Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Just sayin' - why I stick with Harleys  (Read 3488 times)

ultra13

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra
Re: Just sayin' - why I stick with Harleys
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2019, 07:41:58 PM »

I hear of people saying that I always wanted a Harley when I grew up because my grandfather or father had one or some other reason. I don't think I have heard or read anyone saying..When I grow up I have always wanted to buy a BMW or Honda...JMO

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 07:52:17 PM »

It always fascinates me when BMW owners try to claim how reliable their motorcycles are. In fact, by all raters from JD Powers to Consumer's Report BMW have the worst frequency of repair record of any major motorcycle manufacturer. Yamaha has the best record. That certainly does not disqualify BMW by any measure, it is just a fact.

That being said, I love my Harleys and have had wonderful service experience from them. I am never far from a dealer if I do need service, and in fact so many mechanics are familiar with HDs that service really is never a problem. I also love my Triumphs, as with HD they have a soul and lineage. Harleys just make me smile and feel good when I ride and in the end that is what it is all about. If mechanical reliability was the sole measure we could be riding souless UJMs which will get us there with all the flair and fun on a Toyota Corolla.

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 09:53:48 PM »

Hot Chicks Dig Harleys  :coolblue:
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 24 queries.