Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Possible Culprit for Poor XM Reception in 2014's with SiriusXM  (Read 22124 times)

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: Possible Culprit for Poor XM Reception in 2014's with SiriusXM
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »

Absolutely!

If my relocation didn't work, I was going to go with a hangar wrapped in tin foil mounted to the back luggage rack. :coolblue:

Ride safe! Cheers!  :2vrolijk_09:
HD makes a set of those.....
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17:31 PM »

Best luck I've ever had was with it two-sided taped right on top of my helmet.  If I hold the left arm just right while putting tongue behind right side molars it's also better.  But just a little bit.

Your method worked when my fillings were metallic.  My dentist wanted a new Mercedes replaced them with dental unobtanium, a very poor conductor.  Now channels 1-55 are punk polka music & 56-99 are mostly Slim Whitman's greatest hits as a result.  If I hold the antenna in my hand, toward Nashville, the Harley Davidson Infotainment® Twindynamic® BOOM!® Yodelizer® creates favorable optimization in all Whitman receptions.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 09:19:14 PM by iski »
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 09:27:33 PM »

Your method worked when my fillings were metallic.  My dentist wanted a new Mercedes replaced them with dental unobtanium, a very poor conductor.  Now channels 1-55 are punk polka music & 56-99 are mostly Slim Whitman's greatest hits as a result.  If I hold the antenna in my hand, toward Nashville, the Harley Davidson Infotainment® Twindynamic® BOOM!® Yodelizer® creates favorable optimization in all Whitman receptions.

Slim Whitman was a commie spy.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2013, 08:12:38 AM »

Slim Whitman was a commie spy.

Sorry for the delay in my response I found channel 100 something on the XM/Sirius/Cuisinart & was distracted. When he rode that atomic bomb in Dr. Strangelove, obviously he had a very high security clearance.

Was he a double agent?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 10:40:23 AM »

Sorry for the delay in my response I found channel 100 something on the XM/Sirius/Cuisinart & was distracted. When he rode that atomic bomb in Dr. Strangelove, obviously he had a very high security clearance.

Was he a double agent?

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO.  That was Slim Pickens not Slim Whitman.  Major Kong was NOT a commie spy.  Major Kong was a Nuclear American!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:43:36 AM by Twolanerider »

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO.  That was Slim Pickens not Slim Whitman.  Major Kong was NOT a commie spy.  Major Kong was a Nuclear American!

Am glad you cleared that up.  Since they shared the same first name I thought they might be double agent brothers.

Whitman saved us from the Martians a few years ago.

Not Major Kong.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 09:53:45 AM »

I have a crazy Idea! someone should design a XM satellite antenna that would fit and actually blend in on the 2014 touring model fairing vent. build a new vent with the antenna actually molded in. The best spot would be the middle support in the vent, it may be a bit thicker but I think that would be just fine.

Crazy idea?

Scott

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »

Actually that's exactly what they should have done or should do. If you look at your vehicle you'll notice the antenna mounted to the roof so it can receive from any horizon. XM antennas don't have to be large, they just have to be able to receive without these obstructions. I wouldn't expect much from Harley since it is apparent they don't place a lot of emphasis electrical design. Even with their 2014 system, they are very primitive and behind times in this area of automotive electronics.

Who needs the distraction of a decent sound system that would interfere with us talking to all our friends from our mobile phone while riding.  LMAO  :huepfenjump3:
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 12:47:00 PM »

Maybe someone will come up with a prototype and then sell it to Harley

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 01:37:23 PM »

Absolutely!

If my relocation didn't work, I was going to go with a hangar wrapped in tin foil mounted to the back luggage rack. :coolblue:

Ride safe! Cheers!  :2vrolijk_09:
We will need pics of course. :huepfenlol2:

Road Runner

• A smooth road and good weather - "Priceless!"

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE, CVO Limited
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 03:12:51 PM »

I have a crazy Idea! someone should design a XM satellite antenna that would fit and actually blend in on the 2014 touring model fairing vent. build a new vent with the antenna actually molded in. The best spot would be the middle support in the vent, it may be a bit thicker but I think that would be just fine.

Crazy idea?

Scott

Hey Scott... actually your idea would work well if HD cut back the front edge of the center support just a little to allow for the small XM anntenna to sit out front and then run the wire back through a very small hole in the support.  They're both flat black and the small antenna wouldn't negatively affect the airflow. Have to check with local HD dealer to be on the lookout for a damaged fairing in the future they'd sell me to experiment with.  Good idea!  :2vrolijk_21:
2014 FLHTKSE, Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon
2013 FLHTCUSE8, Stardust Silver / Dark Slate / Titanium Dust with Thunderblade Graphics (trade-in)
2010 FLHTK, Ultra Limited, Light/Dark Candy Root Beer (trade-in)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 05:44:08 PM »

Thank you, I really think its worth a shot, all the bat wings in the future will have the slot. They could even take it a step further and instal the radio antenna into the slot. That vent creates oppertunities they have ever had.

SE-5

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »

3 or 4 years ago someone posted the external antenna available from the XM web site.  I installed it on my bike, attached to the mirror.  I almost never drop reception any more, I think it cost about $25.  Do an in-depth search or maybe someone remembers it.....  I left the stock antenna inside, just unplugged it. (when the pictures/post of it came out back in 09 or 10, everyone was joking about it and said it looked like something some people would want to sit on)

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2014, 12:21:04 PM »

I just found this thread.  Thanks for the instructions, I will try the same.

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2014, 03:45:32 PM »

Made the changes yesterday, improved reception 100%. Did not cut out one time so far. (In areas where it normally would)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 22 queries.