Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics  (Read 63053 times)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
Re: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics
« Reply #270 on: December 31, 2008, 12:07:39 AM »

Well it did mb! Bike's home now!!! :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

It rides unbelievable now. You'd never know you're riding a solid mount! You think Traxxion's great on an FLH, try it on a street bike!!! Holy crap! AWESOME!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Great news Howie. Here's to hoping 09 starts right for you and all your scoots!

JW

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #271 on: December 31, 2008, 12:09:06 AM »

Great news Howie. Here's to hoping 09 starts right for you and all your scoots!

JW

Thank You Jeff!!! And a Very Healthy and Happy New Year to ya!!! :drink: :drink: :drink:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #272 on: December 31, 2008, 03:49:24 AM »

Howieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbsup:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #273 on: December 31, 2008, 05:55:46 AM »

Looking good Howie! Congratulations man!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #274 on: December 31, 2008, 07:59:15 AM »

looks good howie, i like it.  :2vrolijk_21:      axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #275 on: December 31, 2008, 08:13:46 AM »

looks good howie, i like it.  :2vrolijk_21:      axil

Looking good Howie! Congratulations man!

Howieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbsup:

THANKS GUYS!!! Ya'll have a Great New Years too!!! :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2008, 01:45:50 PM »

Glad you got to ride the new scoot Hoist. Looking forward to a detailed ride review.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #277 on: January 02, 2009, 06:08:58 AM »

Very sweet pics indeed Howie. You even have me grinning like a Cheshire cat at the thought of how you must feel with your babies tucked up in your garage. All you need now is for Cybil to make her return and you will be complete (hope your garage can fit them all in).

Happy New Year to you and Binx............hope youze have a great one.

Nige & Jan
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #278 on: January 02, 2009, 08:14:06 AM »

Very sweet pics indeed Howie. You even have me grinning like a Cheshire cat at the thought of how you must feel with your babies tucked up in your garage. All you need now is for Cybil to make her return and you will be complete (hope your garage can fit them all in).

Happy New Year to you and Binx............hope youze have a great one.

Nige & Jan

Thanks a lot Nige! And don't forget the Hoist Bobber too! Gotta be room for five, not four! Oops, better make it six after a Black Triumph Thruxton finally makes it's way over here someday too! ;) :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

And all the best to you and Jan with wishes of a very Healthy and Happy New Year to you both! :drink: :drink: :drink: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #279 on: January 02, 2009, 12:34:48 PM »

Hoist, went to the traxion site and it appeared they did not have a front end for wide glides. Did they do a custom setup for yours? I see you are a big fan of their products and I can understand the big advantage on a touring bike but would be interested in your feedback on the benefits on a wide glide. Is it worth the $$$'s?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #280 on: January 02, 2009, 12:49:56 PM »

Hoist, went to the traxion site and it appeared they did not have a front end for wide glides. Did they do a custom setup for yours? I see you are a big fan of their products and I can understand the big advantage on a touring bike but would be interested in your feedback on the benefits on a wide glide. Is it worth the $$$'s?

They can do a conversion on just about any front end conventional hydraulic front end. Just call and ask for Dan. Same price too. Not custom for them, but I don't think any HD guys have done anything but FL's besides me! And as it turns out, it's even better on a street bike mb!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #281 on: January 02, 2009, 12:54:28 PM »

When you say better, do you mean safer, better performance in turns, stopping?? How do you notice the difference and what do you experience versus stock front end?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #282 on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:24 PM »

When you say better, do you mean safer, better performance in turns, stopping?? How do you notice the difference and what do you experience versus stock front end?

The ride and the dive. I seem to glide over the same highway cross ties I used to leave my seat on with the stock front end. And the dive during handling is all but gone. Very controlllable now. It's also more plush at the same time. This is in conjunction with the bitubo's in the rear. I didn't try it with just the AK-20's in the front. But the AK-20/bitubo combo is the best I've ever felt on any HD! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #283 on: January 02, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »

The ride and the dive. I seem to glide over the same highway cross ties I used to leave my seat on with the stock front end. And the dive during handling is all but gone. Very controlllable now. It's also more plush at the same time. This is in conjunction with the bitubo's in the rear. I didn't try it with just the AK-20's in the front. But the AK-20/bitubo combo is the best I've ever felt on any HD! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

He likes that it rides like a dresser ::) .

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #284 on: January 02, 2009, 01:34:58 PM »

He likes that it rides like a dresser ::) .

HeHe!!! It's not all about FD's here Don! BTW, have I mentioned lately that you FD guys REALLY KILL ME!!! ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.