Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics  (Read 63063 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: The CVO'ing of an '85 FXWG - Progress and Pics
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2009, 06:26:31 PM »

I like it too.  Hard to tell from this which one is more CVO material.

Wow Mike!!! I'll surely take that as a BIG compliment man!!! Thanks!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #301 on: January 26, 2009, 02:25:08 PM »

As I told youze a few weeks ago, I sent my original stock seat from tthis bike to Sargeant Cycle in FL. The did a good job rebuilding it to new original condition. They were able to salvag the original HD logo that's tooled into one panel of the seat as you can see. It was the only alternative and for $249, it was worth it! They also used their Supercell foam to rebuild it with. Came out very well! Here's a few pics of it both off and on the bike! :2vrolijk_21:

http://www.sargentcycle.com/

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #302 on: January 26, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #303 on: January 26, 2009, 02:26:25 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #304 on: January 26, 2009, 02:26:57 PM »

!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #305 on: January 26, 2009, 02:27:33 PM »

!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #306 on: January 26, 2009, 02:28:37 PM »

Looks great on the bike Howie.  Hope it rides as well as it looks. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #307 on: January 26, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

Well that'll do it for this baby for awhile now. Everything I wanted to do to it is done now! Time to finish up Cybil and the Hoist Bobber! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #308 on: January 26, 2009, 02:32:12 PM »

Looks great on the bike Howie.  Hope it rides as well as it looks. :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Don, Sitting on it seems firmer than before. So I guess it'll be OK. Hey, the stock seat at 25 YO was great! This can't be much different, and hopefully even better! Why did HD used to make great seats, and now their stock seats must be changed! Stupid question I guess! ::) ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

elvislee

« Reply #309 on: January 26, 2009, 02:41:30 PM »

Hey Howie...Is that seat the one ya said ya bought on eBay back last year sometimes or a different seat? MAN! It really looks good if that's the same one? Why did ya use "Sargent's" instead of "Mean City Cycles"? Just curious cause I'm thinkin of sending my mustang in for gel pads and maybe lowering an inch or so....Again Man...GREAT JOB they did!  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #310 on: January 26, 2009, 03:10:15 PM »

Hey Howie...Is that seat the one ya said ya bought on eBay back last year sometimes or a different seat? MAN! It really looks good if that's the same one? Why did ya use "Sargent's" instead of "Mean City Cycles"? Just curious cause I'm thinkin of sending my mustang in for gel pads and maybe lowering an inch or so....Again Man...GREAT JOB they did!  :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Blaine! No, the EBay one was for a round fender '85 4-speed Evo, not a Bobtail from a FXWG. This is the bike's ORIGINAL factory seat. I sent it to Sargeant's cause they were recommended by Mustang. Mustang was the only manufacturer to make a seat for and '85 4-speed Evo besides HD. And they said these guys are one of their biggest dealers, and also do their own custom seatwork as well. The did a nice job and the price seemed fair! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #311 on: January 26, 2009, 03:16:09 PM »

.... and boy do these bikes look better in person Don!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Great job Howie!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #312 on: January 26, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »

.... and boy do these bikes look better in person Don!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: Great job Howie!!

HeHe!!! Thanks GH! Too bad it was too cold for the 3 of us to get on em for a lil bit! Oh well, youze'll have to come back in some nicer weather is all! ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #313 on: January 26, 2009, 03:40:55 PM »

Great job on the seat, Howie.  8) I like the little sissy bar pad also.  Glad they worked the HD emblem back into the re-do.  Neat!  :2vrolijk_21: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #314 on: January 26, 2009, 07:24:01 PM »

Seat looks great Hoist! That bike's a winner!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.