Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: Thinking about buying an SE V Rod  but>>>  (Read 20766 times)

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
Thinking about buying an SE V Rod  but>>>
« on: November 17, 2006, 06:49:01 AM »

I'm 6-3, does anyone make extended forward controls for this beast??? or any other solutions??? Other than that I think I'd be a blast for shorter rides. As Always>>> Thanks! Greg  
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Thinking about buying an SE V Rod
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 02:53:37 PM »

I'm 6-3, does anyone make extended forward controls for this beast??? or any other solutions??? Other than that I think I'd be a blast for shorter rides. As Always>>> Thanks! Greg
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 05:14:24 PM »

[highlight]I'm 6-3, [/highlight]does anyone make extended forward controls for this beast??? or any other solutions??? Other than that I think I'd be a blast for shorter rides. As Always>>> Thanks! Greg
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »

Not to sound negative but DON'T BUY IT!!!!! You are about 5 inches tooo tall for that bike. I am right at 6.0 and it was to small for me. Nice to look at(they are one of the prettiest SE models)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 07:37:23 PM by SPIDERMAN »

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 08:58:27 PM »

"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 12:27:31 AM »

Hey Greg,
As Terry said, I'm 6'1" 200lbs and I love my V. It is a blast to ride, the more I ride it the more I enjoy it. I have a Tallboy seat for mine but I didn't really like it. The seat is wider then I like, doesn't give me enough stability when cornering. To me it seemed to wide and flat. It does however work as advertised, it does give you more leg room. I've had a couple days when I put over 300 miles on with the stock SE seat. Seems like the seat just needed to break in or break me in but now it feels fine. My last bike was a XS1100 which was more of a cafe' racer style with mid controls so for me the V felt uncomfortable until I got used to the forward controls. I also installed heel rests on which allows my feet to relax a little more. If you can, take one for a ride, I understand what DC and Spiderman are saying but I love mine. I installed a PCIIIusb and the SE slip-ons and it flys if you want it to. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to talk more.

Good luck,
Ed

Hey Greg,
Ditto on what Ed says.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

Re: Thinking about buying an SE V Rod  but>>>
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 04:44:20 AM »

Thaks Guys for all the responses>>>>> I think I'll go rent on here in Dallas , ride it for a day and see what I think>>> Greg  

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 08:30:50 AM »

Thaks Guys for all the responses>>>>> I think I'll go rent on here in Dallas , ride it for a day and see what I think>>> Greg

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 09:38:30 PM »

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 11:47:16 PM »

Greg,  I think it all depends on how you're built...if you're 6'3" and all legs it would be different than if you are long waisted.  At 5'8" with a 29" inseam, the forward controls are as forward as I could stand them.  The stock seat on mine was fine for just me, but I added a Sundowner with pillion so my GF could ride with me sometimes.  It is a very comfortable seat.  There are pics down in the Vrod thread.

The bike is like riding a finely tuned sports car, with almost a chopper feel to it.  Handles the curves great, and will literally blow you off the back...that back on the riders seat is there for a reason!!

The bike gets more looks from people than you would believe...I can't go anywhere without somebody commenting about how beautiful the bike is...I was jockying around with a guy in a Porche Carrera (sp?) the other day, and he pulled up next to me at a redlight, rolled down his window and commented on how awesome the bike looks and sounds.  Ride one and you'll see....

TTS Mastertune

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 07:57:08 AM »

No no, that'll only make it worse. I rented on on Oahu for a day. Blew away all my friends over there with hot rod push rod H-D's Had to have one after that. I HAAAAAAAADDDDDD to have one. Find a place where you rent for a week and put some miles under your butt. If you still like it. Go for it. Everyone should have what the want in life. I didn't mean to come off so negative. They are awesome rides. I just hate to see someone spend money on something only to be disappointed.

B B

No one rents v-rod's in Dallas so I went to  HD of Norht Texas, have  a buddy  there that sold me my Dyna and he just happened to have a new '05 SE so>>>>>>away we went , rode it for about 15 miles, I know that's not enough time but Damn>>>>I gotta have one>>> What the hell, I've never seen a safe deposit box on a hearse. I'll buy oone and if I don't like it I'll resell it and call that the price  of the ticket to have fun>>>>    

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 08:04:14 AM »

Greg,  I think it all depends on how you're built...if you're 6'3" and all legs it would be different than if you are long waisted.  At 5'8" with a 29" inseam, the forward controls are as forward as I could stand them.  The stock seat on mine was fine for just me, but I added a Sundowner with pillion so my GF could ride with me sometimes.  It is a very comfortable seat.  There are pics down in the Vrod thread.

The bike is like riding a finely tuned sports car, with almost a chopper feel to it.  Handles the curves great, and will literally blow you off the back...that back on the riders seat is there for a reason!!

The bike gets more looks from people than you would believe...I can't go anywhere without somebody commenting about how beautiful the bike is...I was jockying around with a guy in a Porche Carrera (sp?) the other day, and he pulled up next to me at a redlight, rolled down his window and commented on how awesome the bike looks and sounds.  Ride one and you'll see....

Yes I know that's the problem>>> I rode one....and gotta have it.. I'm going to put a tall boy seat on it and the longest forward controls I can get, Race tuner , pipes, and twist the chit out of it and hang on..Reminds me of some of my old Shelby's, put a deep gear in the back, 12-1's, nice large snotty cam and twist it>>>  ..Thanks Guys for all your assistance and relieving me from about 20 k or so .I'll be damn careful next time I ask for assistance!!!..Greg

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 02:49:02 PM »

Greg...you got the chit right about no safety deposit boxes... ;D  The SE VROD is an awesome machine...to me, it's the perfect street bike.  Goes like hell, growls like a pitt bull, the lines on the bike flow like a piece of artwork.  There are two...no three...downsides to the bike 1) small gas tank, so get ready to stop every 110 miles or so 2) no place to carry anything (get the luggage rack...a small bag will work well on it and it looks good, imo) 3) the wind blast at over 100 will make you think you're going to get blown loose of the handlebars...and that's just getting into 3rd gear... :o :o :o :o

110 HP+ right out of the box...11 second 1/4 mile times...makes crotch rockets hunt another gear when you blow by 'em...a man needs at least two bikes... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  So, where's the downside?

TTS Mastertune

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 03:37:09 PM »

Greg...you got the chit right about no safety deposit boxes... ;D  The SE VROD is an awesome machine...to me, it's the perfect street bike.  Goes like hell, growls like a pitt bull, the lines on the bike flow like a piece of artwork.  There are two...no three...downsides to the bike 1) small gas tank, so get ready to stop every 110 miles or so 2) no place to carry anything (get the luggage rack...a small bag will work well on it and it looks good, imo) 3) the wind blast at over 100 will make you think you're going to get blown loose of the handlebars...and that's just getting into 3rd gear... :o :o :o :o

110 HP+ right out of the box...11 second 1/4 mile times...makes crotch rockets hunt another gear when you blow by 'em...a man needs at least two bikes... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  So, where's the downside?

Just like my tag like says>>>>When too much is just right >>>>Twice as much is perfect>>>

Special_Ed

• 1K CVO Member
  • Member#2263 DSPP#136,543,099
    • CVO2: 05' VRSCSE - sold
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 05:20:02 PM »

Just like my tag like says>>>>When too much is just right >>>>Twice as much is perfect>>>

Greg,

Glad you liked the V. Reading through TC's post makes me like mine even more! ;D Mine is an 05' and it's a blast. Looking forward to seeing you post some pics when you get.

Ed
"Looks like we got a date with Destiny and she's ordering the lobstah..."

Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.241 seconds with 25 queries.