Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Harley-Davidson's Road Tech HA90 MP3 ???  (Read 11414 times)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
Re: Harley-Davidson's Road Tech HA90 MP3 ???
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »

Yeah tried that.......loaded to the SD.......loaded into the ZUMO........no worky.

I'm doing something wrong.  Way out of my element with music file format morphing.  I'm confident there's a simple solution.  Just need to figger it out.
Just so I'm straight.... after you convert to MP3, load to SD card, Zumo says  :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021:

REGGAB

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2008, 02:04:43 PM »

Just so I'm straight.... after you convert to MP3, load to SD card, Zumo says  :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021:

Sumpthin' akin to that, yeah.

CBGUNS

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 05:18:26 PM »

Can anyone give me step by step instructions so i can do this ?????????????
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a
well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy chit... What a Ride!!! '

nwemerys

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2008, 11:29:37 PM »

I did this about a year ago, let's see if I can remember:
Open Itunes w/ your music
Alter the formats to mp3 per instructions in a previous post (preferences...)
Plug in SD card.  I seem to remember I loaded it into the Zumo, then plugged the Zumo into the Mac via the (mini) USB cord
Mac will show a new storage device on the desktop
Drag FROM Itunes TO storage device.  You can drag 1 at a time OR hightlight several at once, then drag and drop
When complete, click on storage device on your desktop, you'll see the music there
Throw the ZUMO on the bike, plug in the ZUMO to the AUX port (if not hard wired), go for a long ride w/ a smile.
Dave

94 Nostalgia
07 SE Ultra
     V&H Oval Slip-ons
     sert
     K&N air filter

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 04:45:09 AM »

I did mine on Windows Media Player(WMP).  I "ripped" my entire CD collection to WMP and then "synced" the songs to SD cards.  I have a card reader on my computer and don't know if you have one.  There are a few steps that are not so straight forward to setting up the sync that you would probably need walked through.

That was when I had the HA-90.  Now that I just got my SE Ultra a few weeks back, I took all of those SD cards and burned them onto CD's in mp3 format, since I no longer have a player that takes SD cards.  I filled 8 CD's with about 175 songs per CD.  I figure that's enough music to get me through most rides.  That's 10 to 12 hrs of music per CD.

The reason I'm mentioning the CD's, is because it looks like you have an Ultra, thus a CD player.  The advantage is that if you are using the built in navigation system, it will still cut in on the music via CD.  With the HA-90, you are going in through the auxillary input, and the nav system will not cut in with voice prompts. 

If you are using CD's as your source for recording onto SD cards or onto CD's in mp3 format, I can probably help you with the process...assuming you have a card reader.  I assume you must have some way to connect up with the SD card. 

Here's what you do.  Get a blank SD card, and a CD that you want to transfer and send me a private message and we'll see if we can hook up on the phone and I can walk you through this.  Actually, to me, the best thing to do is to record things onto SD cards, and then if you want, it will be real quick and easy to transfer those to mp3 CD's, if you wish to do so.  Then you are set up for either route.  I didn't see any mention of having a Zumo, but if you do, then the SD route would be the best choice.  By the way, I used WMP to record onto SD cards, but then used iTunes to transfer those to mp3 CD.  Anyway, PM me if you want and I'll see if I can help you through.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 04:58:39 AM »

I'm sorry.  I just flipped back up through the posts and saw that you have your songs set up in the iTunes library.  I think that should make it real easy to do.  I know to record them to CD using iTunes library, it's very quick and easy, so I assume we should be able to do the same to SD card.  If you are on MAC though, I would have no idea what I'm doing.  Again, I'm at least willing to try to help you through.  I've at least made this work in SD and CD formats now.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.