Custom Vehicle Discussions > 2001 FXDWG2/2002 FXDWG3

FXDWG2 Fork brace

(1/3) > >>

Harlan:
I have read the earlier posts on fork brace for the fxdwg2. Mine does not fit, contrary to the evidence posted earlier that it does. It seems that my lower fork slider is of a different type than those mentioned in the other post. I have included some pictures which shows that the clamp bolting the fork brace on is to narrow for the top of the fork brace. The "Clamp too small" picture clearly shows there is no way I will be able to fit this to the fork slider. Any ideas/suggestions on how to deal with this?

Harlan:

--- Quote from: Harlan on May 06, 2014, 07:30:21 AM ---I have read the earlier posts on fork brace for the fxdwg2. Mine does not fit, contrary to the evidence posted earlier that it does. It seems that my lower fork slider is of a different type than those mentioned in the other post. I have included some pictures which shows that the clamp bolting the fork brace on is to narrow for the top of the fork brace. The "Clamp too small" picture clearly shows there is no way I will be able to fit this to the fork slider. Any ideas/suggestions on how to deal with this?

--- End quote ---
Another picture.

Harlan:

--- Quote from: Harlan on May 06, 2014, 07:30:57 AM ---Another picture.

--- End quote ---
A third picture.

Harlan:

--- Quote from: Harlan on May 06, 2014, 07:31:59 AM ---A third picture.

--- End quote ---
And the final "money shot", the clamp simply doesn't fit...

FlaHeatWave:
I always wondered about that too...

subscribed...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version