Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: 09 FLTRSE3 Dyno Results  (Read 66570 times)

BigJohnzSE

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
    • CVO2: 2002 Roadking
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage
Re: 09 FLTRSE3 Dyno Results
« Reply #195 on: June 09, 2009, 10:20:56 PM »

:bananarock: :jalapeno: :jalapeno:Hello all, Well its been awhile. I have been riding all I can squeze in. Picked up my 09 silver SERG in Febuary, pretty much froze my tush trying to dial in a windshield and get my 1000 miles in. I'm on #4 windshield now. But anyways I went with the Woods w-7 575 lift cams, PC-V, Vance&hines Power Crossovers with V&H 4" round mufflers and dyno'ed at 102hp 119# torque.  Its a lot louder than I like, but accelleration is awesome. I'll worry about making it a little quieter this winter. For now it's all about having FUN!!!!!  I'll get some pics posted soon. Until then LATER BRO's & SIS'S RIDE HARD RIDE FAST STAY SAFE!!!!
Ride Fast, Ride Hard, Ride Forever

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #196 on: June 12, 2009, 08:30:25 PM »

So much is in the tranny. FLTRSEI2's first gear is 10.8 to 1, yours is either 9.5 or 9.7 to 1. the FLTRSEI2 makes more rear wheel power then the FLTRSE3 for the first 3 gears then falls behind

The FLTRSEI2 has a mechanical advantage in the lower gears, but I'm not sure that advantage is sufficient to overcome the increased torque from the 13.7% displacement increase of a SERG3.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 08:22:05 AM by hdfr120 »
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2009, 09:12:31 AM »

Not sure how some of you think gear ratio (mechanical function) has anything to do with engine hp/torque. Engine output is relative, gear ratio is fixed, together they control speed/acceleration/rpm but trans has NO affect on engine output. The engine makes X horsepower regardless of gear ratio, trans just controls how fast, or slowly, that power is used whether it is a bike/car or drill motor. Gears just exist, engines work. Ever wonder why manuf lists crank horsepower vs rear wheel.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »

Not sure how some of you think gear ratio (mechanical function) has anything to do with engine hp/torque. Engine output is relative, gear ratio is fixed, together they control speed/acceleration/rpm but trans has NO affect on engine output. The engine makes X horsepower regardless of gear ratio, trans just controls how fast, or slowly, that power is used whether it is a bike/car or drill motor. Gears just exist, engines work. Ever wonder why manuf lists crank horsepower vs rear wheel.

While gear ratio has no effect on engine HP/TQ, the mechanical advantage/disadvantage afforded by a particular gear ratio has everything to do with the performance characteristics of the same engine HP/TQ when applied to the rear wheel. If it didn't matter, we'd all use single speed transmissions and the highest HP motor would always win.  Ever wonder why we are more interested in power measured at the rear wheel vs the crank? 
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2009, 03:45:50 PM »

Once again, gear ratio has nothing to do with ACTUAL horsepower. Engines work, transmissions --- transfer based on ratios or gear reduction/multipliation. My comment was based on someone on the thread saying the trans affected horsepower, it does not.

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #200 on: June 14, 2009, 04:35:46 PM »

Just got Mine back TTS, non-cat pipe (ceramic coated ) , HD heavy breather, fullsac 2" ............95 Hp and 116 Ft. Lbs.

runs really good, very smooth.
a.k.a  Dent Dude

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2009, 10:22:15 AM »

Once again, gear ratio has nothing to do with ACTUAL horsepower. Engines work, transmissions --- transfer based on ratios or gear reduction/multipliation. My comment was based on someone on the thread saying the trans affected horsepower, it does not.

I fall a little into both camps on this one.

To your comment above.... We measure rear wheel horsepower for our bike readings.  And "in my opinion" that has everything to do with how efficient any given drive system is over another drive system. 

Good drive system, bad drive system, motor hp will remain the same throughout.  Remember we're reading RWHP, not crank hp at the rear wheel.

Why is it then that a car engine can produce say 500 hp at the crank and on a chassis dyno only produce say 410 hp?  The motor still has 500 hp but you can't read that, you only read the rear wheel hp with the loss of the drivetrain.  That's why sticks are more efficient than automatics, less drag and moving parts.

Why do car guys look at the newer "old" 200-4R for better hp gains than say a 4L80E, which is the new version of the 400 but electronic and an O/D?

You are right, transmissions control how fast things get done.  The only thing a motor or chassis dyno measures is torque.  Hp is a formula based on torque x rpm, on other words how fast the work gets done.  You can have tons of torque but still not have much hp, again torque x rpms.

So I have my SERK and have two pulls done, one in 6th and one in 5th, I'll see different rear wheel hp numbers for each.

Just like a car, there will be loss through a drive system.  Most dyno readings I've seen here for the '07s and newer are usually done in 5th gear.  5th is still not 1:1, but it seems to be the preferred gear.  I don't know what they do on older 5 speed transmissions, do they pull in 5th or drop to 4th?  Again it should be a comparison between the same bike on the same dyno between its baseline pull and the finish tune pull; not my pull in Sturgis to someone's pull in NJ.

That being said though, I had mine dyno'd at Sturgis and after running a canned map from Power Commander for 6 month without any complaints, the dyno tune gained me smoother running bike, 9 rear wheel hp and also gained 6 mpg.  My hp was only 89.6 and that's with V&H duals and V&H Ovals.  I had the SE-AC as well as the PCMIII.  I was a little let down from the low numbers compared to others here, but the bike ran better and I am a happy camper.

As I said very early on in this, this "is my opinion" only and I'm open to other ideas.

:)  :)  :)
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2009, 05:46:17 PM »

SEPT with D and D 2 into 1 FatCat / Boss with big bore baffle
HP 97.60 / TQ 113.76
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 05:47:59 PM by FLTRCVO »

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2009, 08:45:02 PM »

Pretty nice pull. Should be peppy around 2000 and above.

Iglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
"Dyno Difference" 09 SERG results
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »

It's been some time coming.

After killin the cat, adding the snorkel, Fullsac cores, and the SSERT, the bike lacked what was gained by the addition of the Andrews 32H cam. Did that, per Dewey's recommendation (Thanks Dewey).

I really was reluctant to pull the heads for warranty reasons, I know there is more to gain there; I am just not sure it's worth the expense at this point in time.

I scheduled the final tune with Ed down in Richardson, TX. Here's a great guy to do business with! He booked the room and set up all the details. All I had to do was show up.

Ed did the final tune early this AM, and the bike runs fantastic. The results were 99.6 HP and 113 Ft/lbs of TQ.

I caught really nice weather, coming home to the Amarillo area; and enjoyed the opportunity to let the ride stretch it's legs.

Greg led me out of Dallas on his O/B and pointed me towards home.

Thanks Guys, Great weekend, enjoyed it !

The impossible just takes a little longer

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

Re: "Dyno Difference" 09 SERG results
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2009, 08:57:27 PM »

Nice numbers Iglide.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2009, 01:53:41 AM »

Here is a pic of my sheet.  Can someone please taka a look and tell me if this looks good or not.  My mods are:

total removal of CAT
Fullsac 2.25
RSD Heavy Breather
SSERT

Thanks

Great numbers with perfect AF, the tech did a nice job of dialing it in.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »

Great numbers with perfect AF, the tech did a nice job of dialing it in.

Thanks for the response.  Bike runs very nicely, but the heat is incredible. So hot on the right leg that i have to move to the hiway pegs for some relief.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #208 on: August 05, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »

Well,  I get to chime in on this post now,  had my serg tuned today and the numbers are:  99hp and 125ft/lb.   
Headed to the smokies tomorrow so I'll let you know how it feels.

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #209 on: August 05, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »

Well,  I get to chime in on this post now,  had my serg tuned today and the numbers are:  99hp and 125ft/lb.   
Headed to the smokies tomorrow so I'll let you know how it feels.

those are some big numbers !!! what else did you do to it ??
a.k.a  Dent Dude
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 24 queries.