Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Author Topic: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics  (Read 63104 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2008, 07:49:35 PM »

Howie,
Looking good sure is a lot of chrome there to keep clean. :2vrolijk_21: :D ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Thanks man, and don't I know it! Between this bike, Cybil, and Joy, I'll have my hands full with that! Maybe I'll teach my house cleaner how to detail! Better yet Gary, maybe you can teach her!!! ;D ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2008, 09:25:14 PM »

Nice progress...thanks for the pics and review...looking forward to more...

REGGAB

« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »

Thanks for the pictures, Howie.  Can't wait to see that gem in person.  You are quite fortunate.   :2vrolijk_21:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2008, 06:03:22 PM »

thanks for the photos Hoist! It always cool to see projects progress. Sure you're getting antsy to get on and ride.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2008, 03:18:33 PM »

Well, finding the lil things now. Filled her with oil this week and found there's a small leak in the old oil tank. Of course HD doesn't make 4-speed oil tanks any longer. Didn't bother searching around for one either. We ordered a new chrome replacement from Tedd's V-Twin. Now waiting for that to show before attempting startup! It's 29deg here, so no hurry. But I'm anxious to see her run! Should be soon though! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2008, 03:29:43 PM »

Well, finding the lil things now. Filled her with oil this week and found there's a small leak in the old oil tank. Of course HD doesn't make 4-speed oil tanks any longer. Didn't bother searching around for one either. We ordered a new chrome replacement from Tedd's V-Twin. Now waiting for that to show before attempting startup! It's 29deg here, so no hurry. But I'm anxious to see her run! Should be soon though! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's just too damn cold...

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #111 on: November 22, 2008, 03:30:32 PM »

No way to repair the existing tank?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: November 22, 2008, 03:57:46 PM »

No way to repair the existing tank?

Hey Brian! :2vrolijk_21:

HeHe!!! Why bother, they make a chrome replacement for it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2008, 03:15:06 PM »

Was at the shop picking up Joy today. Went out back to check out the FXWG progress. Not much made, still waiting on some parts. But they had her out back parked next to a beautiful '52 Servi-Car! Had to get some shots of the SC and my WG next to her! Really nice '52. Black w/d00d highlights! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2008, 03:15:31 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2008, 03:16:16 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2008, 03:16:38 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2008, 03:17:12 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2008, 03:17:53 PM »

2 older beauties! Last shot gang! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 22

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.