Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Author Topic: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics  (Read 63069 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2008, 08:59:03 PM »

Thanks for the pics Howie. This has been a fun project to follow.  Have really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to the end of it and hearing of the beastie hitting the street :2vrolijk_21: .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #151 on: December 17, 2008, 09:01:31 PM »

Thanks for the pics Howie. This has been a fun project to follow.  Have really enjoyed it.  Looking forward to the end of it and hearing of the beastie hitting the street :2vrolijk_21: .

Thanks Don! You and me both! Now you'll have a choice of a few cool rides when ya come visit us! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #152 on: December 17, 2008, 09:02:59 PM »

Thanks Don! You and me both! Now you'll have a choice of a few cool rides when ya come visit us! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Amen to that brother.  You can spell that I N C E N T I V E !

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2008, 12:36:51 PM »

WooHoo!!! WooHoo!!! WooHoo!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Just got a call from the shop! It was my bike calling me! I answered the phone to my new 110 Evo running!!! It sounded great from what I could hear over a cell phone! Vern used to call my 4-speed "Rainmaker", cause of all the times I went to see him and it started raining! Now he's calling it "Snowmaker"! New bike, new name, new generation for the ole 4-speed!!! ;D

It was a fun call, and she's pretty much done now! Too bad she'll sit awhile til we get rid of all this white chit falling here! Can't wait to get my "real bike" back!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #154 on: December 19, 2008, 12:44:04 PM »

WooHoo!!! WooHoo!!! WooHoo!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Just got a call from the shop! It was my bike calling me! I answered the phone to my new 110 Evo running!!! It sounded great from what I could hear over a cell phone! Vern used to call my 4-speed "Rainmaker", cause of all the times I went to see him and it started raining! Now he's calling it "Snowmaker"! New bike, new name, new generation for the ole 4-speed!!! ;D

It was a fun call, and she's pretty much done now! Too bad she'll sit awhile til we get rid of all this white chit falling here! Can't wait to get my "real bike" back!!! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
Congrats Man, I know you're happy right now.  (even with the white chit)  ;D har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »

Thanks spyd! :2vrolijk_21:

And you know I'll be going to visit her tomorrow, white chit and all!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2008, 12:50:32 PM »

Thanks spyd! :2vrolijk_21:

And you know I'll be going to visit her tomorrow, white chit and all!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

I forgot.  What carb is on this one?  Just wondering how easy she'll be to dial in.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #157 on: December 19, 2008, 12:54:19 PM »

I forgot.  What carb is on this one?  Just wondering how easy she'll be to dial in.

Mikuni HSR 45. I used an adapter for, and used the S&S backplate and A/C Teardrop A/C assembly. He's throwing it on the dyno to calibrate the new Autometer speedo/tach, and will set the carb up while it's on. It won't need much fiddling around with. It sounded pretty damn good already! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #158 on: December 19, 2008, 01:17:37 PM »

Mikuni HSR 45. I used an adapter for, and used the S&S backplate and A/C Teardrop A/C assembly. He's throwing it on the dyno to calibrate the new Autometer speedo/tach, and will set the carb up while it's on. It won't need much fiddling around with. It sounded pretty damn good already! ;)

Hoist! 8)

That's great Howie.  Hearing one fire off the first time is always a big deal.  No matter how many times you've done it.  Keeping my fingers crossed for quick storm passage and cleared roads to try it out a bit.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #159 on: December 19, 2008, 01:19:23 PM »

That's great Howie.  Hearing one fire off the first time is always a big deal.  No matter how many times you've done it.  Keeping my fingers crossed for quick storm passage and cleared roads to try it out a bit.

Thanks Don! Let's hope it clears quick. Supposed to warm up again next week. I hope so! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #160 on: December 19, 2008, 01:55:37 PM »

Thanks Don! Let's hope it clears quick. Supposed to warm up again next week. I hope so! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)

We had schools closed Mon-Tues-Wed.  A little more slush early Thursday followed by rain.  High during the day Thursday was around 40.  The overnight it went nuts.  Took the dog out to pee about 3:00 AM and it was in the high 60s.  Cooled off again before dawn and it's in the mid 30s again now.  Everything got melted or washed off though.  Maybe you'll get that too.

screem

• Senior CVO Member
  • Ride Sober
« Reply #161 on: December 19, 2008, 02:53:43 PM »

Howie, I dig that S&S A/C with the slots in the front of it...way cool...good luck with the weather...not to rub it in or anything...but :orange: what the hell...82 an sunny an dry here today and the rest of the weekend....cold spell coming monday though....they say it may only get to 73 or so....but ya got to be tough to live here in the sunshine state....best of luck with the scoot....really enjoyed the pics too :orange:
2000 FLTRSEI
1995 Fatboy... Apes, Foot Clutch,Jockey Shift 6Gal Tanks/Flames
 RIDE SOBER

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2008, 02:59:30 PM »

Howie, I dig that S&S A/C with the slots in the front of it...way cool...good luck with the weather...not to rub it in or anything...but :orange: what the hell...82 an sunny an dry here today and the rest of the weekend....cold spell coming monday though....they say it may only get to 73 or so....but ya got to be tough to live here in the sunshine state....best of luck with the scoot....really enjoyed the pics too :orange:

Thanks a lot Bob! That's the Hi-flow model they make. I got it from TimBone two years ago, and used it on Cybil til I put the 62mm TB on her. They make an adapter to use the S&S A/C on Mikuni carbs. Love that S&S A/C look on a V-Twin! :2vrolijk_21:

But you'll rub it in anyway, huh! ::) :P ;D ;D ;D

Wish I were down there with ya right now, breakin the Snowmaker in! ;)

Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 11:17:56 AM by Hoist! »

REGGAB

« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2008, 09:23:47 PM »

Great news, Howie!  Thanks for sharing.  I know you'll be happy to get "The Four Speed," "Rainmaker," "Snowmaker" back home where she belongs.  It's always awesome when a plan finally produces a result.  I remember not many months ago seeing all her new parts still boxed up downstairs at NSMC.  You must be extremely excited.  Can't wait for your report on how she rides now.  Best Blessings to ya!   :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2008, 09:02:42 AM »

Great news, Howie!  Thanks for sharing.  I know you'll be happy to get "The Four Speed," "Rainmaker," "Snowmaker" back home where she belongs.  It's always awesome when a plan finally produces a result.  I remember not many months ago seeing all her new parts still boxed up downstairs at NSMC.  You must be extremely excited.  Can't wait for your report on how she rides now.  Best Blessings to ya!   :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you Henry! You know better than most how excited I am getting my REAL bike back! I love that ole 4-speed, and hope to love it even more now that she's reborn CVO Style!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 22

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.