drink.gif]
altug
Ridin Legend

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2006, 07:00:32 PM »

I have been out of pocket for a month or so,

txfatboy

• Junior CVO Member
  • H-D High Dollar!
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 03:48:58 PM »

You can see the fender struts with the buckshot, when I remove the sissy bar.  Doesn't look bad at all, I'll have to take some pics.  As far as adding bags?  I have no idea.  I'm trying to find a way to mount some RoadKing Classic bags.  I really like the size and style of those bags. (longer and narrow) If I can't figure out how to do it, i'll try Harley's new detachable bags.  My dealer said the recently installed some RK bags on a softail deluxe...I figure I might be able to do the same.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 1.357 seconds with 24 queries.