Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics  (Read 63104 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2008, 02:56:46 PM »

Last one! The boys hard at work. That's Buddy one of the owners giving me a "you're No. 1" sign! ;D

Adam, Mark, Buddy, and Frankie. Frankie did some of the assembly. Vern did most of it. Artie did all the wiring (he's not there either)

Vern wasn't there today. So he's still a mystery man to youze guys! Hope ya'll like the pics. Can't wait to get on her now!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »

Congrats Howie, enjoy!!!! Did you get it home?

Oh, and like Neal said...... the pic of the funny looking guy in the mirror just about skeered me chitless. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2008, 03:07:53 PM »

Congrats Howie, enjoy!!!! Did you get it home?

Oh, and like Neal said...... the pic of the funny looking guy in the mirror just about skeered me chitless. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

HeHe! I saw that when I was takin em, so I focussed on the mirror and lined myself up in it, just for a goof! ;D ;D ;D

No, I'll be riding her home when I get a break in the weather. The new front end doesn't have a tab to line up with the one on the frame, for the fork padlock. Buddy's gonna try and fabricate something so I don't have to use one of them stupid disc brake locks, which I'm sure I'll forget to remove at one point or another! :nixweiss:

Thanks all for the kind words and for lookin!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Stone Cold

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 1999 FXR2
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2008, 03:42:23 PM »

Great looking bike Howie,nice job!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hope ya get some nice weather soon. I know we won't  :'(

Pete

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2008, 03:44:44 PM »

Great looking bike Howie,nice job!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hope ya get some nice weather soon. I know we won't  :'(

Pete

Thanks a lot Pete! Don't know when I'll get to ride these days either. Was 15 this morning. Supposed to warm up a lil but rain! I'll catch some Indian (I mean HD) summer sometime soon I hope though! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #230 on: December 22, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »

Hoist - what an outstanding build! Bike looks just awesome, cool to see a chain drive! There's enough chrome there to qualify for honorary CVO status although you may want to consider mocking up a HVO logo. Sure you can't wait to get on and break the law.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #231 on: December 22, 2008, 09:01:53 PM »

Hoist - what an outstanding build! Bike looks just awesome, cool to see a chain drive! There's enough chrome there to qualify for honorary CVO status although you may want to consider mocking up a HVO logo. Sure you can't wait to get on and break the law.

There are no laws broken til I get caught!!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;)

Thanks a lot mb! Yeah, and HD can, and has, done way worse than having an HVO Factory!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #232 on: December 22, 2008, 09:42:18 PM »

Looks great Howie. It's great when you see these ol scooters still thumping along! Still working on the 84 with/for my son.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #233 on: December 22, 2008, 09:48:07 PM »

Looks great Howie. It's great when you see these ol scooters still thumping along! Still working on the 84 with/for my son.

Thanks Jeff! :2vrolijk_21:

Did ya find bars for the bike? Check Flanders site. They make all kinds. I'd keep ther gauges on 2"-4" straight risers, then figure the bars to do the rest for you from there. Take a good look at the FXDWG bars too. HD makes em in chrome, CHEAP!!! Use 2" risers. Very comfortable! ;)

There's NO NEW BIKE that HD makes that I'd buy today. This was my thought process in rebuilding this one. This was always my favorite HD I ever had. So, it needed a rebirth to this generation is all. Now it's better than anything HD can think of making, including CVO's!!! :o ;) :2vrolijk_21:

That oughta get a rise!!! :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2008, 11:37:12 AM »

TODAY'S UPDATE:

Well, completely struck out on the seat replacement, as I thought I would. Try finding a nice seat replacement for a 4-speed Evo frame! Aha! Can't be done. Mustang makes a Pillow Seat for it, which I already have. It doesn't go with this bike at all. So I contacted them for options. They were very helpful, and way better to talk to than Corbin. But alas, they were not able to help. They don't make 4-speed Evo seats any longer, even though their website says they do. But......

They sent me to a place called Sargeant Cycle Products. http://www.sargentcycle.com/custserv.htm
They have a division called the Custom Seat Services Division. They offer seat rebuilding of ANY seat, including HD stock seats. They're going to redo the foam in Supercell, and recover it with the pleated vinyl and retain the 2-piece look. They're even going to try to salvage the original round HD logo in 1 of the seat panels. Basically give me a NEW stock seat with better foam. Total w/shipping was $250. As I don't seem to have any other options, I'm going to ship my seat down to FL and give them a shot! I hope they get it right! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #235 on: December 23, 2008, 11:44:24 AM »

Looks like a good option Howie. Good luck with the seat!

JW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #236 on: December 23, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »

Give it a shot!

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #237 on: December 23, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »

Hey Hoist, how will it look different than what's on the bike now? Are you just needing new foam?   :-\ spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #238 on: December 23, 2008, 11:55:59 AM »

Hey Hoist, how will it look different than what's on the bike now? Are you just needing new foam?   :-\ spyder

Thanks guys! :2vrolijk_21:

The seat in those pics is not for this bike. It's a seat I picked up that seat on EBay for $22 and is from an '85 FXE, round fender bike (not a Bobtail fender). I'm using it cause I figured I'd need it while my original stock seat gets rebuilt, which I thought would be(and is) my only option. Anyone ever hear of these guys?

Didn't necessarily need new foam spyd, but the vinyl's a lil ripped up after 25 years. But adding the modern Supercell is a no brainer since it'll be completely apart. ;)

Hoist! 8)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #239 on: December 23, 2008, 12:00:57 PM »

Haven't heard of them. I've talked with and a friend use www.meancitycycles.com/. They did a good job for him. Can't hurt to call em.

JW
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.