Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 113 S&S  (Read 7497 times)

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
113 S&S
« on: October 19, 2008, 02:04:34 PM »

I am looking at building a FXR,would like to get some info on the 113 S&S crate engine hp/tq #'s,and dyno sheets
also any info on a good trans for this project

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: 113 S&S
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:39:17 AM »

I am looking at building a FXR,would like to get some info on the 113 S&S crate engine hp/tq #'s,and dyno sheets

This is from S&S' Performance Engines Catalog. Their site isn't the easiest to navigate. I almost went this route on my '85 WG, but went with a RevTech 110 for about 1/3 the price! Good luck with your FXR Project, and maybe get us some progress and completion pics!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Weasels

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:40:34 PM »

If you go with the S&S engine get it with there ignition (IST)then you have a 2 year warranty on the engine. Read up on this ignition in there web site to see if the cost is worth it. Also consider the 124 engine. Don't make the same mistake I made and purchase the engine to early, and it sits on the bench for part of the warranty, use a mock up motor. I have the 113 S&S and really like it, but wish I had the 124.

http://www.sscycle.com/iframes/catalog50.php

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 08:48:42 PM »

I would agree with some of the others, the 113 with IST on my '95 bagger works fine. I went to Baker for a 6 speed upgrade, and have taken this bike all over the west, canada, mexico, 2 up, loaded. It wll pull the front wheel off the ground! If you put the 113 in a lightweight bike like the FXR, I'm sure you will be happy with the results. The 124 will not last as long, but, will make more power, choice is always: power=$$$, how fast do you want to go? Also more power=less miles before rebuild. 124 has a longer stroke, shorter piston skirts, not really a long distance motor. I went with the 113 because of the IST and the warranty, and have been happy with S&S for a long, long time.
HOGMIKE

redtwin

• Full CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: FXR-4
    • CVO2: FXSTSSE
    • CVO3: 2010 ROADDGLIDE
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 04:22:52 AM »

This is going to be a slow project thanks for any info you can give along the way,I will be sure to post progress pics along the way
The next big decision is to start with a doner bike and strip it down or start with a aftermarket frame

Weasels

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 10:08:09 AM »

My build is all aftermarket parts including the frame. That is where the problem is. Where I live we register all bikes by frame number, this is what you need to know. The insurance is way more because it is an aftermarket bike and I had a hard time finding some one to insure it. If I had to do it again I would have bought an old worn out Softail and rebuilt it to suite me. I still enjoy the bike and have no regrets, but the insurance is $3000.00 plus a year for full coverage. Just something to consider.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 24 queries.